ADVERTISEMENT

Some of our so called coaches-

Do any of you complainers think nick sabin or Dabo would do any better with these players? Maybe 1 more win. Some of these starters wouldn’t start for North Dakota state or South Dakota

Reactions: ssmill777
This 3-4 is garbage. We need two DTs. Minnesota is running the gut every single play. This team is a bottom dweller
Against this style of offense, we most certainly needed to do something different. We can't run 215 lb linebackers out there who fill the wrong hole and expect to stop their run game.

Against this style of offense, we most certainly needed to do something different. We can't run 215 lb linebackers out there who fill the wrong hole and expect to stop their run game.

these LBs can’t even make a play when they square the RB up in the back field . So it doesn’t matter if they hit the right gap

Do any of you complainers think nick sabin or Dabo would do any better with these players? Maybe 1 more win. Some of these starters wouldn’t start for North Dakota state or South Dakota
Sure they would start for the Dakotas. The problem is that we have GAPING HOLES in our roster at linebacker in particular and Minnesota is exploiting it just like OSU did. We were afraid of it coming in to the year and it has come to fruition.

Yes, I do.

Look at Matt Campbell at Iowa State. He inherited a worse situation than Frost. In his 2nd year, he beat 2 Top 5 teams. He doesn't have much talent compared to the rest of the conference, but ISU is competitive in every game.

Most great coaches show noticeable improvement from Year 1 to Year 2. We have regressed in Year 2 from the last half of Year 1.

We need an overhaul on the assistant coaching staff.
New DC, new S&C, new o-line coach, new WR coach, new special teams.
No. That's what programs like Rutgers do. You HAVE to give these guys time to recruit. Riley left us some horrible gaping holes on the O line and at linebacker and it's killing us. Frost has hit those positions hard on the recruiting trail but those kids are a year or 2 away. We're TWO YEARS AWAY with no staff changes. You start firing assistants and we're screwed.

I don't have any doubt that if you took Saban and his staff and put them at Nebraska, the team would play better because they are better coaches. Maybe they don't win tonight with them, but the game would be a helluva lot closer.

Reactions: skintight
Yes, I do.

Look at Matt Campbell at Iowa State. He inherited a worse situation than Frost. In his 2nd year, he beat 2 Top 5 teams. He doesn't have much talent compared to the rest of the conference, but ISU is competitive in every game.

Most great coaches show noticeable improvement from Year 1 to Year 2. We have regressed in Year 2 from the last half of Year 1.

Campbell can coach circles around Frost...that will give some people on here serious butthurt, but its true.

Yes, I do.

Unfortunately, this is generally true. Still hard to swallow though. Not giving up on Frost, but geez...

Reactions: F5Tornado
This 3-4 is garbage. We need two DTs. Minnesota is running the gut every single play. This team is a bottom dweller

agree..... these outside lb’s just lookin like frozen popsicles has got to stop

Unfortunately, this is generally true. Still hard to swallow though. Not giving up on Frost, but geez...
We lost Gifford, Morgan and Ozigbo, Farmer and Foster. 3 are playing in the NFL. Right now 3 of our weakest positions are Linebacker, WR and RB in addition to the O line. The guys who replaced them are not getting it done.

Reactions: Wellitsofficial
I don't have any doubt that if you took Saban and his staff and put them at Nebraska, the team would play better because they are better coaches. Maybe they don't win tonight with them, but the game would be a helluva lot closer.

Hell, look at Herm Edwards at Arizona State. A lot of people laughed at that hire, but he has completely turned that program around in 2 years. They are competitive in every game.

We didn't expect Frost to win em all this year. But getting blown out by a mediocre Minnesota team can't all be blamed on Mike Riley.

We lost Gifford, Morgan and Ozigbo, Farmer and Foster. 3 are playing in the NFL. Right now 3 of our weakest positions are Linebacker, WR and RB in addition to the O line. The guys who replaced them are not getting it done.

I love your posts, so let’s get that out of the way. I disagree with this. Every team loses players. The job of a coach is to replace those players and produce. Apparently we’ve done neither

I love your posts, so let’s get that out of the way. I disagree with this. Every team loses players. The job of a coach is to replace those players and produce. Apparently we’ve done neither
AND WHO's guys are stepping in for those guys? Riley's for the most part. You don't expect freshmen to step in and start at O line and linebacker.

That running back was buried in the depth chart to start the season by Frost and he may not have seen the field last year if some things not gone down....just a thought.

AND WHO's guys are stepping in for those guys? Riley's for the most part. You don't expect freshmen to step in and start at O line and linebacker.

At some point this comes down to our current coach. I do agree that Riley was terrible and we have some weak players. But good coaches get good results. We haven’t had much in the way of good results

Hell, look at Herm Edwards at Arizona State. A lot of people laughed at that hire, but he has completely turned that program around in 2 years. They are competitive in every game.

We didn't expect Frost to win em all this year. But getting blown out by a mediocre Minnesota team can't all be blamed on Mike Riley.
This is on Frost and his staff, and you're correct, the past coach has nothing to do with it. I hope next year we truly start to see much more progress because the heat will be turned up a lot if they don't start getting better, especially against teams like Minny on the road.

That running back was buried in the depth chart to start the season by Frost and he may not have seen the field last year if some things not gone down....just a thought.
He was buried on the depth chart for a reason. He was from the start one of Riley's guys and he admitted that he had to get his head in the right place and work harder. He had a crappy spring but worked his ass off and eventually won Held's confidence.

My observation is that Frost won’t sacrifice any of his coaches for the greater good of the program. If a CEO realizes his VPs aren’t getting it done, he or she makes the changes for the greater good especially when the program has 9 million dollars in yearly salaries.

Yes, I do.

Iowa St would kick our butt.

From everything that I have seen from the coaching and this team so far, I expect that we will be having these same conversations in 2 or 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT