ADVERTISEMENT

Some smoke surrounding Kaden Johnson to Nebraska

No problem.

Non-blue blood programs don't normally attract fans of other teams to their board writing 7 paragraph essays trying to convince soneone they are not blue bloods.

Don't normally see that on the KSU, ISU, Cincinnati, Washington State, Iowa, Cal, Missouri, Wake Forest boards.
1yhjbh.jpg

Uberism is a clown.....but that's neither here nor there....

Just some observations....

Yes, Nebraska has better bonafides that Iowa. But there was a point when Army and Navy had better bonafides than Nebraska. Are they still bluebloods? If not, why not?

Minnesota has more NCs than Nebraska, and leads the series still by 8 games, despite Nebraska rattling off 19 wins in a row (or whatever it is) at one point. So, is Minnesota a blueblood?

Nebraska hasn't done anything worthy of being a blueblood in 20 years. Hell....that CU program we all think is dogs#!+ has won and played for conference titles more recently than Nebraska (2001, 2016).

To me, we need to define "blueblood" in order to argue the point.

Last time I checked, history and tradition don't wear jerseys. I checked Nebraska's roster. They are not listed.
Lol....2002-2014 were far from elite, but were pretty decent and at least equal to or better than Iowa according to the record. 2015–2019 Nebraska has been horrible, but 5 years of bad is a lot different than 20-60 years of consistently bad football like Minnesota, Army and Navy went through.

Please revisit the point in 15-25 years and we can discuss.

Sorry to continue to derail this thread, hope the recruit ITT becomes a husker.

Lol....2002-2014 were far from elite, but were pretty decent and at least equal to or better than Iowa according to the record. 2015–2019 Nebraska has been horrible, but 5 years of bad is a lot different than 20-60 years of consistently bad football like Minnesota, Army and Navy went through.

Please revisit the point in 15-25 years and we can discuss.

Sorry to continue to derail this thread, hope the recruit ITT becomes a husker.
So...then what is the magic cut-off in terms how long a program has to atrophy before they are no longer elite or a blueblood? What is the magic average number of losses a season, and for what length of time, would a program no longer be a blueblood?

To me, not winning a conference title in 20 years would disqualify someone from being a blueblood....and, as I said, history and tradition don't suit up on Saturdays.

Last edited:
So...then what is the magic cut-off in terms how long a program has to atrophy before they are no longer elite or a blueblood? What is the magic average number of losses a season, and for what length of time, would a program no longer be a blueblood?

To me, not winning a conference title in 20 years would disqualify someone from being a blueblood....and, as I said, history and tradition don't suit up on Saturdays.
I mean there are publications and articles on the blue bloods which have been linked on this forum many times. The following schools are considered bluebloods: Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame and Nebraska. It's too bad you don't view Nebraska as a blue blood anymore, but the consensus is that they are. Everyone of these schools has went through droughts and tough times and has bounced back and I think we will too.

I’ll do this one more time as this is a tired Iowa fan train of thought. Nebraska has played in several conference championship games since 1999, the last time in the Big12 was in 2010 and the last time in the B1G was 2012. Nebraska has only been truly bad for 5 seasons. If Nebraska doesn’t reach another conference championship game in the next 10 years we can discuss. Blueblood status has several points of demarcation and there are only 8-10 teams in the conversation. Nebraska will continue to be part of the conversation, for or against, for several years to come and it will be debatable for the next 15 years minimum. That’s good enough for me. BTW, pre conference championship games, shared titles weren’t truly “earned” and the “true” winner can be debated. I feel this way for any teams shared titles.

You seem like you need to get laid.

To you we may not be blue bloods, but to the vast majority of college football experts still say we are. I hope you aren’t offended if I agree with them over you...

So now this thread has went from it’s original intention of being a recruiting hot take, to what was the purpose of Frosts extension, to now is Nebraska a blue blood program still... that’s quite the range... I mean this is the whole reason why there was another thread started about how this board has went down hill... again alone all of those topics are great topics to discuss and debate and I’d normally jump into them... however I won’t jump into them in this thread (some may argue that this is jumping in and fair enough but that’s not my intent)... this thread was for Kaden Johnson recruiting information, can we please leave it as such, if you want to discuss the other topics can we please start a new thread so everyone that don’t wanna weed through all the other stuff to read the info that the subject line alludes to, don’t have to

Last edited:
To you we may not be blue bloods, but to the vast majority of college football experts still say we are. I hope you aren’t offended if I agree with them over you...
Agree with whoever you want.....but an "expert" on the weeks games, and his opinion on who is and isn't a blueblood isn't any more valid than yours or mine.....

I'm betting that there are experts in other areas with whom you disagree...

I don’t give a shit about any of this blue blood nonsense. It means nothing to me right now. The only thing that matters to me right now is returning to playing competitive, winning football. If we start to win again, then everyone will agree we are a blue blood. If we keep losing nobody will care anyway.

Right now, arguing over blue blood status just seems like a sad and pathetic attempt to cling to some last shred of our former glory. How about we start by beating Purdue, Indiana, Colorado, Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin.

Which brings us back to the OP. We need recruits like this. Out of such recruits winning football is forged.

Agree with whoever you want.....but an "expert" on the weeks games, and his opinion on who is and isn't a blueblood isn't any more valid than yours or mine.....

I'm betting that there are experts in other areas with whom you disagree...
Let me break it down so that a 5 year old could understand... your opinion matters little. Countless experts who say Nebraska is a blue blood matters lots.

If I’ve got health issues and you tell me not to worry about it but a doctor says I need to be hospitalized, I am going to listen to the expert (doctor) every time over your overinflated sense of wisdom as it relates to who is or is not a blue blood.

Well, at least we're not distracted by a bowl game. This should allow us to focus 110% on landing difference-making recruits. Just wish we had an identity to sell them.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Experts opinions aren't any more valid than yours? Wow
giphy.gif
Not on who is and isn't a blueblood. Someone telling me their opinion on who is and isn't a blueblood is no different than a move critic....and I bet you don't put much stock in them, do you.

Let me break it down so that a 5 year old could understand... your opinion matters little. Countless experts who say Nebraska is a blue blood matters lots.

If I’ve got health issues and you tell me not to worry about it but a doctor says I need to be hospitalized, I am going to listen to the expert (doctor) every time over your overinflated sense of wisdom as it relates to who is or is not a blue blood.
And what formal education and training, similar to what a doctor has, does someone telling you who is and isn't a blueblood in college football have? I'd bet good money that the doctor making your diagnosis has far more education, formal training, and experience in the medical field than the person telling you that Nebraska is a blueblood in 2019 has in their field.

In other words, your doctor analogy is bunk.

A former coach or player on TV giving me their take on Xs and Os? I'd take that as expert information. A former coach or player telling me who is and isn't a blueblood in 2019 is a matter of their opinion.

Since 2000:
Nebraska- 6 losing seasons. No conference championships. No national championships.

Oklahoma- 0 losing seasons. 12 conference championships (11 outright). 3 BCS playoff appearances.

Alabama- 3 losing seasons since 2000 (last in 2006). 6 conference championships. 5 national championships. 5 BCS playoff appearances.

Last edited:
what problem, Supporting my team, our staff and school? If that’s a problem (as you’re indicating) then I don’t want to be right. And sorry, I could give a flying F_ck if Iowa has done better as of recently with their record. What see with Iowa right now, that’s as good as they are going to get (7-6 to 9-3)They will not do any better then what they are doing or done right now.

The Huskers on the other hand have a much much higher ceiling. We can and will accomplish more then Iowa will. Yes, our Huskers have struggled as of recent but even with that, the Huskers are still blue bloods and Iowa isn’t even top 25 in those ranks. So yes, I’ll always defend that statement, Iowa will never be at the Huskers level. They’d have to throw together 4-5 national titles, multiple Heisman winners, get to be number 1 and stay there a number of years and a number more things.

sorry but there is much more to it then current records when you’re talking about who’s got the better program. There’s a reason why the Huskers tend to land 4 star players that rank in the top 100- top 250 while Iowa gets lucky to land one or two. Recruits even know which team has the high prestige. HUSKERS hands down.

You’re right, Iowa will never break the 9 win ceiling as you state. They’ve only had an 11 and 12 win season in the last 10 years including an undefeated big10 season 4 years ago and a goal line tackle away from the CFP.

That was the original point, I was replying to the point made by your boy “huskerssalts”. You can see it right above by scrolling up on your screen. So if Iowa wins their bowl game, that’s 10 wins, does that count as more than 9 or do you not count bowl games since you’re not very familiar with them?

And what formal education and training, similar to what a doctor has, does someone telling you who is and isn't a blueblood in college football have? I'd bet good money that the doctor making your diagnosis has far more education, formal training, and experience in the medical field than the person telling you that Nebraska is a blueblood in 2019 has in their field.

In other words, your doctor analogy is bunk.

A former coach or player on TV giving me their take on Xs and Os? I'd take that as expert information. A former coach or player telling me who is and isn't a blueblood in 2019 is a matter of their opinion.

Since 2000:
Nebraska- 6 losing seasons. No conference championships. No national championships.

Oklahoma- 0 losing seasons. 12 conference championships (11 outright). 3 BCS playoff appearances.

Alabama- 3 losing seasons since 2000 (last in 2006). 6 conference championships. 5 national championships. 5 BCS playoff appearances.
Done responding to you, not because you “won”... popular opinion in so many different areas still has Nebraska as a blue blood. Fan polls, expert analysts, sports broadcasters... so your opinion is bunk, to use your term.

I’m done responding to you because this thread is about whether or not Kaden Johnson comes to Nebraska or not.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: headcard
The fact we have multiple fans of other schools on this Nebraska recruiting thread posting about whether or not we are bluebloods and arguing the finer points of 9 win seasons tells you everything you need to know about whether or not we are a blueblood program :p

You’re right, Iowa will never break the 9 win ceiling as you state. They’ve only had an 11 and 12 win season in the last 10 years including an undefeated big10 season 4 years ago and a goal line tackle away from the CFP.

I'm still wondering when the "0-2" rings will be passed out for the end of that season. Using "Iowa Math", that season seems to have magically ended after 12 games.

That was the original point, I was replying to the point made by your boy “huskerssalts”. You can see it right above by scrolling up on your screen. So if Iowa wins their bowl game, that’s 10 wins, does that count as more than 9 or do you not count bowl games since you’re not very familiar with them?

I'm not sure. Are we using Iowa rule on what counts and what doesn't count? What's the cutoff date and year? Do we round up or down in this scenario? Obviously you all establish the ever changing rule as to what is relevant and not relevant, so lay out the guidelines so we can answer your question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT