ADVERTISEMENT

Some smoke surrounding Kaden Johnson to Nebraska

9276477.jpg

I mean there are publications and articles on the blue bloods which have been linked on this forum many times. The following schools are considered bluebloods: Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame and Nebraska. It's too bad you don't view Nebraska as a blue blood anymore, but the consensus is that they are. Everyone of these schools has went through droughts and tough times and has bounced back and I think we will too.

and that’s just it. Bama has been down and then back up, USC was down and then came up during early 2000s and then fell and is still down now, Texas had been up and down and currently down and Michigan has been down for awhile now and they aren’t that fare off from our Huskers.

But yes, EVERYONE knows our Huskers are down and have been down for a bit now (I honestly see Frost Turing that around soon). But there are 8 college football Blue Bloods. Always has been and always will be. But until some jumps us at the number 8 spot, we will hold that position at number 8 and remain being Blue Bloods. PSUcks and Tennessee are the closest ones to jumping us and they’re a long ways off from jumping us. Some might not want to admit it or claim us Huskers being Blue Bloods and that’s on them. It doesn’t matter what any Iowa fans think or any gloom and doom Husker fans think...none of their opinions matter, we (Huskers) ARE Blue Bloods and will be till someone jumps us and knocks us out of the 8th spot. GBR

Last edited:
And what formal education and training, similar to what a doctor has, does someone telling you who is and isn't a blueblood in college football have? I'd bet good money that the doctor making your diagnosis has far more education, formal training, and experience in the medical field than the person telling you that Nebraska is a blueblood in 2019 has in their field.

In other words, your doctor analogy is bunk.

A former coach or player on TV giving me their take on Xs and Os? I'd take that as expert information. A former coach or player telling me who is and isn't a blueblood in 2019 is a matter of their opinion.

Since 2000:
Nebraska- 6 losing seasons. No conference championships. No national championships.

Oklahoma- 0 losing seasons. 12 conference championships (11 outright). 3 BCS playoff appearances.

Alabama- 3 losing seasons since 2000 (last in 2006). 6 conference championships. 5 national championships. 5 BCS playoff appearances.

ok, was anyone on this board claimed the Huskers where better then OU or Bama? I’d hope not, that would just be stupid. There’s a reason Bama, OU and OSU own the top 3 spots in the Blue Blood rankings. Remember, there are 8 Blue Bloods and Bama, OU and OSU own those top spots. After that it’s Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Michigan, and Nebraska. Nebraska holding the tail end up. GBR

Last edited:
Reactions: zrob
Oh and it’s still great news Kaden Johnson appears to be picking our Huskers...you know, the whole reason for this thread to start with....lol
It’s sad we can’t post something about a big time recruit without it turning into a stupid pissing match. And a pissing match between Iowa? How does any of that have to do with Kaden Johnson’s recruitment? I mean really?

Last edited:
ok, was anyone on this board claimed the Huskers where better then OU or Bama? I’d hope not, that would just be stupid. There’s a reason Bama, OU and OSU own the top 3 spots in the Blue Blood rankings. Remember, there are 8 Blue Bloods and Bama, OU and OSU own those top spots. After that it’s Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Michigan, and Nebraska. Nebraska holding the tail end up. GBR
I'm well aware that no one claimed Nebraska better....I was just showing that Nebraska isn't in the same category, and hasn't been for quite some time.

For someone that hates mental gymnastics, you sure like to engage in them (yes, when you misrepresent what someone says, that is what you're doing).

Wow, Minnehaha Academy where Johnson goes to high school must have a pretty good team since 4 of the state's top 5 prospects go there, and 3 of those kids have 4 stars... (I'm guessing this is old news and a lot of people here already know that but I that is still pretty impressive to me!!).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT