ADVERTISEMENT

So Who's Ready for Mickey to be HC??

Wander if MJ would try to get Coach O on staff if he gets the job
Ha. Remember when Callahan brought in John Blake. There was an article a couple of years ago that referred to Blake as amongst Nebraska‘s all time top recruiter

Last edited:
According to this article from today that seems to be circulating elsewhere, Mickey is likely our next HC. Now, take it with a grain of salt (I hate the Fansided site personally). But I did see this same article appear multiple sites...

Long story short: Trev sounds like he's been offering incentive based contracts to the major candidates we've all been debating over. Just as some cautioned against (I know @dinglefritz warned against it). Because of this, it sounds like we haven't had much for bites from anyone in the candidate field. I wholeheartedly doubt it's due to "being in Nebraska" as some clowns like to make it seem all about.

My take: Part of me appreciates Trev ending the approach of UNL being a welfare program for the already wealthy (coaches who come here, get paid, fail, then are inevitably fired and paid some more). But part of me understands the very real nature of what it takes to compete in the marketplace for top notch coaches (even if they do present very real risk themselves).

Overall though, I for one AM ready for HC Mickey Joseph to take the reigns next year and doing what he can with his recruiting prowess to get Frost's abortion of a team repaired to at least compete for the West once more (at least one more year of divisions in the B1G from what I read earlier). I just hope he goes and gets some killer assistants. THAT is where B1G money should be spent.
Not I. I need to see this season play out. I really like MJ but he is making some amateurish mistakes so far.

I will say, I'm not sure what any coach could do with this shit O-Line and D-Line. No matter the dude we bring in that has to be the #1 focus. Juco it, portal it, do something, but Lines and Strength program need the biggest overhaul.

100% on the money sir. You couldn't possibly be more accurate. I can't imagine a successful HC with our current inept OLine & Dline.

Reactions: jsachisler
MJ needs to win games. I like what I've seen so far from Mickey but if he goes 0-5 down the stretch we won't hire him.

Reactions: jsachisler
excellent point some people love to forget. without Suh, 2009 would've been a very ugly season. I firmly believe there will never be another defensive player to completely carry a team the way Suh did.

He had an excellent secondary to help him be as effective. Without it he doesn't have the type of season he did.

Teams had to hold the ball for an abnormal amount of time.

There is a reason it was a top 10 defense in 2010 as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT