ADVERTISEMENT

So with all the negativity on here, I started looking at posters identities.

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
How is it that so many people have only a few posts but yet they have been members from the early 2000's?

Reactions: dinglefritz
I can't speak for anyone else, but I can tell you I didn't log in here for a period of time (a year, maybe), and when I came back everything was gone. My post count, signature, everything.

How is it that so many people have only a few posts but yet they have been members from the early 2000's?
Pretty simple. There were a bunch if posters who actually had inside information and did a good job of discussing husker football both past and present. They no longer post here as a few idiots drove them away with continued b**tching. Its is no longer the board it was when it was Tough Tony's board.

Nothing chums the water like a blue blood program’s steady decline into one of the worst power 5 teams currently taking the field.

They will go away if and when we stop looking like horse shit every time we run on to the field.

Pretty simple. There were a bunch if posters who actually had inside information and did a good job of discussing husker football both past and present. They no longer post here as a few idiots drove them away with continued b**tching. Its is no longer the board it was when it was Tough Tony's board.
Oh yeah like the inside information that Maurice Washington was going to leave?

I can't speak for everybody who doesn't have a lot of posts, but I can tell you that in my case, I had over 1,000 posts at one point, and then they were zeroed out for some reason (I think maybe due to software update someone mentioned). I posted a lot more in the Callahan and Pelini era than in the Riley and Frost era, and frankly have gotten less and less interested in Huske5 football over the past several years - partly because of the on-the-field product, but realistically more because I became a father 4 years ago and now have 2 young children. I haven't watched a complete football game in about four years, but hope that once the kids are a bit more independent, I can get back to some of the activites I've been missing. I hope that time coincides with the rise up and improvement of Husker football, but we'll see.

I wasn’t with tough Tony’s, but it was a good board all the way until like 2012 or so.

Nothing chums the water like a blue blood program’s steady decline into one of the worst power 5 teams currently taking the field.

They will go away if and when we stop looking like horse shit every time we run on to the field.
Not a knock but I don’t think Nebraska is a blue blood program. When I think Blue Blood I think Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas Bama and a couple others. NU was a great program for a couple decades, blue bloods can say they have been good for much longer.

Not a knock but I don’t think Nebraska is a blue blood program. When I think Blue Blood I think Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas Bama and a couple others. NU was a great program for a couple decades, blue bloods can say they have been good for much longer.
I would call any team in the top ten in wins a blue blood

Lol at Notre Dame and Texas.. And all those schools you just mentioned had their dark ages as well.

Lol, top five in all time victories, top-five winning percentage, five national championships, numerous individual awards, 40+ conference championships, Hall of Fame coaches and players… But I guess that’s all a dime a dozen and Nebraska isn’t better than half the NCAA. OK.

Shows you don’t know cfb. There are 8 blue bloods of college football and it’s a pretty well known fact.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rojans-lead-list-college-football-blue-bloods

I think some of these new posters are actually rivals employees that just wait for an opening to post something that is sure to encite a multi page pillow fight to get clicks. Maybe they are bots programmed to trigger any time the phrase blue blood is posted on this site

The interesting thing is since 2008 we have as many wins as Michigan, and most of the big 10, including Iowa. We haven't been that bad, especially up until 2014. Just good. But the hire of a 70 year old man, with a career losing record, who was likely going to be fired by the doormat of the Pac12, has to go down in history as the worst hire, maybe ever in college football. Especially considering, the guy he took over for had won 9 games in 6 straight seasons. We hit rock bottom because of one of the worst hire imaginable in Eichorst, and then Riley. This is not a true reflection of the program. It is still relatively healthy...rabid fan base, lots of money coming in, great facilities, nice home city, easy division, and no recruiting competition within 500 miles of the campus. The cleansing may take longer than the marring but we have the right guy at least. Riley had to be fired, can you imagine if Frost decided to stay put at UCF? Who would we have as coach?

Reactions: Frozone and dpnavy
Probably Iowa trolls. They like to talk about us.....check out their site

No thanks. We have enough people poking fun of NU and fans on this site without feeling the need to torture ourselves by visiting other sites to read more trash talk. . I'd rather be kicked in the nads.

The interesting thing is since 2008 we have as many wins as Michigan, and most of the big 10, including Iowa. We haven't been that bad, especially up until 2014. Just good. But the hire of a 70 year old man, with a career losing record, who was likely going to be fired by the doormat of the Pac12, has to go down in history as the worst hire, maybe ever in college football. Especially considering, the guy he took over for had won 9 games in 6 straight seasons. We hit rock bottom because of one of the worst hire imaginable in Eichorst, and then Riley. This is not a true reflection of the program. It is still relatively healthy...rabid fan base, lots of money coming in, great facilities, nice home city, easy division, and no recruiting competition within 500 miles of the campus. The cleansing may take longer than the marring but we have the right guy at least. Riley had to be fired, can you imagine if Frost decided to stay put at UCF? Who would we have as coach?
Very good point. For whatever reason people think we have play this crappy of football for 15 years. We really haven't been horrible, just seems that way because the last 3 were so bad.

Lol this is comical. Either you know nothing about football history or you are a UCF troll looking to cause issues. I am going with both A and B.

NU played in a rose bowl in the 40s...are the most winningest team since 1970, which is the integration era. I would actually throw Michigan and Notre Dame out because most of their winning came when there were fewer teams and segregation. Nothing in sports should be counted pre-integration because....you know.....

The interesting thing is since 2008 we have as many wins as Michigan

2008-14 was a brutal stretch for Michigan football, under Rich Rodriguez and Brady Hoke. A lot of blueblood programs have gone through rough stretches. (The one that is overdue is OSU...)

I'm sure NU's current state is not going to last. I expect Frost to make NU a B1G West contender at the least.

Ahahahahaha. Good stuff man, keep it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT