ADVERTISEMENT

So, the Pelini Cornhusker basement story is made up, eh?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachDubs

Sophomore
Aug 15, 2016
First time a media member put it in print.

Two months later came a more serious incident. On Oct. 16, 2010, the morning of Nebraska’s showdown with Texas, Pelini contacted and summoned a Husker fan to the basement of the team hotel. This man supported the program, but he’d also shared inside information on a message board. Pelini confronted him as the team waited outside on the bus.

The incident, which got back to NU administrators, looked worse after the heavily favored Huskers face-planted against their burnt orange nemesis.

Article right here

Like always, it eventually comes out. Oh, and to the haters...

tenor.gif

From the guy who once posted a Pelini pic (on-field) after a big win, pretending Bo was shaking his hand...

Lol

Why hate on Bo? Especially when you once worshipped the guy.

Bo had his faults, for sure. He is a hothead. His brother is a crackhead.

But he can coach. Period.

It was if you happen to be on the board at that time and place...

The guy it happened to even E-Mailed me and told me the story FWIW.
You think maybe the same guy who mass emailed hundreds of Husker fans about the fairy tale couldn't have contacted Dirk Chatelin and told him the same story?

I thought it was common knowledge.

It's in print, so now it's "official". That's how this board works, for the losers. I caught a shit ton of flack over this for 7 years.

The guy it happened to even E-Mailed me and told me the story FWIW.

IMO, someone trolled you. The person it happened to isn't one to email this incident. Especially to someone on an anonymous message board.

It's in print, so now it's "official". That's how this board works, for the losers. I caught a shit ton of flack over this for 7 years.

IMO, someone trolled you. The person it happened to isn't one to email this incident. Especially to someone on an anonymous message board.

It seemed legit and he was a poster on the board, but I'll take you're word for it whether he was or wasn't. ;)

Two months later came a more serious incident. On Oct. 16, 2010, the morning of Nebraska’s showdown with Texas, Pelini contacted and summoned a Husker fan to the basement of the team hotel. This man supported the program, but he’d also shared inside information on a message board. Pelini confronted him as the team waited outside on the bus.

The incident, which got back to NU administrators, looked worse after the heavily favored Huskers face-planted against their burnt orange nemesis.

Article right here

tenor.gif
I'm glad someone finally had the balls to put it out on print. Good to see the people that doubted you over the years finally get well-deserved crow.

I swear people keep trying to reinvent Coach Pelini, to make him to be considerably better than he was. If anything we should have fired him a few years before we did. Having Riley as head coach does not make it any less necessary. Same thing with the Solich/Callahan event. Hind sight is great. Too bad no one ever has that ability in present time. Hopefully, Coach Frost will be successful and Husker Nation will give him time to make progress. Thanks OP for setting things straight.

Article right here

tenor.gif

Who was the poster?

Yeah, Bo is a hothead. We already knew that.

But to comment on the actual point of the article, if you see any coaches (or even players for that matter) around Lincoln, act like an adult please and don't bother them. Have some dignity and don't be autograph guy, for the love of god.

You think maybe the same guy who mass emailed hundreds of Husker fans about the fairy tale couldn't have contacted Dirk Chatelin and told him the same story?
It was corroborated by several prominent members on the pay board. It happened. Then we go out and lose at home to a terrible Texas team that we wanted revenge on for months. That epitomized Bo’s tenure.

I swear people keep trying to reinvent Coach Pelini, to make him to be considerably better than he was. If anything we should have fired him a few years before we did. Having Riley as head coach does not make it any less necessary. Same thing with the Solich/Callahan event. Hind sight is great. Too bad no one ever has that ability in present time. Hopefully, Coach Frost will be successful and Husker Nation will give him time to make progress. Thanks OP for setting things straight.
Thank you and Merry Christmas!!!

Good coaches do it all the time.

If they couldn’t there would be no reason to play the games. Just compare rivals composite rankings across the programs and higher number wins. Could save a lot of effort that way.

Pelini gets credit for beating every team he had more talent than. Something Riley and Callahan could not do.

Unfortunately, I don’t think he ever beat a team that he did not have the talent edge on. If he did I don’t recall it.

Because a writer cannot do that. They lose all credibility if they print something they are unable to substantiate and would be looking for another profession. No way this story gets written unless confirmed by probably three sources this much later.

Hate to be a wet blanket, but the writer doesn't say where he got the Bo story. How do you know that he isn't just reciting some famous old hearsay in the article?

Considering this writer has used the sources information over the last several years, including the most recent "Philadelphia question" during the press conference, your speculation is just that, speculation.

Because a writer cannot do that. They lose all credibility if they print something they are unable to substantiate and would be looking for another profession. No way this story gets written unless confirmed by probably three sources this much later.

You're being sarcastic right?

Hate to be a wet blanket, but the writer doesn't say where he got the Bo story. How do you know that he isn't just reciting some famous old hearsay in the article?
Do you really think a writer like Dirk, who writes for one of the major news outlets in this state would jeopardize his job and reputation by writing something like this without verifying its validity first? Good grief, the denial in this thread is unreal.

If it's written in an article, it must be true. They've never been wrong before.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT