ADVERTISEMENT

So, Scott Frost regrets taking the Nebraska job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida sucks
Completely agree, my dinner view is TERRIBLE! Life in the 239.

DDneAuF.jpg

Reactions: Knight_Light
I always love hearing the notion of how much easier it is to recruit at a school like UCF. Frost literally landed more 4 stars at Nebraska in a two month span than UCF has pulled in close to a decade.
A lot of good those four stars are doing us.

I don't think Frost has time for regrets. As for UCF, last year proved to Frost as clear as daylight that they will never have a chance at a national championship.
but they did win a MNC

It keeps the whiny tourists away.

You sound like an expert.

What would keep the whiny, obnoxious directional Florida college golden knights fans away from this board?

It obviously hurts you that despite what you insist is a far better school, in a far better state, with far better climate and scenery, and a program “currently” in far better shape, that you got spurned by a coach and still can’t sell out your tiny and poorly built “stadium”

All of those alleged benefits and he still left. 16 wins in a row and still on the outside looking in. All of the hype about the Golden knights and yet most would still say the expansion Vegas NHL team are the real Golden Knights.

I understand the inferiority complex. Some people here might find you and your ilk annoying. I just find you sad and pathetic. How can you be so sad living so close to the happiest place on earth?

I get the need to post here too. On a board people actually read. Makes you feel less lonely doesnt it little guy? Maybe fills that void that 5 National Championships , or even one real one, might fill?

Buck up little camper. Every dog has his day. Some day maybe middle florida can get a season of last chance U on netflix like the other directional schools.

He is not coming back because there is no need for him at UCF anymore, UCF made him a lot of money, money he never would have been in a position to make anywhere else.
Our shitbag AD wiffed on Frost the first time, he coulda been coaching in China and he still would be ours at 5mil a year. How stupid are you people?

I find it comical the UCF "fans" bash Nebraska non stop for bringing up our 60 years of successful past. Yet in the next breath they fall back on their 2 years of "historic" past. Not only is it hypocritical, it is pathetic to hang ones hat on two years of success and try to demand respect from the rest of the football world.

I find it funny that if UCF is so insignificant, that there are multiple threads about UCF on a Nebraska board.

Little kids might dream of going to Disney World, but I don't know a single person who dreams of living in Orlando, Florida.
The only people I know who love Fl are in their 60s. I can think of many other places in the country I would rather be. Yes, Nebraska is one of them.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I find it funny that if UCF is so insignificant, that there are multiple threads about UCF on a Nebraska board.

I found one UCF topic on the first two pages. And it was in regards to their game vs FAU in which they were the only football game on TV at that point. Do you feel Nebraska is significant?

Reactions: EATAFAT1
Scott makes about 65K more a week here than he did in Orlando and his assistants make an average of 5K more per week than they did in Orlando. Here Scott can compete for National Titles and unless something changes UCF will never be given that chance. Here Scott has the resources to hire the best support staff in the country the best nutritionist in the country, in Orlando his buddy Jarrod Lambrecht had to be the nutritionist with no formal training. Here Scott has top notch fan support and has more job security than he would ever have anywhere else in the entire country. Here he gets to see his parents whenever he wants, in Orlando he got to see them twice a year. Here he gets to the opportunity to bring his alma mater back to national prominence. There he gets a chance to play Memphis or USF for a chance to go to a New Year's 6 bowl. Regrets? Please.

As an UCF fan I try to be a realist. We all knew UCF was a stepping stone and he would one day move on if he was successful. That happened faster than we expected and so he is gone. We have two choices. Either be successful and lose our head coach or be unsuccessful and keep him. I hope we continue to lose our coaches until we get into a p5 conference. We would love to have the money the p5's have. I think we would be in the top 25 most years and in the playoffs from time to time.

The only people I know who love Fl are in their 60s. I can think of many other places in the country I would rather be. Yes, Nebraska is one of them.

Yeah, I can understand old folks wanting to spend winters on a beach in Naples. But dreaming of living full-time in a traffic-ridden city full of theme park tourists? Not sure about that.

If someone offered to double their salary to leave Orlando for Middle America, I don't think many athletic directors would hesitate. Especially for the chance to take over one of the few athletic departments that easily turn a profit.

Reactions: husker2612
The facts are all accurate, don't get butthurt because a writer based around the UCF campus writes a story many UCF fans want to read.

How many Nebraska fans bombarded the UCF board during their historic season? Imagine if it happened in reverse, you know there would be a Lincoln writer doing the same.

Bombarded???? Not a strong enough word. Last year you had fans come to UCF games wearing Nebraska jerseys... How disrespectful and arrogant can your fan base be???

You get what you deserve. Enjoy mediocrity.

I don't understand the correlation. Why do we think Scott Frost has regrets when he has told us point blank that he came here to accomplish greatness at his home school. So because the team is 0-3 we assume there are regrets? Missing something and regretting it are two very different things and I haven't seen one even minor piece of evidence that suggests Frost has regrets.

While I do agree the author is a virgin, I think his/her point was that Frost really enjoyed MAKING history at UCF (first ever undefeated season, National Champion, etc...), while Nebraska has already been there, done that.

Frost can't make history at Nebraska...because everything has already been done.

While Frost's heart was always in Lincoln just remember this...it wook a $35 Million Contract to entice him to "come home". Zero hometown discount...something that should be asked "why?" His wouldn't come home for $20 Million? or $25 Million? or even $30 Million? If so, why not?

Outside of having 1 great season the programs are virtually identical over the last 10 years. Also keep in mind this is arguable one of our worst 5-10 years over the last 60 plus.
Just sayin'
*Thanks to Remeniscence U for the math catch. Why I shouldn't post quickly while at work.

UCF has had 2 great seasons in the last 5 (and a 3rd conf title in that short span too)....2013 team went 12-1 and won the BCS Fiesta Bowl over #6 Big 12 Champ Baylor, 52-42.

UCF is actually one of the few teams nationwide that has 2 BCS/NYD6 Bowl wins over the past 5 years.

UCF is now riding a 17 game winning streak after destroying Pitt yesterday 45-14.

Last edited:
And no one cares about UCF because you can beat a bunch of no-name schools that no one cares about. THAT is why you weren't remotely considered for the CFP. If UCF played a Power 5 schedule, you would maybe get to .500 if you were very lucky.

Mean like Pitt? Or Auburn?

UCF gets only approx $2.5 Million in TV Money per year...Imagine if UCF received $30 Million - $40 Million ANNUALLY in TV $$ each and every year.

Do you think UCF's recruiting would IMPROVE if they were given a P5 tag and P5 recruiting $$?

Of course it would...just like your school's recruiting would TANK if you were in a G5 conf with G5 $$.

What UCF is doing on a shoe-string budget compared to "cash checkers" like Pitt and others is darn impressive.

Kids arrive at UCF with an "attitude"...and yes, some were overlooked by some P5 schools but with hard work and great teamwork, they produce amazing results.

Nebraska is blue blood program, accept it. UCF is a flash in the pan, get use to it.

See thats the thing....UCF Players/Coaches don't accept that.

UCF is one of only a handful of schools that have TWO BCS/NYD6 Bowl Wins over the last 5 years.

"Blue Blood" Nebraska's last conf title was before any current HS recruits were even BORN.

World evolves at a pretty quick rate...and what UCF has and is building, is not a "flash in the pan", regardless how little TV $$ that are given to UCF.

Reactions: FrostedKnight
For that bowl game, not really. They were the team that felt slighted, the one that didn't really want to be there. Face the facts, that bowl was a big let down for them from where they could have been.

Really? So I guess thats why Auburn came back to take the lead in the 3rd Q because they didn't care?

Dang...I remember Auburn players in the week leading up to the game get TICKED OFF that a UCF Player called them "SLOW":

I am always amazing that AFTER a game is played, the team that lost "suddenly" didn't want to be there...yet NONE of those clows with said info put their mortgage down on a bet in Vegas that they knew for sure was right.

I wonder if Pitt wanted to be in yesterday's UCF game either???

Maybe...just maybe, a TEAM of players (and coaches) performs at a higher level to win the day.

Imagine that? A game that is decided on the field...and not behind some keyboard warrior who didn't bet one red cent on said "guaranteed" outcome game.

Here is what UCF is doing to P5 competition: (Pitt defensive players faked 8-10 cramps during the game because they couldn't keep up with the Hyper Speed of Coach Heupel's Offense)

Reactions: FrostedKnight
Mean like Pitt? Or Auburn?

UCF gets only approx $2.5 Million in TV Money per year...Imagine if UCF received $30 Million - $40 Million ANNUALLY in TV $$ each and every year.

Do you think UCF's recruiting would IMPROVE if they were given a P5 tag and P5 recruiting $$?

Of course it would...just like your school's recruiting would TANK if you were in a G5 conf with G5 $$.

What UCF is doing on a shoe-string budget compared to "cash checkers" like Pitt and others is darn impressive.

Kids arrive at UCF with an "attitude"...and yes, some were overlooked by some P5 schools but with hard work and great teamwork, they produce amazing results.

You short guys in the back of the room keep jumping up and down, flailing your hands to catch someone's attention, but no one really notices you. I bet it's frustrating being short and nondescript.

Shows just how clueless you are of the Orlando Economy...as Orlando is one of the top places for Millenials to live/work....hence why Orlando is on a 2 decade long BOOM TOWN run....and one of the main reasons why UCF is now the 2nd highest Univ in FL per applications...as most UCF Students graduate with amazing intern experience at corp like Harris, Lockheed Martin, Siemens, etc...and so many end up working/living in the Central FL after graduation.

Orlando #3 US City for Millenials
https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/03/22/orlando-among-top-cities-for-millennials.html

You short guys in the back of the room keep jumping up and down, flailing your hands to catch someone's attention, but no one really notices you. I bet it's frustrating being short and nondescript.
I would trade places with them if I could. Rather have the future than the past

I would trade places with them if I could. Rather have the future than the past

Have some pride! You are going to sell 5 National Titles...to get a couple New Year's Day trophies?? Come on, stop the nonsense.

The fact that we have a rich history and tradition is why we won't quit until we get it right. I firmly believe that. Frost and his staff may not be there right now, but Frost is too smart to allow this program to continue to flounder.

If it takes a total makeover, where every player has to be removed before we move forward, he will do it. He is that invested in this program. And he will win in the end.

Shows just how clueless you are of the Orlando Economy...as Orlando is one of the top places for Millenials to live/work....hence why Orlando is on a 2 decade long BOOM TOWN run....and one of the main reasons why UCF is now the 2nd highest Univ in FL per applications...as most UCF Students graduate with amazing intern experience at corp like Harris, Lockheed Martin, Siemens, etc...and so many end up working/living in the Central FL after graduation.

Orlando #3 US City for Millenials
https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/03/22/orlando-among-top-cities-for-millennials.html

Florida is where people that can't afford California go.

Reactions: Throwbones202

Most people disagree.

Orlando is the 4th fastest growing city in Nation. Must be a really nice place a lot of people want to live in?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samant...cas-fastest-growing-cities-2018/#789143557feb

"We look at growth of population, employment, wages and economic output. We also use home price growth as a proxy for wealth."

The factors considered are reflective of a young and vibrant population, not 60 year old retired folks

Reactions: footnfan1
You sound like an expert.

What would keep the whiny, obnoxious directional Florida college golden knights fans away from this board?

It obviously hurts you that despite what you insist is a far better school, in a far better state, with far better climate and scenery, and a program “currently” in far better shape, that you got spurned by a coach and still can’t sell out your tiny and poorly built “stadium”

All of those alleged benefits and he still left. 16 wins in a row and still on the outside looking in. All of the hype about the Golden knights and yet most would still say the expansion Vegas NHL team are the real Golden Knights.

I understand the inferiority complex. Some people here might find you and your ilk annoying. I just find you sad and pathetic. How can you be so sad living so close to the happiest place on earth?

I get the need to post here too. On a board people actually read. Makes you feel less lonely doesnt it little guy? Maybe fills that void that 5 National Championships , or even one real one, might fill?

Buck up little camper. Every dog has his day. Some day maybe middle florida can get a season of last chance U on netflix like the other directional schools.

I pulled for Frost to turn Nebraska around quickly until reading posts from some of you delusional fans still living in the past. Now I hope it takes Frost at least a couple of years, just so I can read your misguided and suffering posts about how you're a blueblood program.

Read this everyday to feel better...just don't look at the calendar or note that it's 2018...... and change the title to "easily beatable"

51X4HRjfs2L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT