ADVERTISEMENT

So ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
now that the OLB coaching position is filled again, does anyone know the real reason Jovan left? Did Frost encourage him to leave or did he leave because he wanted to get away from Nebraska ?

Not that it matters so much for Jovan himself but I'm interested in Frost's approach to his coaching staff and whether he pushes for changes or not.

That answer will always be speculation I would imagine, but I did hear that Dewitt was one of the last members of the staff to originally commit to coming to Lincoln in the first place. I think Dewitt left on his own without being pushed out the door by Frost. My thought is that Dewitt always had his "eyes open" for his next opportunity like a lot of young assistant coaches do. Add to that the pressure that he may have been under by coaching some under performing groups on a losing team and you come up with a guy who took a new job.

I think it was mutually beneficial. He did say the cold weather toward the end of the year was hard on his throat post-treatment.

Hope he does well at UNC; hope Dawson can get our guys, especially the newcomers, ready to be impact players come fall.

now that the OLB coaching position is filled again, does anyone know the real reason Jovan left? Did Frost encourage him to leave or did he leave because he wanted to get away from Nebraska ?

Not that it matters so much for Jovan himself but I'm interested in Frost's approach to his coaching staff and whether he pushes for changes or not.
I think it's pretty obvious he was pushed out. It's not much of a suprise that there would be some changes in coaching staff after 2 losing seasons in a row at a blue blood program.

Believe what you want to believe. It isn’t obvious why he left. Could be he was pushed out, which wouldn’t be a shock with the on the field performance. Or it could be a health thing, as has been stated repeatedly as well.

I now think with Walters being given the ax that it is very likely that Jovan got the same treatment because it shows Frost is/was ready to dump coaches. Special teams fiasco probably did him in as much as anything.

Probably also sends a message to the other coaches that they need to perform because job security is not a given.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I now think with Walters being given the ax that it is very likely that Jovan got the same treatment because it shows Frost is/was ready to dump coaches. Special teams fiasco probably did him in as much as anything.

Probably also sends a message to the other coaches that they need to perform because job security is not a given.
Big difference is Dewitt found a home as a move surprising as it may be. Hope Walters does as well. Usually better to move to a job rather than the mutually agreed to part ways.

Dewitt left because the special teams and LB's sucked for 2 years in a row. God bless the man on his healing from throat-cancer and I do wish him and his family the very very best. But Frost had to make a change. This is Frost's way of firing people seeing as he doesn't want to ruin their reputation to being a "fired coach". He'd rather make it look like they left on their own. He did the same thing with Dawson last year as it was obvious as hell that he cut him from the D-Line since that position was horrible 2 seasons ago and then this year Frost obviously re-instated him again at Nebraska a year later when he found what he believes is a more favorable position for Dawson to coach at.

Nebraska is not a stepping stone for anybody. Never has been, and as a blue-blood that pays very well money to whoever is on it's staff, it never will be. This is a final destination school.

Reactions: oldjar07

Im not sure either way. Im just glad he left. My guess is Frost didnt attempt to convince him or Walters to stay. At least i would hope he didnt lol.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT