ADVERTISEMENT

So, the Pelini Cornhusker basement story is made up, eh?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is Bo's ghost is still here. There are many fans hanging on to Bo as if he were an icon coach of some sort. The firing of Bo fractured the fan base. This back and forth thread just goes to show that the fracture still exists. That is what Bo accomplished. Riley not winning at all let alone at a high level just poured salt on the wound.

This hiring of Frost is/was about the only hire that could mend this rift and pull this fan base back together again.

People need to realize that the wrong hiring of Riley does not mean the firing of Bo was incorrect. It is time now for the Pro-Bo fans to let go of Bo and embrace Frost and the same with the people that wanted Bo gone.

I am not going to turn this post into whether either side is wrong or right. I am going to say it is time for both sides to let go and embrace what is now. It is the Frost era now and time for BIG RED Fans to become ONE again!

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. Callahan sucked. Bo sucked. Riley sucked. Doesn't really matter who sucked the most. They all sucked as HC at Nebraska. Hopefully Frost can unite this fanbase and win.

I don't recall a happy moment, I just recall the ass chewings...but he wins, so he's not a psychopath???
Exactly, just look at how psychotic Urban Meyer got after his qb got ran into by a cameraman. Thinking about it, most coaches are raging psychopaths. That's just the nature of the job. People want to paint Pelini as a lunatic... who cares? Most coaches are.

What about being found passed out drunk in a bathroom stall (at Old Chicago I think)? That must've actually happened, right? ...way too specific to be made up. Regardless, he still couldn't stop the run, taught bad tackling and never developed a consistent offense.

Reactions: cardinals38
Exactly, just look at how psychotic Urban Meyer got after his qb got ran into by a cameraman. Thinking about it, most coaches are raging psychopaths. That's just the nature of the job. People want to paint Pelini as a lunatic... who cares? Most coaches are.
First, I disagree that MOST coaches are raging psychopaths. Even if this were true, Pelini was still worse than even most raging psychopathic coaches in my opinion.

Second, it doesn’t make Pelini’s behavior acceptable. As has been asked many times before, with no satisfactory answer from anyone, why hasn’t Pelini been offered any other P5 job? Or even interviewed for any? If he isn’t viewed in a negative light by ADs, why hasn’t he been offered a job elsewhere? He won 9 or 10 games a year for 7 years with us... that should have made him a hot commodity this year, especially with all of the openings.

The fact he didn’t even get a sniff tells me all I need to know about Bo.

Quit using this phrase incorrectly. Unless you actually have a bit of caring left.
Could care less is perfectly fine. It's an idiom and there's a lot of other idioms used in everyday language. The board enforcers have to demand everything be their way.

Could care less is perfectly fine. It's an idiom and there's a lot of other idioms used in everyday language. The board enforcers have to demand everything be their way.
It is not an idiom. It is the incorrect usage of a common exclamation. The words in their own right used correctly convey exactly what one means. To say "I could care less" literally means "I could care less". There is no other interpretation.

Its funny that every thread or post bashing Bo seems to come from the Riley apologists. I guess if you keep repeating over and over how bad Bo was......somehow 4-8 is a great season.

Reactions: oldjar07
Its funny that every thread or post bashing Bo seems to come from the Riley apologists. I guess if you keep repeating over and over how bad Bo was......somehow 4-8 is a great season.
No that’s wrong... Riley turned out to be a disaster.. just not as a person

Speaking correctly is not something that people are being picky about. It's about saying something without sounding ignorant. I don't care how old oldjar is. Never stop learning.

If one says that they "couldn't care less" that means that a person is saying that they are showing complete indifference. "Could care less" means (and nobody ever says this unless they're using "couldn't care less" incorrectly) means that you still have some interest on the topic, because "you could care less".

Reactions: HuskerO
All Riley's failures which there were quite many do not make Bo a better coach than he was. Also does not mean Bo was a good person to be around for many people while he was here! I truly do not understand why anyone wants to sit and compare anything about Bo with anything about Riley. Neither were successful and both of them had many faults.

Husker O nailed it when discussing them. The time is now to get on the Husker Train led by Frost and leave the past 15 years of coaching in the past! MOVE ON people. Riley and Pelini are BOTH GONE!

It’s equally funny that if anybody bashes Bo the anti-Riley people automatically believe the Bo-basher thinks 4-8 is a great season.

Wait, that’s not funny... that’s just plain stupid to assume that.

Win or GTFO

It’s equally funny that if anybody bashes Bo the anti-Riley people automatically believe the Bo-basher thinks 4-8 is a great season.

Wait, that’s not funny... that’s just plain stupid to assume that.

Its also just as stupid to believe that if you hated the job that Riley did we automatically like Bo. All I know is it seems like whenever Bo is brought up it has usually been brought up by a poster who has been a traditional Riley supporter. Why he even needs to be brought up at this junction I don't understand. We still have people blaming Riley's failures on Bo saying he started the downward spiral.

Its also just as stupid to believe that if you hated the job that Riley did we automatically like Bo. All I know is it seems like whenever Bo is brought up it has usually been brought up by a poster who has been a traditional Riley supporter. Why he even needs to be brought up at this junction I don't understand. We still have people blaming Riley's failures on Bo saying he started the downward spiral.
I’ve never once stated a Riley hater is automatically a Bo lover. Never.

Which posters are still saying riley’s troubles are Bo’s fault? I know that was common his first year and even year two, but most have said year 3 is on Riley. A ton of Riley supporters realized as 2017 unfolded that he wasn’t he answer and said as much. Far more than those who still supported him and wanted him to stay. You grab on to a few posters and make it out to be everyone who supported Riley. That’s simply not even close to true.

Soooo... we can agree that:
- bo was a jerk who DID win 9 games a year but could be counted on to get blown out several times a year and act like a fool on numerous occasions
- mike was a nice guy who brought some needed degree of civility to the proceedings but increasingly looked lost and defeated?
Good... merry Christmas!​

I swear people keep trying to reinvent Coach Pelini, to make him to be considerably better than he was. If anything we should have fired him a few years before we did. Having Riley as head coach does not make it any less necessary. Same thing with the Solich/Callahan event. Hind sight is great. Too bad no one ever has that ability in present time. Hopefully, Coach Frost will be successful and Husker Nation will give him time to make progress. Thanks OP for setting things straight.
Fans need not worry that Frost will embarrass us like Pelini and Riley did

What about being found passed out drunk in a bathroom stall (at Old Chicago I think)? That must've actually happened, right? ...way too specific to be made up. Regardless, he still couldn't stop the run, taught bad tackling and never developed a consistent offense.
Bo-Pelini-Drunk.jpg

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Speaking correctly is not something that people are being picky about. It's about saying something without sounding ignorant. I don't care how old oldjar is. Never stop learning.

If one says that they "couldn't care less" that means that a person is saying that they are showing complete indifference. "Could care less" means (and nobody ever says this unless they're using "couldn't care less" incorrectly) means that you still have some interest on the topic, because "you could care less".
Could care less has a sarcastic undertone, and is not meant to be taken literally. But I guess somebody like you couldn't understand that. Could care less is used by just as many people as couldn't care less. But go ahead and keep thinking all those people are wrong and ignorant.

Soooo... we can agree that:
- bo was a jerk who DID win 9 games a year but could be counted on to get blown out several times a year and act like a fool on numerous occasions
- mike was a nice guy who brought some needed degree of civility to the proceedings but increasingly looked lost and defeated?
Good... merry Christmas!​
I disagree that we ever needed a nice guy. Lots of coaches are jerks, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't know why posters here have to keep posting about how much of a jerk Bo was when he did a decent job in terms of win percentage. Saban and Meyer are just as big of jerks as Pelini ever was, and I'd take both of them in a heartbeat.

I disagree that we ever needed a nice guy. Lots of coaches are jerks, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't know why posters here have to keep posting about how much of a jerk Bo was when he did a decent job in terms of win percentage. Saban and Meyer are just as big of jerks as Pelini ever was, and I'd take both of them in a heartbeat.
That’s rich... using Saban and Meyer in your comparison of Bo. I can pretty much guarantee you that everyone here would take Saban or Meyer. They are winners. Period. What has Bo won? He’s come close, but what has he won?

Here’s the bottom line... if you’re gonna be a jerk, you better win enough that people overlook the jerkiness. Bo couldn’t do that. And he still gets vilified for it as a result, much to your dismay. That’s just how it goes...

Reactions: HuskerO
That’s rich... using Saban and Meyer in your comparison of Bo. I can pretty much guarantee you that everyone here would take Saban or Meyer. They are winners. Period. What has Bo won? He’s come close, but what has he won?

Here’s the bottom line... if you’re gonna be a jerk, you better win enough that people overlook the jerkiness. Bo couldn’t do that. And he still gets vilified for it as a result, much to your dismay. That’s just how it goes...
Yeah, that's probably true. I just don't care if he was a jerk or not. Callahan and Riley have set this program back a lot more than Pelini ever did.

Yeah, that's probably true. I just don't care if he was a jerk or not. Callahan and Riley have set this program back a lot more than Pelini ever did.
Can’t argue this... I think Callahan showed some potential with his recruiting, but he couldn’t get rid of the dead weight he needed to.

Saban and Meyer are just as big of jerks as Pelini ever was
Doubt it. Go look at all the jerk stuff Bo has done and compare them to Saban & Meyer. And I'm not talking about yelling at players and assistant coaches as that never bothered any fan.

Callahan and Riley have set this program back a lot more than Pelini ever did.
Which isn't that far back.

no shit, time to move on people with the new era of husker football. who gives a crap what Callahan, peebody, and howdy doody did or didn't do, get on the train or get left behind, move forward please.

no shit, time to move on people with the new era of husker football. who gives a crap what Callahan, peebody, and howdy doody did or didn't do, get on the train or get left behind, move forward please.
Exactly......but look at the thread title and who started it. one of our staunch supporters of Riley who continually tries to stir the pot on Bo. Seems to think that will miraculously dismiss everything MR did.

Reactions: oldjar07
Exactly......but look at the thread title and who started it. one of our staunch supporters of Riley who continually tries to stir the pot on Bo. Seems to think that will miraculously dismiss everything MR did.
Most people on here know that I am a critic of coachdubs and no fan of his posting style. Indeed, I am on his ignore list. But I have to say I don't think you are being fair here. He was not a "staunch supporter" of Riley. He just honestly thought that all coaches should be given four years to prove themselves. He was a defender of treating coaches fairly and not rushing to judgment. I did not agree with that view, but it is one I can respect. In no way was he, or is he, trying to "dismiss" Riley's mistakes.
Anyway... Merry Christmas

Most people on here know that I am a critic of coachdubs and no fan of his posting style. Indeed, I am on his ignore list. But I have to say I don't think you are being fair here. He was not a "staunch supporter" of Riley. He just honestly thought that all coaches should be given four years to prove themselves. He was a defender of treating coaches fairly and not rushing to judgment. I did not agree with that view, but it is one I can respect. In no way was he, or is he, trying to "dismiss" Riley's mistakes.
Anyway... Merry Christmas

Supporting the last staff was an ongoing occurrence in his posts and more often then not with references towards Bo on a regular basis. I disagree that it was as simple as believing in 4 years. Thinking you automatically deserve 4 years when you didn't deserve the first 3 years is pretty shallow. Just my opinion though.

Could care less has a sarcastic undertone, and is not meant to be taken literally. But I guess somebody like you couldn't understand that. Could care less is used by just as many people as couldn't care less. But go ahead and keep thinking all those people are wrong and ignorant.

Ignorant is ignorant. I get sarcasm. I use it all the time. Maybe it's YOU that doesn't understand sarcasm or ignorance. But carry on...

Ignorant is ignorant. I get sarcasm. I use it all the time. Maybe it's YOU that doesn't understand sarcasm or ignorance. But carry on...
Apparently you don't because you're the one who is ignorant in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT