ADVERTISEMENT

So--we could call ourselves BIG Ten champs if we beat Iowa--and

marteau

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 29, 2009
MSU plays Iowa in the champ game. Man, would that start some conversation! --only losses for either team to the Huskers

First we must take care of business on Friday

Iowa in the Champ game--both teams will have their only loss to us.

but--first we must take care of business next Friday

Iowa in the Champ game--both teams will have their only loss to us.

but--first we must take care of business next Friday

no, because they have a better record (took care of business)...but..
it would be nice knowing we would be the only ones to beat both teams in the big 10 champ game. (if we beat iowa, and they both meet there) just because it would mean the cupboard is not bare

Last edited:
Reactions: baseball31ne
Moral victory I suppose for Mr. Riley's first season in Lincoln. I have never seen Iowa win two in a row in Lincoln. Of course, not until this year did I witness a 3-6 Husker team

1958 was a special year for Iowa. Not for Nebraska. Interesting reverse of program tracks in 2015.

peace

It was 44 years ago this season
I attended my first Iowa-Purdue game. Nice ugly win today at Kinnick. One more left for another 8-0 season under KF (2002).

I will be at the game cheering on the Hawkeyes, but I am pretty sure most true Husker fans will not be thinking about moral victory championships. I actually think most true Husker fans will find this quite laughable.

Either way, I will be enjoying the game with some great Husker fans of mine and look forward to a great game in Lincoln.

Go Hawkeyes and look forward to the tailgating in Lincoln, NE!

Iowa is 11-0 and I am not here to rile up the minority but truth be told, Iowa is playing in the Big Ten Championship and I am pretty sure Marteau that the Huskers are playing to get there 6th win and a potential bowl game. I expect a great game in Lincoln, NE but I am pretty sure that most Husker fans would look at a Iowa win as a stepping stone of momentum going into the next season rather then a moral Championship of being a team that went 6-6 and beat Mich. St. and Iowa.

Fact is, I think most Nebraska fans expect to be in the Championship game rather then looking up at Iowa in the Big Ten Championship game.

I may be in the small majority, but I really like your head coach, and I expect him to do some great things at Nebraska in the coming years. Keep your expectations high as you have a storied program, instead of looking for moral victories.

If you beat Iowa, then you beat a good team, end of story. Any team that can get to 11-0, is no slouch, even if it is what some call in Nebraska, your junior varisty team to the east.

I look forward to a great game and a great college tailgate in experience in Lincoln, NE as I have experienced my last 2 times there.

Happy turkey day, and may the better team win. I will take my Hawkeyes!

To call ourselves B1G champs would be totally ridiculous. Sounds like a little league team who wins one game all year and it happens to be against the best team in the league. It is nothing more than a way to pump up the self esteem rather than be a true measure of earning a real championship. Earn the darn thing by winning games for crying out loud. This kind of talk sounds so nuts.

Reactions: 94husker
For those in this thread that didn't catch a person being tongue in cheek, let me be the first to inform you that the OP was being tongue in cheek.

More than anything I think most of us look at the possibility of beating Iowa as a great springboard to next season. Without the extensive number of injuries this year, we probably end up with 9 or 10 wins and a great opportunity to play in the B1G Championship game. We'll have to wait until next year.

Only a Husker fan thinks this way, which is why most of the country giggles at Husker fans and love to rile them up (which is VERY easy to do). Reminds me a little bit of the young kids today who are offended at the slightest of things. So, too, is an average Husker fan.

Only in your dark basement room, with one desk, chair and a red computer, with 1990s souvenir cups, shot glasses, filing cabinets magnets, posters and a photo shopped picture of you and Mr. Osborne does this concept become a reality for you.

.Life is not always fair,or accommodating.This season has been an eye opener of how fragile a good record can be.One or two swings of luck or bad karma is more the norm to put games into the loss column.That the kids have not packed it in means more to me then making the Iowa game a must win.I respect this team more then some of our teams with much better records in the past.

Reactions: Eternal Return
For those in this thread that didn't catch a person being tongue in cheek, let me be the first to inform you that the OP was being tongue in cheek.

More than anything I think most of us look at the possibility of beating Iowa as a great springboard to next season. Without the extensive number of injuries this year, we probably end up with 9 or 10 wins and a great opportunity to play in the B1G Championship game. We'll have to wait until next year.
So true... Yet ppilate doesn't see it even when you gift wrap it for him.
Only a Husker fan thinks this way, which is why most of the country giggles at Husker fans and love to rile them up (which is VERY easy to do). Reminds me a little bit of the young kids today who are offended at the slightest of things. So, too, is an average Husker fan.
He kind of reminds me a little bit of someone trying to stir the pot but completely whiffs in his attempt.

So true... Yet ppilate doesn't see it even when you gift wrap it for him.

He kind of reminds me a little bit of someone trying to stir the pot but completely whiffs in his attempt.
Oh, I think a lot of your own fans didn't take this tongue in cheek based on the responses. Having said that, I am just flipping you sh*t. All in good fun as its only a game after all. Should be a good game on Friday and, as an Iowa fan, this game worries me. I realize the Huskers would LOVE to spoil our perfect season, as any team would if they were in the position to do so.

Reactions: timnsun
Iowa is 11-0 and I am not here to rile up the minority but truth be told, Iowa is playing in the Big Ten Championship and I am pretty sure Marteau that the Huskers are playing to get there 6th win and a potential bowl game. I expect a great game in Lincoln, NE but I am pretty sure that most Husker fans would look at a Iowa win as a stepping stone of momentum going into the next season rather then a moral Championship of being a team that went 6-6 and beat Mich. St. and Iowa.

Fact is, I think most Nebraska fans expect to be in the Championship game rather then looking up at Iowa in the Big Ten Championship game.

I may be in the small majority, but I really like your head coach, and I expect him to do some great things at Nebraska in the coming years. Keep your expectations high as you have a storied program, instead of looking for moral victories.

If you beat Iowa, then you beat a good team, end of story. Any team that can get to 11-0, is no slouch, even if it is what some call in Nebraska, your junior varisty team to the east.

I look forward to a great game and a great college tailgate in experience in Lincoln, NE as I have experienced my last 2 times there.

Happy turkey day, and may the better team win. I will take my Hawkeyes!
I expect a good game also neither team is going to roll over both have something to play for, with that said winning this game has a very good Iowa team very motivated.

They will be in Lincoln to win, collect the trophy and leave town getting ready for the next game.

The "taking care of business tour 2015" is doing just that, take no prisoners just trophy's.

Oh, I think a lot of your own fans didn't take this tongue in cheek based on the responses. Having said that, I am just flipping you sh*t. All in good fun as its only a game after all. Should be a good game on Friday and, as an Iowa fan, this game worries me. I realize the Huskers would LOVE to spoil our perfect season, as any team would if they were in the position to do so.
Yeah, you're right about that. Plenty of people reading into the OP's words...

I hope that it is a good game. I think if we play well it will be a good game. If not, we get shown the door pretty easily. I'm not worried about Iowa playing well. It seems like Iowa has been consistent all season and won't shoot themselves in the foot. Looking forward to a good game as well!

Reactions: Eternal Return
Just like the Chiefs were the NFL champs last year because they beat the Patriots and the Seahawks in the regular season.

MSU plays Iowa in the champ game. Man, would that start some conversation! --only losses for either team to the Huskers

No.
Not even close.
2nd to last, losing to the last place team.
You are what your record says you are.

20150821__23DCSNEBw~3_400.jpg

It wasn't Black Friday, but 1990 Colorado vs. Nebraska at Lincoln ... Buffaloes won the rivalry and went onto a very nice trophy ...

Nebraska was a Top 10 program at the time ... not 5-6 like 2015.

peace

20150821__23DCSNEBw~3_400.jpg

It wasn't Black Friday, but 1990 Colorado vs. Nebraska at Lincoln ... Buffaloes won the rivalry and went onto a very nice trophy ...

Nebraska was a Top 10 program at the time ... not 5-6 like 2015.

peace
Why are you cluttering the board with all of these weird attempts to draw parallels to the past?

...and if you close your eyes, and click your heels together 3 times while saying, "There's no place like home", you can leave OZ and go back to Kansas.

No, I'm afraid we're gonna have to take a cue from our Cub fan brethren and spout that all too familiar phrase, " Maybe next year".

With this logic, I think a one-loss Sparty team could lead us to the National Championship.

Hellz yeah! Hang the banners boys!

That would be something wouldn't it? It would be frustrating knowing you are good enough to beat the best teams in the league but come up short with the rest. Here is to a good clean hard fought game on Friday that is not decided by the refs! May the better team win (That would be the Hawks ;) )

That would be something wouldn't it? It would be frustrating knowing you are good enough to beat the best teams in the league but come up short with the rest. Here is to a good clean hard fought game on Friday that is not decided by the refs! May the better team win (That would be the Hawks ;) )

I too hope the refs stay invisible. They have a tendency to want to be center stage far too often.

Can any Husker fan that starts a thread about being Big Ten Champs or how this is a great season please be banned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT