ADVERTISEMENT

So would Urban trade down to draft Fields?

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
He’d be less expensive to sign vs Lawrence I suspect. Is it a crazy suggestion?
GBR?

I assume he’d put all of his money in a “Jump-to-Conclusions-Mat” even before he made that move.

He’d be less expensive to sign vs Lawrence I suspect. Is it a crazy suggestion?
GBR?
No. He’s looking at Zach Wilson too. If they start making a lot of roster moves, then he’s going with Fields or Wilson

Was reading on the Buckeye boards that the two HS QBs that Urban recruited the hardest were Tebow and Watson so you never know but the general feeling is he takes Lawrence
I'd rather build with a rookie. Watson is already proving that he's a take-my-ball-and-go-home spoiled brat. He's got skills, but so does Lawrence. Be patient. Sounds like J-Ville's culture is terrible, so this is a completed tear down and rebuild job. I sense that Watson wants smoother sailing. With all of the cap he's sucking up, that doesn't leave much left over for a great supporting cast.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Urban Meyer has had a man crush on Trevor Lawrence for the last 5 years. I think he purposely took the Jaguars job solely to coach Lawrence.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Urban Meyer has had a man crush on Trevor Lawrence for the last 5 years. I think he purposely took the Jaguars job solely to coach Lawrence.
This is what I think too. An established coach like Meyers picks which job he wants. An unknown coordinator takes whatever job he can get and hopes for the best. At the very least, it elevates his name and future value.

Everyone knows you need a true franchise quarterback to win the Super Bowl. The exceptions are rare. Getting Lawrence will afford Meyers at least 2 additional years of his rebuild. He has zero pressure to make the playoffs in the beginning. But, if he can build momentum during that time with a good roster, there's a good chance he has one of the top 1/3 teams in the NFL for years to come AND a the elusive young franchise QB to lead it. It's a great thing to be the Chiefs with your QB of the future in place. So few teams ever find their guy, develop him and keep him.

I'VE had a man crush on Trevor Lawrence for the last 5 years. TL (at this point in time) is equivalent to Peyton Manning. I would build a franchise around him. I'm pretty sure he's going to be appearing in Head & Shoulders commercials real soon.

I'VE had a man crush on Trevor Lawrence for the last 5 years. TL (at this point in time) is equivalent to Peyton Manning. I would build a franchise around him. I'm pretty sure he's going to be appearing in Head & Shoulders commercials real soon.

For your sake I don't hope that doesn't happen!! At that time you might creme the screen......

I would take Notre Dame's QB over Fields. No chance Urban drafts a vegan.

I might be the only person not sold on TL. Not saying he's a bust but I don't see P. Manning either.

ADVERTISEMENT