ADVERTISEMENT

Solich contacted by Trev today.

Sep 17, 2022
Former Husker coach Frank Solich had a lengthy call with AD Alberts today. Around a few hours im told. Solich gave Trev his thoughts and a strong recommendation for Leipold. But other names discussed as well. There was also talk of Frank coming back next year to be honored in various ways. Looks as if Trev is trying to repair some damage from the past.

I heard he consulted with Devaney via a Ouija board

ouija-board-1019-getty.jpg

Former Husker coach Frank Solich had a lengthy call with AD Alberts today. Around a few hours im told. Solich gave Trev his thoughts and a strong recommendation for Leipold. But other names discussed as well. There was also talk of Frank coming back next year to be honored in various ways. Looks as if Trev is trying to repair some damage from the past.
Even though we all know you are making this all up, I will agree that it would be a good move for the University to bring back Solich in some capacity to honor him and his career. That would be a good healing move. The fans would love it.

Even though we all know you are making this all up, I will agree that it would be a good move for the University to bring back Solich in some capacity to honor him and his career. That would be a good healing move. The fans would love it.
Totally agree.. The other half is on him wanting to return..

And sacrifice 'lil red,99 K red balloons, and blonde herbie husker

He should have done that a long long time ago.. But now Frank has more time on his hands to come back..
I don't think Frank wanted to it until he was done coaching. I suspect it will happen some time soon. I'm a little surprised Frank wasn't in town for the reunion this weekend. He used to come back to the state fairly often but kept a very low profile.

Reactions: scarletred
I don't think Frank wanted to it until he was done coaching. I suspect it will happen some time soon. I'm a little surprised Frank wasn't in town for the reunion this weekend. He used to come back to the state fairly often but kept a very low profile.
That‘s what meant with more time on his hands..

This weekend would have been a great time for him to be recognized playing Big 8 rival OU..

That‘s what meant with more time on his hands..

This weekend would have been a great time for him to be recognized playing Big 8 rival OU..
Kinda tough/weird to bring back the guy we fired on the same weekend that we just fired another coach. The optics of that would be sub optimal.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I was part of the mob that wanted Frank to be let go. Looking back I think Frank would have been better that we what we got, but we can’t change that now. I am not saying we would have been great, but I am pretty sure there would have been less turmoil. I did become an Ohio U fan when he coached there. His teams were pretty fun to watch. Often the Bobcats played on weekday nights so it was easy to find them on TV. I would tell Frank to his face that I was wrong and cheer as loud as I could if he were to be honored at a Husker game.

Solichistas making their move

Trev would need to be fired if he has millions of dollars to spend on a coach and we settle for turds.

solich had trouble from the start, first DR.Tom had everything hitting on all cyliders (3 out of 4 nc's)
then the older coaches that been around started retiring, milt, mcbride, young, darlington etc..
but whats ironic was the reson solich was great is he produced great running backs, then when he left that spot..
we got dan and bucks who fumbled all over the place...thus making solich just run crouch and lord right and left and making us 1 dimensional..and if either martizez took the hits crouch and lord took, they might not be with us today...

I allways wondered if solich could of had some backs who hanged onto the ball while he was HC...if we could have did better...sure we got 9 wins, but games again texas, penn state,etc got out of hand...which was a shock for folks coming off 3 out of 4 nc's....hind sights 20/20..and I think we would have faired better if we kept solich..and he would of grown into the role more...

because you look at ohio, he inproved them and did get some good backs going again...

Reactions: moralvictories
do you think Frank recommended PJ Fleck?

he was 0-3 against Fleck losing by an average of more than 20 pts per game

I was part of the mob that wanted Frank to be let go. Looking back I think Frank would have been better that we what we got, but we can’t change that now. I am not saying we would have been great, but I am pretty sure there would have been less turmoil. I did become an Ohio U fan when he coached there. His teams were pretty fun to watch. Often the Bobcats played on weekday nights so it was easy to find them on TV. I would tell Frank to his face that I was wrong and cheer as loud as I could if he were to be honored at a Husker game.
Probably should have let him go after his 7-7 season, not a year after he made changes and improved. Or at least have a good plan in place. Not sure if Frank was our answer, but we definitely ****ed up after firing him, and seemingly compounded our mistakes as the years go on.

I was young at the time, but was pretty shocked to see him go.

Nice try, troll better!

Reactions: scarletred
solich had trouble from the start, first DR.Tom had everything hitting on all cyliders (3 out of 4 nc's)
then the older coaches that been around started retiring, milt, mcbride, young, darlington etc..
but whats ironic was the reson solich was great is he produced great running backs, then when he left that spot..
we got dan and bucks who fumbled all over the place...thus making solich just run crouch and lord right and left and making us 1 dimensional..and if either martizez took the hits crouch and lord took, they might not be with us today...

I allways wondered if solich could of had some backs who hanged onto the ball while he was HC...if we could have did better...sure we got 9 wins, but games again texas, penn state,etc got out of hand...which was a shock for folks coming off 3 out of 4 nc's....hind sights 20/20..and I think we would have faired better if we kept solich..and he would of grown into the role more...

because you look at ohio, he inproved them and did get some good backs going again...
Ultimately this was the first big mistake made in the coaching disaster after Osborne. Solich hired a new OC and DC and went 9-3 , and gets Fired?

Reactions: redwine65
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT