ADVERTISEMENT

Some smoke surrounding Kaden Johnson to Nebraska

Probably true. I'm not interested in a coaching search, and I'm curious what you believe it will result in?

Should we fire Coach Frost?

no - I’ve never once argued to fire him. I’ve consistently said let him stay the original length of his contract - 7 years.

I think he will likely be here a long while if he can simply approach Iowa level of winning because the fan base will see 7-8 wins as easily could have been 10 or 1 elite or near elite season every blue moon will be enough to tolerate what was always considered mediocrity.

we see it this year with talk of progress because in year 2 we simply managed to beat a sunbelt team yet finished a notch lower in the conference compared to year 1.

Frost will be the coach that leads Husker nation to the realization that we are Iowa

no - I’ve never once argued to fire him. I’ve consistently said let him stay the original length of his contract - 7 years.

I think he will likely be here a long while if he can simply approach Iowa level of winning because the fan base will see 7-8 wins as easily could have been 10 or 1 elite or near elite season every blue moon will be enough to tolerate mediocrity.

we see it this year with talk of progress because in year 2 we simply managed to beat a sunbelt team yet finished a notch lower in the conference compared to year 1.

What are you arguing?

You need to put down the red glasses.

Nebraska has really never been a destination job. Osborne was here for 25 years, Solich followed, of course he was an alum, so destination job. The job was so attractive that coach after coach turned it down when they settled on Callahan. Who didn't take the job to be here forever. Then you have Pelini, who put his name out there for almost every job in the south after about 3 years. Then you got Riley. He fits the 60 year old criteria, and wanted that one last ride. Now you have Frost an alum that is at his dream job.

Who are you responding to?

What are you arguing?

im arguing that I don’t see why you add 2 years to a coach that to date has been worse than the guy he replaced and has had one of the worst 2 year stints in program history. Particularly when, IMO, there has been no progress from year 1 to 2 when the biggest jump should occur.

as I stated above - Frost will be the coach that leads Nebraska football fans to the realization that we are in present day a version of Iowa

I think he will likely be here a long while if he can simply approach Iowa level of winning because the fan base will see 7-8 wins as easily could have been 10 or 1 elite or near elite season every blue moon will be enough to tolerate what was always considered mediocrity.

Frost will be the coach that leads Husker nation to the realization that we are Iowa

Iowa level of winning...
What should the administration of Nebraska do? What is Iowa's record? Nine and three, they barely lost to top 15 teams. They are close. I don't think they'll get there, you thirsty bastards.That is a summation of Osborne to a point, 9 wins. You have to be good before you are great. Dummies.

Last edited:
What should the administration of Nebraska do? What is Iowa's record? That is a summation of Osborne to a point. You have to be good before you are great. Dummies.

osborne won at a >80% clip - that’s quite a bit better than “good”

Iowa - or almost Iowa results will be good enough because it’s Frost

Reactions: Bruce1981
osborne won at a >80% clip - that’s quite a bit better than “good”

Iowa - or almost Iowa results will be good enough because it’s Frost

You're an ignorant fella. How is the hiring of Frost and Osborne the same?

You can continue to defend the stupidity of extending contracts to losing coaches, but that doesn't make it smart. I'm glad it's not my money being thrown away on stupid contracts. You want to know why Warren Buffet isn't very charitable towards the university and it's football program? It's because he knows it's a bad investment. And Buffett isn't exactly known for making bad investments. I love the university and the football program. But with the way the administration has been making stupid decision after stupid decision, there's no way I'd donate to the athletic department even with Buffett's level of resources.

Iowa level of winning...
What should the administration of Nebraska do? What is Iowa's record? Nine and three, they barely lost to top 15 teams. They are close. I don't think they'll get there, you thirsty bastards.That is a summation of Osborne to a point, 9 wins. You have to be good before you are great. Dummies.

you compared Iowa winning to Osborne’s years. Go back and add up Osborne’s top 10 seasons to Iowa’s under Ferentz

you are proving my point - ranked 17th or whatever is now a “summation of Osborne”

You dumb toppers, if we reach 8 or nine game winning seasons we are close. I disregard Iowa because of their fans. I don't think they'll get to anything we want because of their offense, but they're close.

So when one of you dog blossoms mentions Iowa and winning. I think they're close.

You dumb toppers, if we reach 8 or nine game winning seasons we are close. I disregard Iowa because of their fans. I don't think they'll get to anything we want because of their offense, but they're close.

So when one of you dog blossoms mentions Iowa and winning. I think they're close.

again proving my point 8-9 wins will be forever good enough because we will be close

8-9 wins many years doesn’t even get u ranked

congrats - You have your Kirk Ferentz lite red scowl

My God guys, this is good...no, GREAT news. And some how some of you guys find away to turn this into bull sh!t, pissing match and who’s got the bigger cock. Sorry but this is pathetic.

Moos gave Frost the extension to show recruits and everyone else he’s fully behind Frost regardless of the record this season. It helps our staff with recruiting and when they are fighting the “Oh I hear you’re going to be fired soon” comments.

And regardless of the Huskers being a prime coaching spot or not...it makes no dam difference. Scott Frost isn’t going anywhere. He will end up retiring from here and by that time...he will have us winning again. So none of this crap being argued about makes a dam difference. It’s all opinions.

Last edited:
you compared Iowa winning to Osborne’s years. Go back and add up Osborne’s top 10 seasons to Iowa’s under Ferentz

you are proving my point - ranked 17th or whatever is now a “summation of Osborne”

You are silly. Iowa is a much better program than Nebraska. It's the truth. They develop their players, they have a good culture, and they don't make mistakes.

You can continue to defend the stupidity of extending contracts to losing coaches, but that doesn't make it smart. I'm glad it's not my money being thrown away on stupid contracts. You want to know why Warren Buffet isn't very charitable towards the university and it's football program? It's because he knows it's a bad investment. And Buffett isn't exactly known for making bad investments. I love the university and the football program. But with the way the administration has been making stupid decision after stupid decision, there's no way I'd donate to the athletic department even with Buffett's level of resources.

What does this have to do with anything ?

You are silly. Iowa is a much better program than Nebraska. It's the truth. They develop their players, they have a good culture, and they don't make mistakes.

Is Frost a better coach than Ferentz?

I know Iowa is a better program right now than Iowa. All Husker fans and Hawkeye fans - hell the entire college football world was put on notice after Frost was hired that Nebraska would be back to prominence.

Iowa was hardly the bar that was set after Frost was hired. That level of winning has been ridiculed for decades here.

No doubt in my mind that with this news the people who actually have money will follow your lead of course.

This actually might be one of the dumber posts I’ve seen as the people with money (minus Buffet, of course) have already paid the money you wish you had. You think you’re smarter than the big time boosters, huh? What makes that so?

Reactions: egaRdeR
Is Frost a better coach than Ferentz?

I know Iowa is a better program right now than Iowa. All Husker fans and Hawkeye fans - hell the entire college football world was put on notice after Frost was hired that Nebraska would be back to prominence.

Iowa was hardly the bar that was set after Frost was hired. That level of winning has been ridiculed for decades here.

I would say currently no, but he has a much higher ceiling. I'm not sure which one is better. Do you discount continuity of scheme and coaches?

I hope the Captain retires and Jr. is hired. Then the filter of stupidity would be fully revealed. The angst of Iowa. Lol.

Shut up, dumb ****
You're part of the problem.

what problem, Supporting my team, our staff and school? If that’s a problem (as you’re indicating) then I don’t want to be right. And sorry, I could give a flying F_ck if Iowa has done better as of recently with their record. What see with Iowa right now, that’s as good as they are going to get (7-6 to 9-3)They will not do any better then what they are doing or done right now.

The Huskers on the other hand have a much much higher ceiling. We can and will accomplish more then Iowa will. Yes, our Huskers have struggled as of recent but even with that, the Huskers are still blue bloods and Iowa isn’t even top 25 in those ranks. So yes, I’ll always defend that statement, Iowa will never be at the Huskers level. They’d have to throw together 4-5 national titles, multiple Heisman winners, get to be number 1 and stay there a number of years and a number more things.

sorry but there is much more to it then current records when you’re talking about who’s got the better program. There’s a reason why the Huskers tend to land 4 star players that rank in the top 100- top 250 while Iowa gets lucky to land one or two. Recruits even know which team has the high prestige. HUSKERS hands down.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
what problem, Supporting my team, our staff and school? If that’s a problem (as you’re indicating) then I don’t want to be right. And sorry, I could give a flying F_ck if Iowa has done better as of recently with their record. What see with Iowa right now, that’s as good as they are going to get (7-6 to 9-3)They will not do any better the what they are doing or done right now.

The Huskers on the other hand have a much much higher ceiling. We can and will accomplish more then Iowa will. Yes, our Huskers have struggled as if recent but even with that, the Huskers are still blue bloods and Iowa isn’t I’m even top 25 in those ranks. So yes, I’ll always defend that statement, Iowa will never be at the Huskers level. They’d have to throw together 4-5 national titles, multiple Heisman winners, get to be number 1 and stay there a number of years and a number more things.

You're a clown. @Uberism is a clown. You both spout ideals and thoughts that have no attachment to reality. Past history has nothing to do with the current reality
I will make fun of Iowa because their posters are dumb, but they are correct in some regards.

I'll leave you to it. Don't comment. I'll be back in the fall.

You're a clown. @Uberism is a clown. You both spout ideals and thoughts that have no attachment to reality. Past history has nothing to do with the current reality
I will make fun of Iowa because their posters are dumb, but they are correct in some regards.

I'll leave you to it. Don't comment. I'll be back in the fall.

yep I’m a clown. Again, if it makes me a clown for supporting my team, and realizing there’s more to it then just recent records...then I’m Bozo the clown. I still refuse to attack you personally over us having different opinions. Pretty sad if you ask me.

hey, since you’re all over Iowa’s nuts, they do own their very own board. You could go there! Just saying...;)

Edited: I’ll own up. You’re right, Iowa has the done better then us recently and been more consistent (the past several years). But they are FAR from being the better overall program. They have a ways to go to jump us overall.

Reactions: leodisflowers
http://www.winsipedia.com/nebraska/vs/iowa

This link above will show which football team has the best football program. Again, sorry...Iowa has aways to go. They done better recently but that’s it.

and sorry, but supporting my Huskers and never backing down and never giving up on my team and coaching staff isn’t the problem. The problem is the fans giving up on our staff, players and not supporting them. THATS THE PROBLEM....GBR For life...

Still funny how a thread about Kaden Johnson getting Husker Crystal balls turned into retarded pissing match between Iowa and Nebraska. Sad....

you play the dyslexia disability card 2 days ago and then circle back with this??

http://www.winsipedia.com/nebraska/vs/iowa

This link above will show which football team has the best football program. Again, sorry...Iowa has aways to go. They done better recently but that’s it.

and sorry, but supporting my Huskers and never backing down and never giving up on my team and coaching staff isn’t the problem. The problem is the fans giving up on our staff, players and not supporting them. THATS THE PROBLEM....GBR For life...

Are you a woman? You seem unstable . I'll leave you alone to spout your nonsense. Quit quoting me. Be as dumb as you wish to be.

And he got fired the next year. So it looks like everyone had the right to be pissed.

And I guarantee you if we don't go bowling in the next couple years there will be a really good chance Frost gets fired as well.

Ok I will rephrase, we are not a destination job for everyone. Everyone has a "dream job", or a job they would leave their current job for.

We are currently a destination job because we have a coach that wants this to be his last job. Unless a coach is 60 or has ties to Nebraska, there is no guarantee that they wouldn't leave for their "dream job"
So is Stanford Scott’s dream job? RollingLaugh

yep I’m a clown. Again, if it makes me a clown for supporting my team, and realizing there’s more to it then just recent records...then I’m Bozo the clown. I still refuse to attack you personally over us having different opinions. Pretty sad if you ask me.

hey, since you’re all over Iowa’s nuts, they do own their very own board. You could go there! Just saying...;)

Edited: I’ll own up. You’re right, Iowa has the done better then us recently and been more consistent (the past several years). But they are FAR from being the better overall program. They have a ways to go to jump us overall.
Uberism is a clown.....but that's neither here nor there....

Just some observations....

Yes, Nebraska has better bonafides that Iowa. But there was a point when Army and Navy had better bonafides than Nebraska. Are they still bluebloods? If not, why not?

Minnesota has more NCs than Nebraska, and leads the series still by 8 games, despite Nebraska rattling off 19 wins in a row (or whatever it is) at one point. So, is Minnesota a blueblood?

Nebraska hasn't done anything worthy of being a blueblood in 20 years. Hell....that CU program we all think is dogs#!+ has won and played for conference titles more recently than Nebraska (2001, 2016).

To me, we need to define "blueblood" in order to argue the point.

Last time I checked, history and tradition don't wear jerseys. I checked Nebraska's roster. They are not listed.

Reactions: MVPFAN
What stability? We are on our 5th coach in 15 years and have 3 losing seasons in a row and 4 out of 5. No one looks at Nebraska and thinks stability right now.

The high school kids understand more than you give them credit for. They understand that a long contract doesn't indicate stability, because it can be terminated at anytime by either party.

Maybe you need to get out a little, because high school coaches leave all the time. Most good coaches are competitive, if they win at 3A they want to move to 4A. If they win at D they want to move up to C and win there.
You are just talking, where are you following high school football?
And then we have a guy come forward who is privy to warren buffet's financial records! These forums never disappoint!

Uberism is a clown.....but that's neither here nor there....

Just some observations....

Yes, Nebraska has better bonafides that Iowa. But there was a point when Army and Navy had better bonafides than Nebraska. Are they still bluebloods? If not, why not?

Minnesota has more NCs than Nebraska, and leads the series still by 8 games, despite Nebraska rattling off 19 wins in a row (or whatever it is) at one point. So, is Minnesota a blueblood?

Nebraska hasn't done anything worthy of being a blueblood in 20 years. Hell....that CU program we all think is dogs#!+ has won and played for conference titles more recently than Nebraska (2001, 2016).

To me, we need to define "blueblood" in order to argue the point.

Last time I checked, history and tradition don't wear jerseys. I checked Nebraska's roster. They are not listed.
cool-story-bro-6.jpg

Reactions: gw2kpro
I came here for the recruiting hot take... I’m now leaving here frustrated because the thread got high jacked into basically a b•••h fest on if an extension is worth it... great debate topic guy, wrong thread to do it in, please start a different thread so when people come to, oh I don’t know get recruiting updates we don’t end up reading an argument over something as mundane as an extension

Last edited:
The football program is a bad investment? Doesn’t the football program turn a big profit every year.

Or you can act like you have a brain, and make a point/counterpoint, instead of relying on memes.

No problem.

Non-blue blood programs don't normally attract fans of other teams to their board writing 7 paragraph essays trying to convince soneone they are not blue bloods.

Don't normally see that on the KSU, ISU, Cincinnati, Washington State, Iowa, Cal, Missouri, Wake Forest boards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT