ADVERTISEMENT

So, Scott Frost regrets taking the Nebraska job

Status
Not open for further replies.
JC, I've heard it all now. SF wouldn't be shit if it wasn't for mighty ucf. You seriously need to get gtf outta here man, I'm laughing way too hard.

Perfect fit for him and for UCF. We were coming off an older coach with strict rules and old school mentality. He came into a disciplined group and he made it fun and could easily recruit the speed he needed.

If Frost went to ECU or UConn, he would not had nearly the success so quickly. It was lightning in a bottle at UCF. Frost is very smart guy, he would have made it but not as fast.

Reactions: GoBigRed666
Its not our fault, our program started in the 1970s. We have grown and accomplished a lot. We have also taken a lot of crap form P5 programs so we have chip on our shoulder. Imagine being UCF when UF, FSU and Miami were all really good. It sucked, so now we are on a good run so we are taking advantage of it.
I see your point I do, but until you guys get a long history of success and get into a P5 conference. The rest of the country will not respect you and sees you as a flash in the pan. Then some of your fans and media get thumping their chest saying they demand respect and declaring themselves as NC, is the prime example of why the rest of the country doesn't respect you guys. A team and fan base just can't say they deserve to be with top programs and expect it to be so. That takes time and a lot of it.
I do believe you guys will eventually get into a P5 conference and probably at this point deserve it. It is going to be decades after that before you guys will get the respect you so want. Even at that point will still have to compete with the big boys for recruits and money with FL, FL st, Miami. It is a long road, and as Nebraska to well know. Once you get respect, doesn't mean you automatically keep it. No matter how bad I or the rest of us think we deserve it.

Reading the article, Bianchi seems to "know" a lot of things for certain that other people don't know.

With his connections, i wonder if he already "knows" whether or not Danny White had thrown his hat into the ring for the open Nebraska AD job last year after Eichorst was canned.

I know, I know, nobody from there would ever relocate to Lincoln. What with the brutal winters and all.

Maybe he should ask him anyway.

The answer would be along the lines of "That depends on what the definition of 'threw my hat in the ring' is".

A disciplined group that finished 0-12?

Ha! Fair point.

GOL “retired” early that season. We were a huge mess but still program was run with a sense of authority in nature was my point. Like Frost said many times in interviews we were not a 0-12 team talent wise.

Doesn't matter. Big time programs can afford it. UCF was smart because they will get money, but that isn't go to change anything for a big football school if they want him.
Remember that $40MM in TV money goes away in 2023 and it’s not going to be replaced at that level.

Remember that $40MM in TV money goes away in 2023 and it’s not going to be replaced at that level.

You obviously don't get it. For big time programs that want Heupel if he succeeds, 10M will be nothing. There is so much more money in these programs, and the TV amount will not affect their decision, and there will continue to be a decent amount of TV money even if it isn't the record number it has been in the past. It's laughable if you think someone couldn't easily buy out Heupel if they really wanted him.

Reactions: SOHusker11
They had an agreement on the timing, the game ran way too long. 62-55 games tend to do that. Do you know anything about football?
Please, I’m quite sure the announcement was to be made by Frost after the game or at the least wait y til the game was over, not a specific time. What I know a lot about is ethics, that is something your AD struggles with.

You obviously don't get it. For big time programs that want Heupel if he succeeds, 10M will be nothing. There is so much more money in these programs, and the TV amount will not affect their decision, and there will continue to be a decent amount of TV money even if it isn't the record number it has been in the past. It's laughable if you think someone couldn't easily buy out Heupel if they really wanted him.
Do you understand a budget? That is a 50% hit to an entire athletic department budget. Paying a 10MM buyout ain’t happening unless that revenue stream is replaced and since most GOR’s will terminate and most schools will sign their own streaming type contracts you better hope Nebraska has a national following, don’t t think so.

Do you understand a budget? That is a 50% hit to an entire athletic department budget. Paying a 10MM buyout ain’t happening unless that revenue stream is replaced and since most GOR’s will terminate and most schools will sign their own streaming type contracts you better hope Nebraska has a national following, don’t t think so.

Dude... You seriously don't understand how college football finance works, especially at the schools with large athletic programs with their bell cow being football.

ARTICLE

Nebraska is currently paying two ex-head coaches, and still went out and got Frost at a high amount and paid all of the assistants almost double, but sorry Nebraska.,that isn't in your football budget so you can't do that because you can't afford it. You are stupid if you think that any of those schools listed in that article couldn't pay a 10M buyout if they wanted to to get Heupel.

I absolutely love Heupel, but at UCF we make coaches. I would gladly take the 10 million and trust Danny White to make the next great coach...for another 10 million.

Shhhh...if you tell them he was the QB coach of a Heisman trophy winner, and OC at Oregon when they played for the National Championship, you'll ruin all of their silliness.

Hey now, don't forget his time in Cedar Falls.....
2007 LB coach, 12-1 conference champs, finished ranked #4
2008 Co-DC, 12-3 conference champs, finish ranked #4

I absolutely love Heupel, but at UCF we make coaches. I would gladly take the 10 million and trust Danny White to make the next great coach...for another 10 million.

What coach has UCF made other than Scott Frost? I can't name another UCF coach other than George O'Leary, and you certainly didn't make him.

As for Danny White, he wanted the Nebraska AD job. I wouldn't count on him staying much longer at UCF either.

Last edited:
Do
What coach has UCF made other than Scott Frost? I can't name another UCF coach other than George O'Leary, and you certainly didn't make him.

As for Danny White, he wanted the Nebraska AD job. I wouldn't count on him staying much longer at UCF either.
you have proof of him wanting the job? Danny White makes good money for an AD and gets to live where others dream of vacationing.

Reactions: footnfan1
Strikes me as odd that these ungracious florida phucks never say "thank you" to Scott & to Nebraska for allowing him to finish coaching their team in the bowl game. It was unprecedented how this happened and Scott didn't have to do it & Moos didn't have to oblige.

On 2nd thought, I'm not surprised at all, that's how little bitch millennials are: Entitled little pu$$ies.

You need to stop, this is the most arrogant and ignorant shit I've heard in a while. Mighty ucf's so fing good it doesn't matter who the coach is. Bama was total dogshit before Saban. Tosu was 6-6 the year before Herbz went 12-0. Those programs must suck compared to gawds-gift ucf. I mean fucf makes coaches. Do you even realize how fing stupid you sound? Thanks for the laughs though, keep it up.

Wow, you're just a fn moron. Go away. Nebraska doesn't have a national following? You might actually want to leave your swamp-infested shithole at least once in your life.

Here at UCF WE make the coaches.

UCF%20Spring%20Game%20Image_1460915977412_3777773_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Do

you have proof of him wanting the job? Danny White makes good money for an AD and gets to live where others dream of vacationing.
You guys have to come up with something better than weather to praise Fl and Bash Neb. That is something a 3 rd grader uses when doing research for their, learn about the states, project. Coaches, ADs, recruits, pretty well nobody cares about weather. These are top paid professionals and high talent level athletes weather is the very last item on their check list. No body care, Unless you are a 20 something UCF fan looking to lay out on the beach all day and bum off mom and dad.

I feel like I'm debating my grandfather and I'm 47! You dudes need to chill, you are in good hands with CSF and will not be down for long. He will not stop working until he get it right. Just having little fun!

Reactions: husker2612
Hey, you guys have another number one for your storied history. Congratulations!

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rs-tennessee-volunteers-all-power-5-bottom-10
Doesn't look much like a dynasty. Nice middle of the road

Nice .500 team you have there, long ways to go before your chest thumping carries any weight in big boy football. I know I wouldn't trade ya one bit
http://www.winsipedia.com/nebraska/vs/ucf
I know. I think UCF fans are more delusional that us. We at least have a long successful history. UCF has 2 new years day bowls. lol There isn't a single Neb fan in the country who would trade places with UCF. Hell, would bet there isn't many power 5 programs that would want to, maybe Iowa lol. Nobody cares about UCF, nobody wants to be you, nobody respects you. Deal with it, accept it. Enjoy your short term success while you have it. Maybe you can get another new year day bowl to add to your resume.

No they did not, why on earth would our AD agree to release the announcement DURING a Championship game?

They agreed to a specific time thinking the game would be over...unfortunately the game went to double OT, which is what messed up the timing and why it came out while the game was still going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT