ADVERTISEMENT

Some recent observations during winter workouts

So athletic director Bill Moos basically says it was him and Frost's idea on trying to duck out of the OU game to try to raise revenue.

There were some that thought maybe this was being looked at by others outside the athletic department, but it's pretty clear it's Scott Frost's show down there. I just love the last line by Bill.. what a bunch of clowns..

"
“We were just exploring different ways of addressing our financial problem, and that was one of them, and not even that we were dead set on doing it,” Moos said. “What would an eighth home game look like financially? Not that we’re going to do it, but let’s get it on paper and see what it would do, and if it would be a big enough impact on our situation.

“It got out before it had any wheels or before it was going to have any wheels.”

Coach Scott Frost, Moos said, “has been in the conversations” about all of the options on the table.

“It’s been primarily him and me, and then updating upper administration,” Moos said. “The good thing is, that’s behind us now, and we know we’re playing Oklahoma.”"

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/fo...476ab568-8775-11eb-81ed-0b7c5deb196c.amp.html
They are clueless

I went ahead and looked.

Average record of the teams we lost to:

2018: 9-4
2019: 9-4
2020: 5-3

Obviously the 2020 opponents would have had better records with OOC games.

LOL

nebraska hasn't beaten a power 5 team that finished the season with a winning record in 2 years

In the last 3 years - nebraska has a total of 1 win against a BIG ten opponent that had a winning conference record - that juggernaut 7-6 MSU team in 2018 that finished 4th in the division

LOL

nebraska hasn't beaten a power 5 team that finished the season with a winning record in 2 years

In the last 3 years - nebraska has a total of 1 win against a BIG ten opponent that had a winning conference record - that juggernaut 7-6 MSU team in 2018

I know how facts make you LOL. Carry on with your pathetic trolling, seems healthy.

LOL. We did lose to some teams with good records. What jumps out are the losses like 2019 Purdue and Illinois last year, where we had no business losing. Things might seem better without the handful of loses to teams like that.

That was one thing about Tom O in his 24 year career. He only lost to 1 team with a losing record -ISU. And I think he lost once to a .500 team - Syracuse. Pretty amazing.

I know how facts make you LOL. Carry on with your pathetic trolling, seems healthy.

neb is 1-14 under Frost in big ten games against teams finishing the season without a losing conference record

can you imagine the contract extension he would have received if he had gone 2-13

3-12 may have warranted a statue outside the new facility

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
neb is 1-14 under Frost in big ten games against teams finishing the season without a losing conference record

can you imagine the contract extension he would have received if he had gone 2-13

Normally you try too hard, but this one is kinda funny.

Reactions: NikkiSixx

giphy.gif.cf.gif

LOL. We did lose to some teams with good records. What jumps out are the losses like 2019 Purdue and Illinois last year, where we had no business losing. Things might seem better without the handful of loses to teams like that.
troy going 10-3 in 2018 gives that year an artificial boost. they're still troy.

I agree things would be better without the consistent bad losses.

what a disgrace when a fan of a supposed blue blood program goes to the trouble of tabulating the wins and losses of its opponents to make the argument that as long as their team doesn't have to play any good teams and could only play against other losing programs they might approach mediocrity

they should be ashamed of themselves for spewing that nonsensical loser propaganda

what a disgrace when a fan of a supposed blue blood program goes to the trouble of tabulating the wins and losses of its opponents to make the argument that as long as their team doesn't have to play any good teams and could only play against other losing programs they might approach mediocrity

they should be ashamed of themselves for spewing that nonsensical loser propaganda

Im not making any argument at all. Must be hearing the voices in your head, again.

Reactions: timnsun
I dont know. Sounds like a genius move to axe OU and schedule a patsy. I've been told getting those W's against garbage teams really builds confidence ans will catapult a team to a great season.

Glad to see this basic concept, understood by everyone at every level of competition, still eludes you.

Before you become a winning program, you have to consistently beat the teams you are suppose to win against ie) teams with losing records.

Before you become a winning program, you have to consistently beat the teams you are suppose to win against ie) teams with losing records.

It’s an abomination that Neb is going into year 4 and people are still saying dagnabbit if we could just beat the really shitty teams 6 wins might just be possible

Last edited:

Do you know what's even more of a disgrace and shameful? A fan of another team constantly posting messages on another team's message board criticizing the team and coaching staff. It's disgraceful, shameful and very odd.

Glad to see this basic concept, understood by everyone at every level of competition, still eludes you.
So you approve of the move to try to get rid of OU for a game against Old D. Well done. That makes 3 of you in the State.

troy going 10-3 in 2018 gives that year an artificial boost. they're still troy.

I agree things would be better without the consistent bad losses.

True, but that was also the game after Colorado when one of their LBers intentionally twisted AM ankle and we were left without a scholarship QB because Vedral wasn’t eligible to play yet that year..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Only thing I've heard that is worthwhile is Omar Manning is back on track and should be playing this fall.

Other than that, Spring Ball stories are more overrated than Seinfeld reruns.
I understand the skepticism after the past two decades, but compared to off topics and most of the other threads on the board I'll take these insights everyday. I remember hearing good things about Jared Tomich from the Husker magazine during spring ball and it was fairly typical to have some under the radar guys emerge during the spring.

Reactions: Seascout3
ADVERTISEMENT