ADVERTISEMENT

So what actually is happening with the Football Team ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
does Frost still have them practicing? Helmets only? Is the training table still shut down? With all this daily uncertainty going on about the conference playing or not playing it doesn't seem like you could afford to stop practicing for whatever is allowed to continue by the conference.

And that itself seems kind of stupid rationale by the conference. If teams are allowed to continue practicing how much additional protection does not playing a game once a week offer? It would seem to me the probability of catching the virus would be higher during weekly practices than by playing one actual game.

Reactions: The_Glove_Man
does Frost still have them practicing? Helmets only? Is the training table still shut down? With all this daily uncertainty going on about the conference playing or not playing it doesn't seem like you could afford to stop practicing for whatever is allowed to continue by the conference.

And that itself seems kind of stupid rationale by the conference. If teams are allowed to continue practicing how much additional protection does not playing a game once a week offer? It would seem to me the probability of catching the virus would be higher during weekly practices than by playing one actual game.
Wasn’t the limit 12 hours a week?

That's a good question sir.....I'd like to know too.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
it's like being out alone in the wilderness and all the sudden the hair on the back of your neck starts to rise. you can tell something is about to happen but you dont know it is. all your senses are on hyper alert!!!

And if football was actually happening this Fall I believe Iowa would be practicing. From what a buddy connected to the Iowa program told me, none of the positive tests involved the football team.
Well in the media it was reported that 11 football players were included.

And if football was actually happening this Fall I believe Iowa would be practicing. From what a buddy connected to the Iowa program told me, none of the positive tests involved the football team.
I do not have that inside knowledge. Does your friend know which teams have been hit hard? I've been working out with the swim team (not the same workout, mind you) because they can't have organized workouts, so a little hesitant to keep that up.

Didn’t they cut swimming?

Dang, then who are these guys he's been swimming with?

befunky-collage-sussex-boys-walk-940x480.jpg

More importantly how long will they allow the teams to practice before their able to be ready to play in a game?

Consider the fact that Frost is more in the loop than we are for the simple fact that Moos is plugged into the schedule making process.

He's not constantly worried that a season might "pop up" that he wasn't ready for...teams are going to have a ramp up time same as they planned and started to execute a few weeks ago.

The whole "will we, won't we" is just chum for the message boards. Sir yacht doesn't yield considerable influence within Husker football operations.

Given how little we've heard from Scott himself since he had his William Wallace "never say die" speech a few weeks ago, I'd expect he's mostly in compliance with the parameters of the fall off-season that the league laid out and Alvarez explained to reporters. IE, the 12 hours a week of minimal walk throughs, conditioning and film study.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT