ADVERTISEMENT

Solid game from Adrian

Agreed. If he could just see the field a touch better we might be decent.
Yeah his processing needs to speed up and he needs to have his confidence harnessed. Seemed like he started feeling it as the game wore on.

Beautiful ball to Allen, I don't know why he fell down. Same reason CTB couldn't pick any of three he should have had I guess.

Definitely better today. Too bad he can't be consistently good from game to game.

This board cracks me up. Martinez had a good game today, He had a good game last week. some people can't give this kid a little credit. Are some of your lives that crappy, that you can not even give this kid a little praise on how he played.

Aggressive running it, smart and accurate passing. Great touch on the ball today.

Looked way more comfortable and in command. If he keeps playing like that it's a different offense.

Hats off to the kid.
Hats off. Only time he really pissed me off was sliding short of the first down when we are trying to ice the game. Ball to Betts was overthrown big time, but otherwise where has this Adrian been?

The more I watch the more I wonder if we’d be in better shape if he was never benched

Agreed. Betts looks like he’s getting better too.

anyone watching Coastal Carolina here in a bit? They run an Osborne type offense out of pistol/Gun

Reactions: BleedRed78
Adrian had a good game, but even his good games are still pretty average. Hope the kid gets more help next year with a better qb coach.

He had a pretty good game I thought. He did have a few hiccups like early in the game I think he scrambled around real well and was literally directing traffic to receivers and then tossed it five yards to Wandale and missed him by two yards. That was frustrating. He tried putting a little touch on that late pass to Allen and the guy batted it down. That earlier long pass to Allen was pretty good. Probably a few inches too deep which caused Allen to stumble a little. I ain't gonna complain at all on that pass. That late scramble/run where he slid five yards before the first was probably the most frustrating thing I saw all day from him. Its his job to know where the first down is and to weigh how much it means to get that first verses taking a hit. He ducked way too early when it should have been a first and mostly sealed the game. I thought he played a good game though.

He got the job done today. Still holds the ball way too long which is why he gives up so many sacks and tackles for loss against good competition. Beating a bad Purdue team is nothing to get excited about

Maybe, but I'll take it.

martinez strength, running the ball, check
glad we could get that one figured out after 3 years

This board speaks of him as if he is a freshman. What we see is what we're getting.
In a perfect world he'd be a RS-Soph this year.

His physical talent has never been the issue. His thing is to cut the anchor loose and go play like he's intent on taking somebody's manhood. It's night and day the way he runs the ball when he flips the switch.

The switch needs to be duct taped in the ON position at all times.

A lot of what I'm seeing on the field the last few weeks makes me suspect there's been more live hitting in practice of late.

Agree that Diaco can find a way to give up yards and points to anyone, but Martinez did look solid today.

But if he wanted love from this board, Martinez should have transferred. Then he could be the answer to NU's prayers with the 99th or 101st highest QBR in the nation.

Bruce shows up about 5 Saturdays a year to piss and moan and generally spew acid. What a great fan. But I know, you're just like Adrian... what we see is what we're getting.
No I just decided not to live on here with everything that is going on. Ciao

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT