ADVERTISEMENT

So who will commit this weekend?

Skerz4Life50

Sophomore
Nov 24, 2013
So I've been golfing all night and have been trying to follow all the news...it sounds like it was an awesome night in lincoln! Any clues or feelings on who may commit this weekend?

So I've been golfing all night and have been trying to follow all the news...it sounds like it was an awesome night in lincoln! Any clues or feelings on who may commit this weekend?
594de0bb013b7.image.jpg
Bookie's twin Christian Tutt would be a good guess.

Tutt and Duggan to get 19 going. I a
So think Brown, and TJ within a week

I threw the Bones to Tutt and Bookie and Tutt fired back with the Bones and a huge smile. Him and Bookie were having a great time. I think Tutt is N.

Pledger-No, he'll stick with OU. The crowd gave it their best shot a long with the staff & players.

Raymond Scott- Kind of stood by himself all night. Did not seem like he was having that good of a time. He'll stick with USC for sure.

Moore- Sat and listen to his music for awhile before drills began. He seemed like he was not having the greatest time or just really focused on competing..I'm guessing just focused. I hope he stays N.

Pappoe- Rocked a Nebraska shirt all night and was glued to Mo Barry's hip. Looked like he was having a great time. Bray & Diaco were around him a lot. The kid looks like a D1 LB right now. Scary how good he could be. Still a long way to go in his process but I know we made an impression.

Griffith- Didn't participate in the 1v1 drill but seem to be having a good time. Took the picture throwing the bones which was awesome to see. I think he'll go elsewhere unfortunately.

Brown- Dubs was clowning with him all night; even jumped on his back lol. He was MUCH better than I thought he was going to be. IMO, he's a better prospect than Manny right now. Manny appeared to enjoy himself. Struggled to catch easy balls at times. I think Brown will be N.

PARSONS- Man, this kid is a freak. You see why this guy is a 5 star recruit. I think he REALLY enjoyed his visit and I think we'll get an OV from him this fall. We knocked it out of the ball park with him. Praying he's N.

Guys like Bookie, Chase, Wilderman, Farniok looked to have had a great time and I see all staying N. Just my quick takes on the night. GBR

I wasn't able to stay until the end, so I didn't see a lot of the passing drills. But from what I saw in the position drills, Tutt is every bit as good as Bookie. He actually looked quicker out of his break. That guy would be a huge get.

I wasn't able to stay until the end, so I didn't see a lot of the passing drills. But from what I saw in the position drills, Tutt is every bit as good as Bookie. He actually looked quicker out of his break. That guy would be a huge get.

I agree with this. And this isn't a knock on Bookie, I just thing Tutt is very underrated. Bookie definitely has the ball skills that separates him from others. He does a tremendous job at baiting the WR into running exactly where he wants him to and therefore, knows when to break on the ball.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I agree with this. And this isn't a knock on Bookie, I just thing Tutt is very underrated. Bookie definitely has the ball skills that separates him from others. He does a tremendous job at baiting the WR into running exactly where he wants him to and therefore, knows when to break on the ball.
Bookie is more polished right now but Tutt has the potential to be every bit as good! Tutt is slightly bigger and both bring exceptional physicality to the position. Bookie is such a technically sound player and as mentioned, incredible closing speed! It'll be interesting to see what happens with Griffith. Too bad he didn't perform in one on ones. I think papa loved the atmosphere.

Really dumb question that I haven't seen asked yet. I thought we only had one DB spot left. The way I understand the class, Bookie and Chase Williams are our class corners, and the coaches are targeting Tutt as the class safety. So where does Houston Griffith fit into the equation? TIA for response.

Since roster management is my favorite recruiting topic, I'll reply

We lose 4 DBs after this season K Williams, Kalu, C Jones and Boaz. If Blades makes it to Lincoln that leaves us at 10 DBs on scholarship. That isn't even 3 deep. I believe we have room for 5 DBs in this class, not a guarantee to take 5 just room for 5. There are 3 committed, Bookie, C Williams and Goodrich. If Tutt and Griffith want in, you get to 5.

Since roster management is my favorite recruiting topic, I'll reply

We lose 4 DBs after this season K Williams, Kalu, C Jones and Boaz. If Blades makes it to Lincoln that leaves us at 10 DBs on scholarship. That isn't even 3 deep. I believe we have room for 5 DBs in this class, not a guarantee to take 5 just room for 5. There are 3 committed, Bookie, C Williams and Goodrich. If Tutt and Griffith want in, you get to 5.

Got it. I appreciate your response, Tuco. Thank you for clearing that up. I had forgotten about Goodrich as well.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT