ADVERTISEMENT

So Nebraska going to play Purdue this weekend?

It would be logistically impossible to make a game vs. Purdue work now. It would be very unfair to both squads.

I would absolutely take a game vs Purdue this week. Fact of the matter is we don’t know how long the season will go or how many games we will get. Both teams would be playing under same circumstances with no prep for the team they are facing. Purdue had an away game scheduled. They simply drive their equipment truck to Lincoln instead of Ill. NU was already preparing for a home game. It’s not that hard.

But it would be equally unfair to both, making it fair to both.
Kinda like two wrongs make a right.
Just gimme my football. What else will I do on Saturday?

I get it, and I too would love to watch football. But you have to consider the reality of competition.
You can't design a viable game plan in a day.

Reactions: gw2kpro
I get it, and I too would love to watch football. But you have to consider the reality of competition.
You can't design a viable game plan in a day.
Play ball! We tried to schedule another game. Game planning is great but at the end of the day it’s going to come down to blocking and tackling. Both teams have the exact same challenge and the winner would be the same with a weeks preparation.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The coaches already have game plans, they were putting them together when Purdue-NU was scheduled for the season opener 9/5/2020. They don't know much more about each other since then. Git-r-done.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The coaches already have game plans, they were putting them together when Purdue-NU was scheduled for the season opener 9/5/2020. They don't know much more about each other since then. Git-r-done.

You'd think that the Big 10 would want this to happen, more money. You'd think that, after Nebraska clearly communicated their willingness to do so, and yet also their willingness to abide by the Big 10 decision, they would be quick to offer this as an olive branch. I just hope we aren't so gun shy or bitter now as to not try.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT