ADVERTISEMENT

So with all the negativity on here, I started looking at posters identities.

Seriously you should respect our tradition. Have you ever been in our rotunda and seen our trophies or the heisman room? We’ve paid our dues, and now you should show respect. We are making a list of all the doubters out there

I never said I didn’t respect the accomplishments of your ancient ancestors. I personally am not planning to make a pilgrimage to the corn Mecca of Lincoln.

I’ve simply asked how you plan on turning those accomplishments into future wins? A question that Nebraska fans are unable to answer.

[QUOTE="ahabmw, post: 4642730, member: 71876"

I’ve simply asked how you plan on turning those accomplishments into future wins? A question that Nebraska fans are unable to answer.[/QUOTE]
The only answer I can give is patience & time. This is obviously not a short term fix. This season has been a train wreck so far & probably won’t get much better. I try to look on the bright side that Nebraska will hopefully get better as time goes on. I still have faith in Frost. Just my humble opinion. :)

Reactions: ahabmw and timnsun
Back to the original point of this thread - according to my profile I've been around since 2001 which is an awfully long time. I've NEVER been banned either. Shouldn't I get a prize or something? Laughing

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Common knowledge that NU is a blue blood or at minimum one of the most respected programs in college football history but you can make up random trash.

UCF fans are so hurt over Frost leaving which is garbage! Frost originally got in to coaching to someday lead NU back to the success we had when he was a player. He finally got his shot and he took it!

He left UCF in great shape. Stop complaining on our board and go support your own program!

What a joke. Frost 0-4. UCF undefeated w/o frost. Turns out, we actually don't need the HC. Thanks for taking him. He obviously can't lead a team to a win. It takes Florida players to win. We don't need or want Frost back. Thank you for taking his 0 win 2018 record. We really couldn't take his coaching in 2018. We got a better guy.

Reactions: sltldowney
Blue-blood. Have any of you actually checked into the century you're living in? I'm 51 and yet can realize that things are changing. Tradition? Who gives a crap. Time to realize what century you are in. Nebraska has been on the way out, for a long time, and others are on the rise. Some day, the rest of college football fan will realize you are just as important as Rutgers is to "tradition" etc. Heck, they're more "traditional" than you, since that's where most think college football started. Tradition will end up in the dumpster of history soon, 1 fact to prove it- century old rivalries were dumped as fast as possible when $$$ and conference affiliation came in conflict. Few if any, give a crap about tradition. So take your Blue-blood and bleed to death like the blue-blood royalty has done. You are ancient history.

Reactions: sltldowney
Blue-blood. Have any of you actually checked into the century you're living in? I'm 51 and yet can realize that things are changing. Tradition? Who gives a crap. Time to realize what century you are in. Nebraska has been on the way out, for a long time, and others are on the rise. Some day, the rest of college football fan will realize you are just as important as Rutgers is to "tradition" etc. Heck, they're more "traditional" than you, since that's where most think college football started. Tradition will end up in the dumpster of history soon, 1 fact to prove it- century old rivalries were dumped as fast as possible when $$$ and conference affiliation came in conflict. Few if any, give a crap about tradition. So take your Blue-blood and bleed to death like the blue-blood royalty has done. You are ancient history.
51 acting like you're 15. I bet you're real successful.

Reactions: EATAFAT1
HEY GUYS. Big Nebraska fan here. I’m ready to show these big ten fans what we are all about!!

Beating one or two good teams a year in the 12 was great and all. But now we need to husk some mo fo corn y’all. Know what I’m sayin?
I know your mother likes to get it by the carload at drive in movies.

Husker haters have been waiting half a century for us to have a season like this. It’ll be another half century before they get another shot at a season this bad again.

They may as well enjoy this while it last. It will not last long.

Reactions: EATAFAT1
What a joke. Frost 0-4. UCF undefeated w/o frost. Turns out, we actually don't need the HC. Thanks for taking him. He obviously can't lead a team to a win. It takes Florida players to win. We don't need or want Frost back. Thank you for taking his 0 win 2018 record. We really couldn't take his coaching in 2018. We got a better guy.
Lol.. We will see about that once all of his talent is gone. It's easy to make yourself look good when you are loaded with talent. I don't see Heup and his chin keeping that going.

Lol.. We will see about that once all of his talent is gone. It's easy to make yourself look good when you are loaded with talent. I don't see Heup and his chin keeping that going.

Frost has some good recruits, O’Leary had some good recruits. Frost used a mix of his recruits and the talent he brought in to make us successful. A blanket statement assuming frost brought in everyone is just crazy. We’ve had starter NFL talent long before Frost came. We will continue to have interest and talent within our program. Will we be undefeated again? I don’t know but this sure is fun! I’ll support the team no matter what.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE

Wow, talk about short attention span theater. That's nearly an entire paragraph of sentence fragments.

When you actually start playing a schedule of any teams with a pulse, we might take you seriously.

Yawn.. The same response as every fan of a program that has never won anything of significance. What's it like to have never gotten the opportunity to watch a game that mattered. Carry on..

Yawn.. The same response as every fan of a program that has never won anything of significance. What's it like to have never gotten the opportunity to watch a game that mattered. Carry on..

You know the feeling, basically how you’ve felt since the new millennia. And to say that BCS or NY6 bowls don’t matter, that’s a bit ridiculous considering Nebraska hasn’t won one since the 2000 rose bowl.

You know the feeling, basically how you’ve felt since the new millennia. And to say that BCS or NY6 bowls don’t matter, that’s a bit ridiculous considering Nebraska hasn’t won one since the 2000 rose bowl.

NY6 Bowls are great, but they mean as much as the Poinsettia Bowl in the overall scheme of things. They bring in a bunch of money. But the thing is, in the Big 10, there will be a couple or 3 teams that play in the NY6 bowls, and that money gets split with the whole league. So, in reality, it doesn't matter if it's Nebraska or Wisconsin from a money standpoint.

If UCF doesn't make it, no one from the American will. So you will always have an uphill battle unless you upgrade the stadium, so that a P5 league want you. You will always be the best of the minor leagues. Cool It's like being the Wichita St of college basketball.

I may know the feeling of playing in meaningless games, but so do you. But you don't know the feeling of playing in meaningful games. I do. That's the key difference.

Expect this on cold takes exposed in 2 years

NY6 Bowls are great, but they mean as much as the Poinsettia Bowl in the overall scheme of things. They bring in a bunch of money. But the thing is, in the Big 10, there will be a couple or 3 teams that play in the NY6 bowls, and that money gets split with the whole league. So, in reality, it doesn't matter if it's Nebraska or Wisconsin from a money standpoint.

If UCF doesn't make it, no one from the American will. So you will always have an uphill battle unless you upgrade the stadium, so that a P5 league want you. You will always be the best of the minor leagues. Cool It's like being the Wichita St of college basketball.

I don’t think it’s our stadium, it’s a cost benefit, and right now, I don’t think Big 12 sees us as a big enough benefit for the other schools to share current revenue with us. SEC and ACC already have eyeballs on tvs here so they don’t want to cut their pie with us at all. So, winning cures all, and making some noise in big games for us is what will help us make our case, that and success in all programs, not just football.

We are controlling what we can control, and navigating a territory that Nebraska has never had to deal with (building from the ground up), which is why some of the ignorant fans on this board can not relate to what UCF is doing.

They can offer nothing of value to a P5 conference. They can't offer a long history, they can't offer more tv viewership, they can't offer to bring in more money to the conference, they can't offer better academics, they can't offer other successful sports. Football is all they got and it is a short term success, and even that can't bring in much money. I just don't see them ever joining a P5 unless they are able upgrade and pack their stadium or find other ways to generate large amounts money.

Last edited:
They can offer nothing of value to a P5 conference. They can't offer a long history, they can't offer more tv viewership, they can't offer to bring in more money to the conference, they can't offer better academics, they can't offer other successful sports. Football is all they got and it is a short term success, and even that can't bring in much money. I just don't see them ever joining a P5 unless they are able upgrade and pack their stadium or find other ways to generate large amounts money.

Wow lol have you ever left Nebraska? LOL

Also conferences could care less about if the stadium is full the money comes from tv and viewers it’s not1950 anymore
Where are you going to get viewers from? Nobody cares about UCF except a smaller percentage of people in FL. Fl has plenty of viewership between FL, FL St and Miami. UCF can't bring in any more.

Big boy programs don’t lose to Troy....troy LOL
You obviously aren't, because otherwise you would know it does. Michigan lost to App St, V Tech lost to James Madison. Iowa has lost ND, Miami lost to FAMU, Georgia tech lost to Furman, Stanford lost to UC davis, Florida lost to georgia southern. Try again

Reactions: SkerInCo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT