ADVERTISEMENT

So Proud of our Baseball Team

BrighteRed24

Junior
Nov 5, 2018
That's the most fun I've had following a Nebraska men's sports team since the 2010 football season.

Thank you to our coaches and players for all the work they put in.

Big Ten Conference champions. Big Ten player of the year, freshman of the year, and coach of the year. First time we have had 2+ wins in a regional since 2007. And toe to toe with the #1 overall seed for 3 games, unbelievable.

Heads high boys, you should be proud of your work this year!

Last edited:
That's the most fun I've had following a Nebraska men's sports team since the 2010 football season.

Thank you to our coaches and players for all the work they put in.

Big Ten player of the year, freshman of the year, and coach of the year. First time we have had 2+ wins in a regional since 2007. And toe to toe with the #1 overall seed for 3 games, unbelievable.

Heads high boys, you should be proud of your work this year!
Great season

This feels a lot like when the 2000 team (arguably the Huskers' best ever) took Stanford down to the wire in the Super Regionals. Sucked to lose that one too, but it was the beginning of an excellent run for NU baseball.

Where are all the van horn lovers lol. Like I said. Thank God I'm not a razorback and have to see and listen to that hog/pig sheit all the time.
Nebraska Baseball is in good hands. Just short a pitcher or two.
Note: I won't be rooting for hogs from here on out just because van horn is the coach.

Last edited:
Great season a game short of the playing the super regionals and winning the conference the future looks bright for sure..

Besides Ohio St playing in the national title game the Nebraska baseball team had the 2nd best results in the Big 10 conference this sports season among the most popular sports.

Despite what unfolded in Fayetteville, I’m not in the booing crowd of Arkansas team and yes I would like to see DVH finally win the CWS..

Great season a game short of the playing the super regionals and winning the conference the future looks bright for sure..

Besides Ohio St playing in the national title game the Nebraska baseball team had the 2nd best results in the Big 10 conference this sports season among the most popular sports.

Despite what unfolded in Fayetteville, I’m not in the booing crowd of Arkansas team and yes I would like to see DVH finally win the CWS..

I’ll boo them for the both of us.

Great season for a program moving in the right direction.

Plus, next year NU has more control over the schedule and won't need a permission slip to build up its tournament resume. Good things ahead.
NU certainly looked like a CWS team last night until those last couple of batters. Our young relievers didn't handle the pressure well. That was a pretty tough environment for a college kid to step on to the mound in. Great performance otherwise and it sure made it obvious that the NCAA screwed up the brackets by putting NU in the same region as Arkansas.

Reactions: scarletred
NU certainly looked like a CWS team last night until those last couple of batters. Our young relievers didn't handle the pressure well. That was a pretty tough environment for a college kid to step on to the mound in. Great performance otherwise and it sure made it obvious that the NCAA screwed up the brackets by putting NU in the same region as Arkansas.
I think we could have won the South Bend of Lubbock regionals..

I know ND lit up the scoreboard but Michigan didn’t deserve to play that close to home if that is what the NCAA was gunning for..

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
An excellent year for Husker Baseball. Wish you would have beaten ARK.
Hopefully Vandy will defend it's title in Omaha. See you at Ameritrade!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: scarletred
Where are all the van horn lovers lol. Like I said. Thank God I'm not a razorback and have to see and listen to that hog/pig sheit all the time.
Nebraska Baseball is in good hands. Just short a pitcher or two.
Note: I won't be rooting for hogs from here on out just because van horn is the coach.
I guess I am in the minority here. I thought the atmosphere down there was unreal and Van Horn had nothing but great things to say about us and his time here. I will be rooting for the Hogs

I guess I am in the minority here. I thought the atmosphere down there was unreal and Van Horn had nothing but great things to say about us and his time here. I will be rooting for the Hogs
I thought it was fine too. The stuff with Mojo Hagge never seemed to cross the line, and it was good to see Nebraska in a somewhat heated series with a top program (for the first time in a very long time).

I found Lance Cormier annoying as Hell, but that wasn't Arkansas's fault.

In full disclosure, I only started following the Nebraska baseball team when they got to the regional, but in my opinion, the way Husker fans are reacting to a rowdy home crowd is a little odd to me. If that game was played in Lincoln and Arkansas fans were whining like Husker fans are, I'd have to imagine the reaction would be a little different. Be proud of the effort and fight by that team, but for the sake of sports, let the animosity go for some rowdy fans that have an annoying chant. I'm sure many aren't really crazy about Go Big Red either, but it's all part of the fun.

We'll don't guess than.
Maybe I am in the small group where playing the game of baseball without stomping on home plate and cockn off to the pitcher while rounding 1st base after hitting a hr meant something. These punk kids have turned the game into a bunch of cocky arrogant punks.

Y’all fought like hell. Had no idea what to expect from a team that didn’t play anyone outside of the conference, but I was really impressed with Nebraska this weekend. All 3 games were very close to going very differently.

Also to any of you wondering about the Mojo Hagge chronicles:

he was a really good sport about the heckling from the hog pen. He was smiling at our fans and giving it back to us on Sunday and last night. It was all good-natured, save for some people on Twitter who weren’t actually there and don’t actually know what happened. As for the entire stadium booing him like Roger Goodell, he took it all in stride and that was a really unique narrative for a college baseball atmosphere.

On Sunday night, someone screamed at him to “stand up”, and he stood on his tippy toes. Everyone around us died laughing and clapped and cheered for him.

Mojo never flipped us off, either. I don’t know who started that rumor, but I was there when it supposedly happened, and he most definitely didn’t do that.

Seems like a really nice and classy guy. I really hope he enjoyed Fayetteville

Anyways, hats off to you guys. Sorry you got stuck in such a difficult regional

We'll don't guess than.
Maybe I am in the small group where playing the game of baseball without stomping on home plate and cockn off to the pitcher while rounding 1st base after hitting a hr meant something. These punk kids have turned the game into a bunch of cocky arrogant punks.
Tbf, he was only responding to the shit talking that the pitcher was doing first. Surely you saw that?

Reactions: Jen Squealema
Tbf, he was only responding to the shit talking that the pitcher was doing first. Surely you saw that?
Oh yea, Wynne was talking all that noise between pitches and after strikeouts, but that’s Just athletes competing. No need to get hurt feelings as fans

I will say Wynne was a cool dude during the NJIT game on Sunday. He was cutting up with fans and several of those guys in the bullpen went back and forth with us during the game. Talked to the pitching coach too.

I actually caught NJIT’s HR in the 8th inning, and Wynne threw his hands up celebrating my catch. After a minute, I yelled at him “hey 4-7, check your rear view!” (I think that made it 17-4). About 10 seconds passed and he turned around and yelled “we’ll sit with you guys in the hog pen tonight” like he was accepting defeat and the comeback. We all died laughing. Seems like a good dude. Hell the whole team did

We'll don't guess than.
With any luck they'll grow out of it, and become middle-aged, self-important blowhards who save all their trash talking for internet message boards.

We'll don't guess than.
Hallmark stomped on home plate the night before. Probably the only reason Moore did it on his HR.

We'll don't guess than.
How do you feel about your player stomping on the plate?

Reactions: JenSquealema
ADVERTISEMENT