ADVERTISEMENT

So no bowl game

Should file a lawsuit against the NCAA that not getting the extra practices puts teams in a competitive disadvantage. Bowl game or not, teams should be allowed the same amount of practice time.

I think Nebraska should just do it. Make a fundraiser out of it. Make a web broadcast out of it. Dare the NCAA to do anything about it.

Could we schedule an “exhibition” against Oregon State, say in Denver, with everyone being eligible to play?

I thought some 5-7 teams can still play in a bowl game? If not, we should have a "fun days" disguise where our team practices and scrimmages.

Some extra strength and conditioning along with motivation from no bowl may be just what the doctor ordered...

A 5-7 team can make a bowl if their is a shortage of 6 win teams. Is it already known that we can't make it?

It ain’t gonna happen. Too many teams already qualified, plus the academic rating is low compared to 3 years ago due to all the transfers. Friday is it. That’s all we got to play for.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Should file a lawsuit against the NCAA that not getting the extra practices puts teams in a competitive disadvantage. Bowl game or not, teams should be allowed the same amount of practice time.
I never could figure out why they have the rule, the kids are still in school. I agree why can't a team that doesn't make a bowl game still practice? Possibly jmo the ncaa won't make any money off the school that doesn't have a bowl game?

The Iowa Black Friday bowl game is huge. Outdoing last year’s 4-8 would be an amazing achievement, or so one would think from reading this board.

I thought some 5-7 teams can still play in a bowl game? If not, we should have a "fun days" disguise where our team practices and scrimmages.
There will be 6-6 teams that get no bowl games this year and Friday is no gimmie so i would say no on the bowl game speculation.

I think we should go to Germany or somewhere overseas and play an exhibition game. NCAA would have a difficult time trying to stop that I think.

The Iowa Black Friday bowl game is huge. Outdoing last year’s 4-8 would be an amazing achievement, or so one would think from reading this board.

I don’t remember seeing anyone claim out doing last years 4-8 team as “amazing” as your trying to claim. I know some (most of us, myself included) are happy we are 4-1 the past 5 games. That’s a good turn around when we appeared to be headed to a 0-12 or 1-11 record.

Sorry but I don’t get why some of you guys like to twist things like this. Trying to down play any momentum we gain and throw cold water on anything that gets us going and help gains us momentum. I for one didn’t forget last years team and how horrible we were and seeing a team give up and lose the will to even play and win. We had a LONG ways to go to get back to being competitive with ANYONE, let alone the good to great teams. Our defense was horrible, absolutely horrible. We couldn’t stop even the easy teams with garbage for offenses last year. If anteam pushed us even a little bit last year, we always caved and gave up.

No ones excited or happy with our overall record but anyone with a brain can see the progression we have made and how far we have come since last years team. We have a star in the making in A Martinez and Mo Washington, with a nice chunk of promising young players coming up. Jesus, either get on board or get off. We all said and claimed we knew this would take time to fix and get turned around when Riley got fired and we hired Frost. I can’t believe how many of you guys expected INSTANT turn arounds, like we should be top 10 in offense, defense and scoring. It’s almost ridiculous how some of us are. Set back, give Frost time and let this work itself out. We are in good hands.

Go Big Red. Iowa’s next and they WILL GO DOWN!!

Last edited:
I don’t remember seeing anyone claim out doing last years 4-8 team as “amazing” as your trying to claim. I know some (most of us, myself included) are happy we are 4-5 the past 5 games. That’s a good turn around when we appeared to be headed to a 0-12 or 1-11 record.

Sorry but I don’t get why some of you guys like to twist things like this. Trying to down play any momentum we gain and throw cold water on anything that gets us going and help gains us momentum. I for one didn’t forget last years team and how horrible we were and seeing a team give up and lose the will to even play and win. We had a LONG ways to go to get back to being competitive with ANYONE, let alone the good to great teams. Our defense was horrible, absolutely horrible. We couldn’t stop even the easy teams with garbage for offenses last year. If anteam pushed us even a little bit last year, we always caved and gave up.

No ones excited or happy with our overall record but anyone with a brain can see the progression we have made and how far we have come since last years team. We have a star in the making in A Martinez and Mo Washington, with a nice chunk of promising young players coming up. Jesus, either get on board or get off. We all said and claimed we knew this would take time to fix and get turned around when Riley got fired and we hired Frost. I can’t believe how many of you guys expected INSTANT turn arounds, like we should be top 10 in offense, defense and scoring. It’s almost ridiculous how some of us are. Set back, give Frost time and let this work itself out. We are in good hands.

Go Big Red. Iowa’s next and they WILL GO DOWN!!

It’s because they don’t understand what they’re watching. All they see is wins and losses. They want to treat this like a video game, where all you have to do is call better plays and you win more. It’s the same people that think you can force player buy in, change culture and flip conditioning in one offseason. Same people that think you can install a new scheme every week and master a scheme in a season. Same people that think if you are struggling on one side of the ball, all you need is a new coordinator and it can be fixed quickly. It’s absurd. Ultimately, winning is all that matters, but building a program from scratch takes time. And when you’re Nebraska and not Texas, it takes longer as you don’t benefit from top 5 recruiting classes every year. Things are clearly getting better and on an upward swing. If you want to piss and moan about no bowl game and declare this season a failure, go ahead. But you’d be dead wrong.

If the NCAA actually enforced the rules they'd have to shut down half the SEC
The NCAA is a over bloated bureaucracy, way to many people drawing large salaries for nothing. I still say the P5 schools should form something new and bypass the ncaa. They remind me a whole lot like the UN

Reactions: HuskerinPA
The NCAA is a over bloated bureaucracy, way to many people drawing large salaries for nothing. I still say the P5 schools should form something new and bypass the ncaa. They remind me a whole lot like the UN
Hey now, they do some stuff. Alabama’s accusations of paying players get swept under the rug, that doesn’t happen by itself. RollingLaugh

A 5-7 team can make a bowl if their is a shortage of 6 win teams. Is it already known that we can't make it?
No, there is still a shot we, at 5-7 could make a bowl. It is slim to none, but a shot. What is hurting us this year is academic ranking. So if there is any room for 5-7 teams, those teams with a higher academic ranking with get in over us.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT