ADVERTISEMENT

Some smoke surrounding Kaden Johnson to Nebraska

Out of respect I won’t post the tweet, but it said

“When Wiltfong calls and tells you he’s about to drop a big CB in favor of the Huskers.”

All of a sudden lots of CBs up for Kaden Johnson. Don’t subscribe so can’t see which school, but assuming it’s Nebraska.

Reactions: WHCSC and Top_Gun_
https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitu...haha-Academy-210155/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Hopefully this doesn’t get pulled but he has indeed got a few crystal balls to Nebraska as of recent. I been going out on limp all season long predicting Kaden Johnson to the Huskers. And got my ass handed to me for guessing that. Wisconsin already has 5 committed now and Johnson has to see immediate playing with us over Wisconsin. Not so sure about Minnesota. Cross our fingers boys...Kaden Johnson would be HUGE. GBR

Reactions: 9and4
I been going out on limp all season long
I know it has been a long season, so my suggestion: :D
giphy.gif

Just saw one crystal ball for NU from a national analyst! The guy put his in 2 min after witfong! This is the finish we need! It might rain four stars to finish this class! Whos next fleming? Manning? Robinson? Green Warren? All of the above??? GBR

Just saw one crystal ball for NU from a national analyst! The guy put his in 2 min after witfong! This is the finish we need! It might rain four stars to finish this class! Whos next fleming? Manning? Robinson? Green Warren? All of the above??? GBR
I know some want to minimize the importance of that extension but I think it was a big deal. Couple that and our performance against Iowa and kids can believe that we're close.

I know some want to minimize the importance of that extension but I think it was a big deal. Couple that and our performance against Iowa and kids can believe that we're close.
I was so confused by people who were negative about the extension. It it a huge recruiting tool!!! Look at the coaching movement already..we are after several signees from these coachless teams! We can offer safe choice with playing time! Coaches like fleck are outplaying there current schools and will leave. Coaches like Mizzou have outworn their welcome.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I was so confused by people who were negative about the extension. It it a huge recruiting tool!!! Look at the coaching movement already..we are after several signees from these coachless teams! We can offer safe choice with playing time! Coaches like fleck are outplaying there current schools and will leave. Coaches like Mizzou have outworn their welcome.

The extension kept him at 7 years. All of the players he is recruiting now for the 2020 class would have gotten through if he only had 5 years left on his deal.

I really don't think anyone is saying well I'm going to Nebraska because they just gave their coach a two year extension to 7 years, while the rest of the schools recruiting me, like Wisconsin, has a coach with only a 5 year deal.

The length of the deal is almost irrelevant anymore because the coach can choose to leave or the school can choose to fire, regardless of the length of the deal.

Out of respect I won’t post the tweet, but it said

“When Wiltfong calls and tells you he’s about to drop a big CB in favor of the Huskers.”

All of a sudden lots of CBs up for Kaden Johnson. Don’t subscribe so can’t see which school, but assuming it’s Nebraska.

Life Hack: If you click on the recruit and go to their page, it still tells you what the overall percentages are for the CB's. So, despite not being able to read the individual ones, you can see that he is now 60% in favor of N. This is HUGE.

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
The extension kept him at 7 years. All of the players he is recruiting now for the 2020 class would have gotten through if he only had 5 years left on his deal.

I really don't think anyone is saying well I'm going to Nebraska because they just gave their coach a two year extension to 7 years, while the rest of the schools recruiting me, like Wisconsin, has a coach with only a 5 year deal.

The length of the deal is almost irrelevant anymore because the coach can choose to leave or the school can choose to fire, regardless of the length of the deal.
^^^^This^^^^^
The extension was all about Moos sending a message to the fan base, by doubling down on his guy, and letting everyone know that despite the rocky start, Frost is here for the long haul.

In the face of some tough seasons he was extended. It was a statement move for a nebraska guy... blood in blood out. Please believe we are a destination because of coaching stability. I have heard it first hand, I am not talking about what I think. This is Frosts dream job..if he takes off in the next few yrs the only way to go is to the NFL. This would take a few years. Coaches like Fleck are on stepping stone jobs. Other guys have no loyalty from school and are only a season away from getting fired..IE Mizzou. Frost will be at NU for next 5 years regardless

^^^^This^^^^^
The extension was all about Moos sending a message to the fan base, by doubling down on his guy, and letting everyone know that despite the rocky start, Frost is here for the long haul.
Exactly, not sure how that is so hard for some to understand.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I don’t know shit but I could see the extension being done in part to handle negative recruiting. It’s gotta be dirty AF out there on how these kids are sold
No doubt

What kind of season did Blaise Gunnerson have? So if we get Kaden, is he weak side backer and Gunnerson strong side? Kaden could have the size to play either. That would be a hell of a OLB unit. With Heinrich and Hanna? Alot of high ceilings there.

What kind of season did Blaise Gunnerson have? So if we get Kaden, is he weak side backer and Gunnerson strong side? Kaden could have the size to play either. That would be a hell of a OLB unit. With Heinrich and Hanna? Alot of high ceilings there.
You can start to see what the depth chart they are building..those 4 fresh..hodge and aho will be soph who could redshirt. Nelson soph as well. Tannor jr...domann, honas, miller seniors. Prob grab one more juco lb.

You can start to see what the depth chart they are building..those 4 fresh..hodge and aho will be soph who could redshirt. Nelson soph as well. Tannor jr...domann, honas, miller seniors. Prob grab one more juco lb.

We are recruiting over guys, now. Plenty of talent, even if they don't get Johnson. Next year is the coaching year. No excuses.

^^^^This^^^^^
correction: message to fan base AND recruit Tuco dismisses it and I usually respect his opinion but I think he's got this wrong. JMHO.

Reactions: TOMHP

The price tag for him to be removed or leave of his own accord ratcheted back up to the original contract. That makes it less likely in the near term for him to leave. That FACT is a positive message to recruits and the fan base. For one, it's telling some vocal unhappy social media types to get over it. He isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: zrob
Are there other examples of a coach coming off initial back-to- back losing seasons, with a worse record than his predecessor, being extended out to 7 years?

there may be - none come to mind

correction: message to fan base AND recruit Tuco dismisses it and I usually respect his opinion but I think he's got this wrong. JMHO.

I think the extension was for shutting up the national media and the coaching staffs we're recruiting against. When they can point to articles from national sports writers, and say look here recruit. Frost and his staff is already on the hot seat. He won't be there 2021.

It's ironic, because alot of those same writers had Nebraska winning the West and Martinez was a phenom. They are and were, wrong.

Good job by Moos. It shutdown alot of the noise, and it was affecting recruiting .

The price tag for him to be removed or leave of his own accord ratcheted back up to the original contract. That makes it less likely in the near term for him to leave. That FACT is a positive message to recruits and the fan base. For one, it's telling some vocal unhappy social media types to get over it. He isn't going anywhere.

If he doesn't go bowling in the next couple years the buyout will be matched.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT