ADVERTISEMENT

So with all the negativity on here, I started looking at posters identities.

Um sure..want me to pull the Florida numbers?
You can try to prove it all you want. They offer nothing. I know you guys only think short term there. It is longer term thing. Can they bring in viewership long term. Not 1 game, 1 year. Can they generate money long term. Can they compete with the big dogs long term.

what a forward thinker you are lol. Your league messed up by adding Rutgers when they could have a made a footprint in Orlando. But they thought like you and took the “here and now” team and got stuck with a crappy program that nobody cares about. But hey if having “big conference” gets you to 0-5 than we don’t need it.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
what a forward thinker you are lol. Your league messed up by adding Rutgers when they could have a made a footprint in Orlando. But they thought like you and took the “here and now” team and got stuck with a crappy program that nobody cares about. But hey if having “big conference” gets you to 0-5 than we don’t need it.

ha ha ha ha ha UCF CC in the Big Ten. That is rich

I am not disagreeing with you. The BIG10 is probably the only conference that makes sense for UCF from adding viewership and getting a FL footprint. They don't fit in the BIG10 and it will never happen. They would more fit in the BIG12, and could maybe add a viewership footprint.

You did genius.

I am not disagreeing with you. The BIG10 is probably the only conference that makes sense for UCF from adding viewership and getting a FL footprint. They don't fit here

We can agree on something. All comes down to money, money, sharing money, and money. Conferences don’t care if basketball is good, if the stadium is full, or hell if your good (look at Rutgers and Maryland), all they care about is big city eyeballs. That is were the NCAA sucks.

Didn’t say I wanted them too looking at it from a conference standpoint. Why you like Rutgers instead?

I didn't say I liked Rutgers. I just don't think UCF would be an option. I know you all have a great teacher's college and all, but it took an act of Congress to get Nebraska in the club when they were still a member of the AAU. So your point that the Big Ten could have had UCF is a non factor. They were never going to be a consideration.

-also largest tv market without an nfl team (realistically only memphis and ucf should be considered for a p5 for this reason only),

-ny times article reported that ucf owns it local footprint, not florida, fsu or miami,this happened after 2013 (memphis doesnt own its local footprint)

Don't see a UCF on the list. But I do see Nebraska on there twice.

Most watched NCAA Football games of all time

35.6 million - ABC, BCS title game/Rose Bowl, Rose Bowl, Jan. 4, 2006, Texas vs USC.
30.8 million - ABC, BCS title game, Jan. 7, 2010, Alabama vs. Texas
30.4 million - ABC, Rose Bowl, Jan. 1, 1996, USC vs. Northwestern.
30.1 million - ABC, Sugar Bowl, Jan. 1, 1993, Alabama vs. Miami.
30.0 million - NBC, Orange Bowl, Jan. 1, 1995, Nebraska vs. Miami.
29.6 million - NBC, Orange Bowl, Jan. 1, 1991, Colorado vs. Notre Dame.
29.1 million - ABC, BCS title game/Fiesta Bowl, Jan. 3, 2003, Ohio State vs. Miami.
29.0 million - ABC, Rose Bowl, Jan. 1, 1998, Michigan vs. Washington State.
28.81 million, NBC, Orange Bowl, Jan. 1, 1994, Florida State vs. Nebraska.
28.80 million - FOX, BCS title game, Jan. 8, 2007, Ohio State vs. Florida.
28.4 million, ABC, Rose Bowl, Jan. 2, 1995, Penn State vs. Oregon.
28.3 million - ESPN, national semifinal/Sugar Bowl, Jan. 1, 2015, Ohio State vs. Alabama.
28.1 million - ESPN, national semifinal/Rose Bowl, Jan. 1, 2015, Oregon vs. Florida State.

35.6 million - ABC, BCS title game/Rose Bowl, Rose Bowl, Jan. 4, 2006, Texas vs USC.
29.1 million - ABC, BCS title game/Fiesta Bowl, Jan. 3, 2003, Ohio State vs. Miami.
28.3 million - ESPN, national semifinal/Sugar Bowl, Jan. 1, 2015, Ohio State vs. Alabama.
28.1 million - ESPN, national semifinal/Rose Bowl, Jan. 1, 2015, Oregon vs. Florida State.

Oh snap.

Yeah because 50% of those viewers were Nebraska fans watching Frost.

Hmm... then why did we pull a 6.6 rating in a fiesta bowl game when GOL was coach? If you could take off your rose colored glasses, I think you could see that you’re a damn fool who has no idea what he is talking about. Orlando is the 19th largest tv market. Orlando is backing UCF and will continue to do so and continue to grow (you wouldn’t know that from wherever you are) By adding UCF the big 12 would get access to a bigger market than your entire state.

And this year our BBall is projected #1 in conference, volleyball is on a crazy win streak, men’s soccer is ranked in the top 25, and our baseball program is competitive.

https://www.blackandgoldbanneret.com/ucf-football-tv-ratings/

You’re the one that can’t stop bringing us up and bashing us on your site. When you stop, I’ll stop. I’m sure your peers would appreciate it if you would just shut up and let it die. When you’re done, we’ll be done. This thread was void of UCF for quite some time until you brought it back up.

I didn't say I liked Rutgers. I just don't think UCF would be an option. I know you all have a great teacher's college and all, but it took an act of Congress to get Nebraska in the club when they were still a member of the AAU. So your point that the Big Ten could have had UCF is a non factor. They were never going to be a consideration.

At least this guy makes sense. Impressive viewership from 94 and 95. Bowl viewership has dropped considerable for non playoff/bcs chamiponship games since then so realistically only a few games a year will pull those numbers. Would love for that to be UCF, but we’ve got a ways to go and the lack of the p5 tag makes it extremely difficult to get there. Big 12 is our only hope, and they’re not interested at the moment.

LOL you pulled something from 1995 and 1994 were we’re not even D-1 yet lol.

"we’re not even D-1 yet"

Are you now? I dont think anyone outside Orlando noticed. Cute schedule though.

Oooooo.... did you snap your fingers at the screen after you wrote that? Self high five? Congrats on the most clever comeback of all time!

The AP voters and college coaches notice you dumb sh*t. I don’t care if you notice.

Oooooo.... did you snap your fingers at the screen after you wrote that? Self high five? Congrats on the most clever comeback of all time!

The AP voters and college coaches notice you dumb sh*t. I don’t care if you notice.
You sound like you don't have a high school diploma yet.

You sound like you don't have a high school diploma yet.

Good, was trying to relate to my audience. I find that big words, statistics, and facts tend to go over some of y’alls heads. I’m tired of this pissing match so Y’all have a wonderful life, and good luck vs. BCC.

We are controlling what we can control, and navigating a territory that Nebraska has never had to deal with (building from the ground up), which is why some of the ignorant fans on this board can not relate to what UCF is doing.

Do you really think that NU didn't have to build from the ground up? 1890 says hello!

As for UCF, I honestly don't care about UCF at all. That's why I'm over here posting on the Husker Board and not on a UCF board.

Good, was trying to relate to my audience. I find that big words, statistics, and facts tend to go over some of y’alls heads. I’m tired of this pissing match so Y’all have a wonderful life, and good luck vs. BCC.
Talks sh*t, gets tired of pissing match. Makes sense moron. Good riddance.

alright I’m done here I trolled long enough. Don’t take this stuff serious it’s just football. Win or lose in the end nobody gives

That’s going to be an epic battle

I see Nebraska twice too....both times before the internet was even invented.

"we’re not even D-1 yet"

Are you now? I dont think anyone outside Orlando noticed. Cute schedule though.

Sure they did. If not when we beat the BIg 12 champ to win the Fiesta Bowl, than when we beat the SEC West Champ to win the Peach Bowl. I know Nebraska fans noticed because they kept coming to our games.

Sure they did. If not when we beat the BIg 12 champ to win the Fiesta Bowl, than when we beat the SEC West Champ to win the Peach Bowl. I know Nebraska fans noticed because they kept coming to our games.
You should go back to 3rd grade and learn the difference between "then" and "than", instead of spending day and night on this board. Rent free, LOL.

Ouch!

What’s your story? You obviously are a WVU fan by your name... what do you get out of trolling a Nebraska board?

Weird that a dude who trolls the boards of other teams and makes comments about "living in the past" has a handle contrived from two players that left WVU 10 years ago, coincidentally the only time WVU challenged for a title..

Weird that a dude who trolls the boards of other teams and makes comments about "living in the past" has a handle contrived from two players that left WVU 10 years ago, coincidentally the only time WVU challenged for a title..
Agree. Also weird that he isn’t thanking us. If Nebraska doesn’t go to the B1G his team still rots away in a dying conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT