ADVERTISEMENT

So Sean signs off

konaki

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2002
I know Callahan has finally say farewell to Rivals and it got me wondering about something. How many posters on this site gave up their membership on the old RSS or as it's called now "Insiders". I gave mine up because it was becoming more of a clique rather than an open forum to discuss one's views.

You could get run off as many tried to do to some of the posters who knew what they were talking about and had real information. I will never buy a subscription to insiders even though their is good journalism and stories about Nebraska athletics.

I know Callahan has finally say farewell to Rivals and it got me wondering about something. How many posters on this site gave up their membership on the old RSS or as it's called now "Insiders". I gave mine up because it was becoming more of a clique rather than an open forum to discuss one's views.

You could get run off as many tried to do to some of the posters who knew what they were talking about and had real information. I will never buy a subscription to insiders even though their is good journalism and stories about Nebraska athletics.
Bo’s paranoia and recruiting killed the Red Sea Scrolls.

I was on their for maybe 10 years. From about the time Solich ended to about the time that it was obvious that Bo was an awful recruiter and was letting nepotism outweigh talent.

The lack of real recruitment for Drew Ott and the offer to Sam Cotton will always be what sums up Bo’s recruiting for me.

Looking back at this now, the 2011 recruiting class really changed Bo. That was supposed to be a top notch class. At the time, it was loaded. That was the class we were capitalizing in on all of the Suh fame. But then the 2011 star power class didn’t materialize really. So many busts. I think this is when Bo said screw the highly recruited kids. And this is when RSS became not worth $.

I remember when I canceled (back then you had to cal to cancel) the begged me to stay. They said HuskerOnline was setting records everyday on rivals for cancellations.

But having said all that, I’m glad SC is off rivals. He was never my favorite. Matter of fact I believe him and Sip started @ Rivals and LJS the same year. The year we started sucking

Bo’s paranoia and recruiting killed the Red Sea Scrolls.

I was on their for maybe 10 years. From about the time Solich ended to about the time that it was obvious that Bo was an awful recruiter and was letting nepotism outweigh talent.

The lack of real recruitment for Drew Ott and the offer to Sam Cotton will always be what sums up Bo’s recruiting for me.

Looking back at this now, the 2011 recruiting class really changed Bo. That was supposed to be a top notch class. At the time, it was loaded. That was the class we were capitalizing in on all of the Suh fame. But then the 2011 star power class didn’t materialize really. So many busts. I think this is when Bo said screw the highly recruited kids. And this is when RSS became not worth $.

I remember when I canceled (back then you had to cal to cancel) the begged me to stay. They said HuskerOnline was setting records everyday on rivals for cancellations.

But having said all that, I’m glad SC is off rivals. He was never my favorite. Matter of fact I believe him and Sip started @ Rivals and LJS the same year. The year we started sucking
Thanks, good to hear your story.

I used to care to know all the details of the program, but now I have a wait-and-see wins-and-losses approach that doesn't need any additional information.

Ona somewhat related note the new RSS over at on3 is a freaking cesspool. I’m not sure I’ve actually made it through a single thread from start to finish.
Their free board is dead. I get that it is new. My guess is that it's going to be hard to start a new board. Message boards are not popular these days like they were 20 years ago. Almost all relevant information gets released within a day. Rivals and 24/7 are firmly entrenched. I'm happy here just to hang out and discuss Nebraska sports on the free board.

Their free board is dead. I get that it is new. My guess is that it's going to be hard to start a new board. Message boards are not popular these days like they were 20 years ago. Almost all relevant information gets released within a day. Rivals and 24/7 are firmly entrenched. I'm happy here just to hang out and discuss Nebraska sports on the free board.

They also did that $1 membership deal, so I’m sure a lot of people that would have been on their free board will be on RSS the first year.

Meh, I was a huge Husker fan my whole life and was a long time premium member. The board got worse, and then utterly useless as we have sucked sick for the worst 4 year stretch ever. And then we get rewarded with the same coach… I’ll never pay again because Nebraska is a fvcking shit show

Ona somewhat related note the new RSS over at on3 is a freaking cesspool. I’m not sure I’ve actually made it through a single thread from start to finish.
on3 NIL dollar value per recruit is dumb and really rubs me the wrong way. Something disturbing about what one should pay for an 18 year old seems ridiculous and very arbitrary. I get it; on3 needs to have something to offer that rivals/247/ESPN don’t have. But it’s one thing to talk stars but another to talk cheddar.

Reactions: headcard
There are a couple posters on the paid board, 2 in particular that make it pretty tough to read at times. That being said I like the new publishers.

I will say that Sean C was a much better promoter. The tunnel talk and pinned threads were always delivered in a suspenseful way which made it seem like it was really good value.

I think the new team brings just as much content but sometimes it’s presented in a dry, matter of fact way which doesn’t make it seem as exciting.

There are a couple posters on the paid board, 2 in particular that make it pretty tough to read at times. That being said I like the new publishers.

I will say that Sean C was a much better promoter. The tunnel talk and pinned threads were always delivered in a suspenseful way which made it seem like it was really good value.

I think the new team brings just as much content but sometimes it’s presented in a dry, matter of fact way which doesn’t make it seem as exciting.
Matter of preference, I suppose, but I’d rather have news/information presented in a matter of fact way, especially when as of late, we all know that that news/information will, more or less, be the same hard to stomach crap that it’s been for years. Again, to each their own, but I’d rather not have someone try to artificially pump me up for something that I know will be more of the same.

Ask me again if/when the Huskers start playing better. Might be easier to get excited about the promotion by then.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Matter of preference, I suppose, but I’d rather have news/information presented in a matter of fact way, especially when as of late, we all know that that news/information will, more or less, be the same hard to stomach crap that it’s been for years. Again, to each their own, but I’d rather not have someone try to artificially pump me up for something that I know will be more of the same.

Ask me again if/when the Huskers start playing better. Might be easier to get excited about the promotion by then.
I agree but I don’t really mean sunshine pumpers vs straight shooters. Poor phrasing on my part. Just that the new team could work on their marketing.

For example, we have been in on a few fairly big recruits lately. Instead of updates like, “Huskers make top 3 for big time __”, I see more “So and so 4* updates their recruitment”.

From a clicks perspective, one is going to get a lot more views from husker fans.

Reactions: tdierberger
They also did that $1 membership deal, so I’m sure a lot of people that would have been on their free board will be on RSS the first year.
to me, the small amount of time I spent over there has been very revealing.. enough so that I think there are more sheep (putting it nicely) on the paid boards than on the free ones. At least on the free boards there are some smart people who can think for themselves.. the paid group seem to be really high on the retarded scale.

I don’t know. Back in the day I really looked forward to Tunnel Talk coming out. The truth is I don’t care to follow recruiting that close these days. For whatever reason, so many of our bigger name recruits don’t pan out and we end up starting walk-ons anyway. That and it’s been hard to want to follow a bottom-feeding B1G team with that sort of passion.

Last edited:
I don’t know. Back in the day I really looked forward to Tunnel Talk coming out. The truth is I don’t care to follow recruiting that close these days. For whatever reason, so many of our bigger name recruits don’t pan out and we end up starting walk on‘s anyway. That and it’s been hard to want to follow a bottom-feeding B1G team with that sort of passion.
I’m with you. If the product on field would improve, it would be easier to allow myself to get excited again. As is, just give me the fact minus hoopla.

Reactions: EastOregonHusker
I don’t know. Back in the day I really looked forward to Tunnel Talk coming out. The truth is I don’t care to follow recruiting that close these days. For whatever reason, so many of our bigger name recruits don’t pan out and we end up starting walk-ons anyway. That and it’s been hard to want to follow a bottom-feeding B1G team with that sort of passion.
The fact is traditional recruiting doesn't mean as much these days in terms of importance. With the transfer portal rules now most of those initial recruits are not likely to stick around thru their senior year. But recruiting the transfers from the portal has taken on new meaning.

As an example, over one third of this year's scholarship players were not on last year's team. That's a huge new dynamic in roster turnover.

The fact is traditional recruiting doesn't mean as much these days in terms of importance. With the transfer portal rules now most of those initial recruits are not likely to stick around thru their senior year. But recruiting the transfers from the portal has taken on new meaning.

As an example, over one third of this year's scholarship players were not on last year's team. That's a huge new dynamic in roster turnover.
The transfer portal is the area where rivals is falling behind for sure. I just don’t need to see a $ value on it. They aren’t stock. They are people. Even when I look at free agents in MLB/NFL. They rank by talent not by price

Last edited:
I think people need to slow down and see how much of an impact the transfers truly have on the program. Just because someone transfers doesn’t mean they are going to perform at the next school.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
to me, the small amount of time I spent over there has been very revealing.. enough so that I think there are more sheep (putting it nicely) on the paid boards than on the free ones. At least on the free boards there are some smart people who can think for themselves.. the paid group seem to be really high on the retarded scale.

I have always liked the talk on the HuskerMax BBS, but some crazy stuff going on over there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT