ADVERTISEMENT

Social Media

Oct 8, 2020
I've loved the look and feel of the Huskers baseball social media. Thoughts? I wish they would post more videos of action and stream more baseball games.

I agree, I think they do a good job as well.

Not sure on the streaming of games, though. The Big Ten holds the rights to all of at least Nebraska's home games (and when playing on the road, that team has the rights). So unless BTN just says they don't want it, all home games are on some form of BTN.

Until a few years ago, BTN didn't claim all the games and you could subscribe to Huskers.com to stream the home games not on a BTN (or other) platform. Then the Big Ten started putting more emphasis on baseball, and with the proliferation of online streaming, BTN claims all the games and hires students to do the broadcasts for non-premiere games.

There were a couple years when the schedule on Huskers.com would list a bunch of games for their streaming service but subject to change if BTN picks it up. So you'd be paying two subscriptions (one to Huskers.com, another for a cable service to get the BTN online streams) and it would turn out later the Huskers.com subscription was pointless. I think one season, Huskers.com didn't end up streaming any conference home games after advertising their availability because BTN picked them up either for TV broadcast or online stream, but that didn't stop the sale of subscriptions.

< end of rant > 😀

Interesting stuff saluno, thank you for sharing as I wasn't aware of the details.

I think the SM staff did well in the few games we had in 2020. I'm more disappointed with this fall, after a strong show of fan support with the scrimmage they've pretty much been non-existent. Maybe it was false hope from that day, or just hunger for Husker activity, but I feel like they failed to capitalize on momentum.

Interesting stuff saluno, thank you for sharing as I wasn't aware of the details.

I think the SM staff did well in the few games we had in 2020. I'm more disappointed with this fall, after a strong show of fan support with the scrimmage they've pretty much been non-existent. Maybe it was false hope from that day, or just hunger for Husker activity, but I feel like they failed to capitalize on momentum.
Hm. You must not follow them I assume? Are you saying the fan support for Husker baseball on social media is non-existent? Or the Husker baseball account is non-existent? The Husker baseball account has been posting almost daily photos of practice. They also handled Alex Gordon’s retirement. I’m not sure I agree with them being ‘non-existent’

I agree, I think they do a good job as well.

Not sure on the streaming of games, though. The Big Ten holds the rights to all of at least Nebraska's home games (and when playing on the road, that team has the rights). So unless BTN just says they don't want it, all home games are on some form of BTN.

Until a few years ago, BTN didn't claim all the games and you could subscribe to Huskers.com to stream the home games not on a BTN (or other) platform. Then the Big Ten started putting more emphasis on baseball, and with the proliferation of online streaming, BTN claims all the games and hires students to do the broadcasts for non-premiere games.

There were a couple years when the schedule on Huskers.com would list a bunch of games for their streaming service but subject to change if BTN picks it up. So you'd be paying two subscriptions (one to Huskers.com, another for a cable service to get the BTN online streams) and it would turn out later the Huskers.com subscription was pointless. I think one season, Huskers.com didn't end up streaming any conference home games after advertising their availability because BTN picked them up either for TV broadcast or online stream, but that didn't stop the sale of subscriptions.

< end of rant > 😀
Sorry - I should have clarified. More FALL streams of games. I guess - practices if you will - not games

Reactions: saluno22
Almost daily? Not even close.

This month, they've had four tweets of fall ball thru seven full days of practices including 4 scrimmages. Two of the four tweets are pictures of the coaches. Zero videos. Prior to that, their last tweet was September 20 which wasn't related to fall ball but nutrition. That's 15 days, or 10 practices, between tweets. Again, not even close to almost daily.

We're practing Monday thru Friday which includes scrimmages. Video out some highlights, they can be generic but send them out. Show some BP, in & out, doesn't matter what it is just some video.

I do like how they highlighted AG's retirement, very much deserved. I also like the short video of AB's slider. It never hurts to highlight former players currently in the bigs.

This isn't too much to ask for.

Almost daily? Not even close.

This month, they've had four tweets of fall ball thru seven full days of practices including 4 scrimmages. Two of the four tweets are pictures of the coaches. Zero videos. Prior to that, their last tweet was September 20 which wasn't related to fall ball but nutrition. That's 15 days, or 10 practices, between tweets. Again, not even close to almost daily.

We're practing Monday thru Friday which includes scrimmages. Video out some highlights, they can be generic but send them out. Show some BP, in & out, doesn't matter what it is just some video.

I do like how they highlighted AG's retirement, very much deserved. I also like the short video of AB's slider. It never hurts to highlight former players currently in the bigs.

This isn't too much to ask for.
That’s fair. They are lacking in video, but maybe coaches don’t want it out there? Just a shot in the dark as to why videos are almost non existent. But the look of the photos are badass! Outside of FB, they’re my favorite account to follow. Volleyball and basketball don’t do much. What are your thoughts on favorite accounts ?

ADVERTISEMENT