ADVERTISEMENT

Some of the new players get their numbers....link inside

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska
“They're starting to feel more at home, and now some of the Husker newcomers have jersey numbers to call their own.

Some of Nebraska's players have been sharing updated pictures of their new wardrobe items on social media today. Unfortunately no one has yet claimed No. 0, which is now available for use. Hopefully a D-lineman takes it. Imagine.

Newcomers aren't the only ones with new numbers this year. Senior defensive back Dicaprio Bootle switched from No. 23 to No. 7 in the spring, and Marquel Dismuke has gone from No. 19 to No. 9 (picture of him included in here with the newbies). Quinton Newsome has changed to No. 6

Marvin Scott III and Sevion Morrison both went with traditional numbers for running backs, with Morrison taking the No. 28 of his favorite player growing up, Adrian Peterson. Scott, as you'll see, shares a number with an imposing true freshman outside linebacker, which is allowed since they're on different sides of the ball.

Alante Brown, pictured above, went with a single-digit number, as did incoming wide receiver Marcus Fleming, who will both look to immediately bolster Nebraska's skilled position depth.

There are other newcomer Huskers whose numbers still haven't been made known. We'll add to the list as we go, waiting for someone to take on the big 0.”

MARVIN SCOTT III, NO. 24
SEVION MORRISON, NO. 28
BLAISE GUNNERSON, NO. 24
PHELDARIUS PAYNE, NO. 49
NASH HUTMACHER, NO. 72

BARRON MILES JR., NO. 19
TAMON LYNUM, NO. 14
NIKO COOPER, NO. 32
MARQUIS BLACK, NO. 96
MARCUS FLEMING, NO. 6

MARQUEL DISMUKE, NO. 9
LOGAN SMOTHERS, NO. 8
ALANTE BROWN, NO. 4
ISAAC GIFFORD, NO. 23
CHASE CONTRERAZ, NO. 36
RONALD DELANCY III, NO. 15

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...l-2020-season-preview--149525793/#149525793_1

I can't believe such importance is given to what number you wear. Yeah, changing your number... that's gonna improve your play. :rolleyes:

“They're starting to feel more at home, and now some of the Husker newcomers have jersey numbers to call their own.

Some of Nebraska's players have been sharing updated pictures of their new wardrobe items on social media today. Unfortunately no one has yet claimed No. 0, which is now available for use. Hopefully a D-lineman takes it. Imagine.

Newcomers aren't the only ones with new numbers this year. Senior defensive back Dicaprio Bootle switched from No. 23 to No. 7 in the spring, and Marquel Dismuke has gone from No. 19 to No. 9 (picture of him included in here with the newbies). Quinton Newsome has changed to No. 6

Marvin Scott III and Sevion Morrison both went with traditional numbers for running backs, with Morrison taking the No. 28 of his favorite player growing up, Adrian Peterson. Scott, as you'll see, shares a number with an imposing true freshman outside linebacker, which is allowed since they're on different sides of the ball.

Alante Brown, pictured above, went with a single-digit number, as did incoming wide receiver Marcus Fleming, who will both look to immediately bolster Nebraska's skilled position depth.

There are other newcomer Huskers whose numbers still haven't been made known. We'll add to the list as we go, waiting for someone to take on the big 0.”

MARVIN SCOTT III, NO. 24
SEVION MORRISON, NO. 28
BLAISE GUNNERSON, NO. 24
PHELDARIUS PAYNE, NO. 49
NASH HUTMACHER, NO. 72

BARRON MILES JR., NO. 19
TAMON LYNUM, NO. 14
NIKO COOPER, NO. 32
MARQUIS BLACK, NO. 96
MARCUS FLEMING, NO. 6

MARQUEL DISMUKE, NO. 9
LOGAN SMOTHERS, NO. 8
ALANTE BROWN, NO. 4
ISAAC GIFFORD, NO. 23
CHASE CONTRERAZ, NO. 36
RONALD DELANCY III, NO. 15

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...l-2020-season-preview--149525793/#149525793_1

Didn't mean to crap on your thread. Thanks for the list. :cool:

Reactions: huskerssalts
Smothers is seen with black pants..I was hoping they would have red and white strips on them..

I can't believe such importance is given to what number you wear. Yeah, changing your number... that's gonna improve your play. :rolleyes:

R2qC50E.gif

Obviously not the biggest of deals to many fans BUT pretty important to a number of players because it means their dreams about playing big time football are getting closer. I can see if you've been putting in a lot of time/effort both working out and studying the playbook how finally getting a uniform number is exciting milestone for them.

As someone whose stats program uses "0" to represent "team" statistics (kneeldown, spike, unattributed/sideline penalty), this rule change is frustrating. Time to change that property to "100".
I think Lynum already had it on lock. Maybe he can talk Lynum out of it. Probably depends on how much Lynum is in love with the number 14 lol.
Or they can both have it and just not be on the field at the same time. Winking

But as someone who takes stats, duplicate numbers can rot in hell. Duplicate and unreadable numbers are the bane of the sports statistics world. Remember those duct tape/metallic numbers from the alternate uniforms during the Randy Gregory years? Sick

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
No offense but using 0 as a number is stupid. Hey everyone, look at me, I'm # 0!

tell us how you really feel. Lol. ;)

And you are fine my man, I won’t take offense. I’m not a player nor am I taking the number zero. But everyone is due to their own opinions. There are bunch of us Husker fans hoping he takes 0, I seen a ton of them on Twitter yesterday and the day before posting about it...myself, I think it would be awesome but I honestly, I don’t care either way. Just kick some BIG 10 DBs a$$e$. That’s the only thing I care about. GBR

Last edited:
tell us how you really feel. Lol. ;)

And you are fine my man, I won’t take offense. I’m not a player nor am I taking the number zero. But everyone is due to their own opinions. There are bunch of us Husker fans hoping he takes 0, I seen a ton of them on Twitter yesterday and the day before posting about it...myself, I think it would be awesome but I honestly, I don’t care either way. Just kick some BIG 10 DBs a$$e$. That’s the only thing I care about. GBR

If you're gonna don the #0, you had better produce and back it up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT