ADVERTISEMENT

So Pissed at Frost

So close.
reads-how-close-i-am-to-losing-my-sht-above-a-pic-of-a-car-about-one-inch-away-from-hitting-a-wall

The team he inherited was bad. Blown out by Iowa bad. Frost didn't move the needle. Next.
In my opinion, thr team he inherited performed better than the teams he owned after his first year. How many times did we hear wait until.Frost gets his guys on the roster.

The tram he inherited had both a 1,000 yard rusher and receiver. Throw in the fact they were learning new systems on both sides of the ball. Frost and his staff systemically dismantled this program year after year.

You apologists need to come to terms with the Frost Era. He was a worse head coach than Riley. Let that sink in. Worse in every way. Riley won more games every year than Frost. You keep making excuses for his failures. We still had more talent than most teams after Riley left. Frost had 5 years to make it his team. Excuse me while I go find a bucket.
HjqFjQn.gif
Riley was better than Frost. And that is just attrocious. This season's NU defense is the worst I've ever seen. The OL somehow looks worse than last year. We need a great, proven coach to right the ship.

Roaming around the TV watching a ton of college football today makes me realize just how truly awful we had become under Frost. Watching well coached teams play is a joy and only points out by contrast how far we fell under Frost.

It just really, really pisses me off. Frost was handed the keys to the mansion and then proceeded to laugh, get drunk, play around, and shit in every room he could find. The dude put in minimal effort, pocketed millions and millions of dollars, and laughed all the way out the door.

Who knew he was such an immature little turd of a man?
Ahem

I don't think he parties as much as Frost. Looks like he eats pretty well though.

He looks like he eats poorly and works long hours... Which is exactly how a big time CFB or NFL coach should look. Frost should probably look a little bit more like Heupel, only then will we be able to tell he takes his profession seriously. :)

Last edited:
Don't dwell on Frost, get excited about our future HC.
I saw some really well coached teams on TV today. Kansas Jayhawks, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Wake Forest Demon Deacons are all really well coached. Feel like one of those guys might want to coach here for a lot of $

Reactions: bigboxes
A lot of his former teammates. Many of whom were derided by the masses for not falling in line.
Plenty of guys didn't like Scott. I wasn't all that concerned about that. Nick Saban, Bill Belichick, Steve Spurrier, Urban Meyer. There are plenty of assholes that are hall of fame coaches. However those guys put in the work. Being a head coach sounds like a glamorous job. It's a complete and utter grind. You're working 90 hours a week in season, sleeping in your office, eating your meals at the facility. Long flights to go and meet with recruits, speaking engagements. Scott didn't have any interest in that. If he goes back to coaching, he needs to be an OC. Those guys can get away with working 50 hours a week.

Plenty of guys didn't like Scott. I wasn't all that concerned about that. Nick Saban, Bill Belichick, Steve Spurrier, Urban Meyer. There are plenty of assholes that are hall of fame coaches. However those guys put in the work. Being a head coach sounds like a glamorous job. It's a complete and utter grind. You're working 90 hours a week in season, sleeping in your office, eating your meals at the facility. Long flights to go and meet with recruits, speaking engagements. Scott didn't have any interest in that. If he goes back to coaching, he needs to be an OC. Those guys can get away with working 50 hours a week.

It seemed like after his first season here, Scott realized this job was going to be a lot harder than he thought, and he didn't want to put in the needed work.

After the undefeated season at UCF, he thought he was a genius who could come in and outscore everyone in the Big Ten, like he did in the AAC.

It seemed like after his first season here, Scott realized this job was going to be a lot harder than he thought, and he didn't want to put in the needed work.

After the undefeated season at UCF, he thought he was a genius who could come in and outscore everyone in the Big Ten, like he did in the AAC.
I really don't think it is "the work", Steve Spurrier made fun of the dorks that slept in the office and "worked" 90 hours a week...I think it has more to do with...

Grinding when you are young
Figuring out what you need/want staff
Learning how to prepare

Best take I’ve seen on this.

Roaming around the TV watching a ton of college football today makes me realize just how truly awful we had become under Frost. Watching well coached teams play is a joy and only points out by contrast how far we fell under Frost.

It just really, really pisses me off. Frost was handed the keys to the mansion and then proceeded to laugh, get drunk, play around, and shit in every room he could find. The dude put in minimal effort, pocketed millions and millions of dollars, and laughed all the way out the door.

Northwestern only has 7 points in the 4th quarter tonight.

I really don't think it is "the work", Steve Spurrier made fun of the dorks that slept in the office and "worked" 90 hours a week...I think it has more to do with...

Grinding when you are young
Figuring out what you need/want staff
Learning how to prepare
I agree. He didn't need to grind 90 hours a week and I don't think that would have helped. He needed to stop making stupid ass decisions and babying his players were much bigger problems.

Reactions: 1Ramsker3
I agree. He didn't need to grind 90 hours a week and I don't think that would have helped. He needed to stop making stupid ass decisions and babying his players were much bigger problems.
Probably...

That makes more sense.

The idea that it takes 90 hours to break down a ****ing FB trap is insane.

CFB coaches, Female Elementary teachers and Firemen...they all bitch about their hours.

Reactions: oldjar07
Probably...

That makes more sense.

The idea that it takes 90 hours to break down a ****ing FB trap is insane.

CFB coaches, Female Elementary teachers and Firemen...they all bitch about their hours.
I have family in the coaching profession. The hours required are insane. Now having said that the actual job is pretty damn cool. But watch this Chris Petersen video of a day in the life of a regular day of fall camp. 14 hours.

Reactions: BringItOnHome
It was the TC and TO who wanted to keep Frost this year, until all the wheels fell off. TA was unable to fire him last year but said it doesn't seem to work if he is retained (not a lot of empirical data... etc.)

Just move on from Frost and look forward to the next HC to bring the wins.

If its MJ or a new HC, almost all coaches in P5 are better than Frost.

Scott Frost pulled the biggest con job in the history of the state of Nebraska
I really wanted it to work out for Frost but he was a fraud. It took me so long to believe it and apologize to anyone I argued with that saw it way early on!

You’d think since Frost was from here he would have put in the extra time to get this going in the right direction but he was not motivated and didn’t prepare and his teams were a reflection of him. Frost’s hobbies were more important than coaching here apparently.

Look, it is time to move on. It is apparent Frost didn’t have the fire in the belly to get the job done. This job is too big for little guys. In his own staff’s words, Frost is slow blinker.

I am more pissed at the people who gave him an extension In the first place after doing nothing to earn it, then I am pissed at the people who held Trev back from firing his ass last year.
I am the most pissed of the dysfunctional organization that has become Nebraska Football.
I have hope in the new hire and Trev finding the “right” man for the job.

Last edited:
I really wanted it to work out for Frost but he was a fraud. It took me so long to believe it and apologize to anyone I argued with that saw it way early on!

You’d think since Frost was from here he would have put in the extra time to get this going in the right direction but he was not motivated and didn’t prepare and his teams were a reflection of him. Frost’s hobbies were more important than coaching here apparently.
The job was his hobby. Those that raised these concerns when the fanbase was furiously Frosturbating to the thought of him (months before he was hired), were shouted down by the mob. I hope they all enjoyed the last 5 years.

I agree, so frustrating to see what all transpired in 5 years.

The only thing I will disagree is that he is laughing all the way to the bank. I’ve been fortunate to have earned money way beyond my wildest expectations. Nothing close to Frost, but over 10X what I thought would be an amazing annual income.

And I have experienced what I had always heard before. Money does not bring happiness. Many times it simply brings more anxiety and can make people spiraling out of control spiral even faster if not managed maturely. And Scott is anything but mature.

So yes, Frost has a bigger bank account that most Americans will ever experience, but I would wager he is one miserable, empty soul right now. I know this is not the Christian thing to do, but right now his misery gives me a lot of satisfaction. I hope my attitude changes to hoping he gets the right help to straighten out his life, but the way he left our program is giving me my current emotions.

The job was his hobby. Those that raised these concerns when the fanbase was furiously Frosturbating to the thought of him (months before he was hired), were shouted down by the mob. I hope they all enjoyed the last 5 years.
I agree with this completely. But just because frost was the worst coach in History of Nebraska doesn’t mean mike Riley didn’t deserve to be fired either.

Reactions: scarletred
It was the TC and TO who wanted to keep Frost this year, until all the wheels fell off. TA was unable to fire him last year but said it doesn't seem to work if he is retained (not a lot of empirical data... etc.)

Just move on from Frost and look forward to the next HC to bring the wins.

If its MJ or a new HC, almost all coaches in P5 are better than Frost.
Bullshit. Prove it. If TO really has as much influence as some here like to think, why was Mike Riley ever hired? There's no way in hell a guy like that is hired if TO has any influence whatsoever.

Who said that Riley didn't deserve to be fired? Name one person. One.
Some on this board, think that he got unfair treatment and had his legs cut from him.
Go read through the threads and it doesn’t take a wizard to figure that out. Some felt “bad” cause he was nice.
The last two coaches are in my opinion are the 1st and 3rd worst coaches since Bill Jennings.
This board struggles with ole “two things can be true”

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Some on this board, think that he got unfair treatment and had his legs cut from him.
Go read through the threads and it doesn’t take a wizard to figure that out. Some felt “bad” cause he was nice.
The last two coaches are in my opinion are the 1st and 3rd worst coaches since Bill Jennings.
This board struggles with ole “two things can be true”
The bad deal is that he was forced to fire Banker. Banker wasn’t great but he was way better than Diaco. Hiring Bobby sealed Riley’s fate

Reactions: Frozone
ADVERTISEMENT