ADVERTISEMENT

So much for summer football practice in SEC

Assuming a bunch of hospitalization and death does not ensue, can we go back to normal and just exercise caution, when necessary?This is why I laugh when wear-masks-in-school policies are announced. And I do laugh. Out loud. Along with my wife, as we are natural born killers who don't care about the well being of others.

First I laugh, then I cringe and feel sorry for all school kids and teachers. Terrible idea that will make teaching and learning chaotic and miserable. All for a disease that kills fewer kids than lightning, according to CDC stats.

Last edited:
Reactions: kerpal_68
Assuming a bunch of hospitalization and death does not ensue, can we go back to normal and just exercise caution, when necessary?This is why I laugh when wear-masks-in-school policies are announced. And I do laugh. Out loud. Along with my wife, as we are natural born killers who don't care about the well being of others.
I bet you both would have been a laugh riot during the Black Plague.

Reactions: ZaneHickey
Reason hospitalizations is going up in Texas, etc., is because if someone comes in for some other reason (elective surgery, etc.) and have Covid, they are being counted as Covid hospitalizations even if they have minor or no symptoms.

More numbers inflation.
Also heard that at least one TX county is counting "anyone who had contact with a Covid + person (good ol contact tracing)" as an additional "new case". Out of an abundance of caution, I am sure.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Not quite. Still plenty of on-campus, in-person classes they’re confident will be safe. Reading the actual story helps clarify, and they mention athletes on campus as regularly scheduled.

Perhaps instead of headline grabbing you could provide the actual facts.

Reactions: regionsdoc
Proof? Evidence?
It was an account from someone watching a live feed of health/county officials and their discussion of their case-counting practices. The bigger point being that the numbers of cases, and the "explosion" of numbers if cases is meaningless, unless Covid-only patients (not the Texas ones, where someone who is asymptomatic and getting a knee done) begin to crowd hospitals and die. Hopefully, that doesn't happen (obviously). Until then, it's mere fodder for the flames of panic.

Reactions: bluenrg
Also heard that at least one TX county is counting "anyone who had contact with a Covid + person (good ol contact tracing)" as an additional "new case". Out of an abundance of caution, I am sure.

this needs to be a national mandate with costly citations for violators.

Reason hospitalizations is going up in Texas, etc., is because if someone comes in for some other reason (elective surgery, etc.) and have Covid, they are being counted as Covid hospitalizations even if they have minor or no symptoms.

More numbers inflation.
Also they are counting people who have been in contact with any one with Corona as a case. Weather they have it or not. This is totally BS they are gonna pull this C right through November. All lives on hold because of these wackos ,and Faucis power grab. Everyone needs to ignore all commands from this More ONs

Also they are counting people who have been in contact with any one with Corona as a case. Weather they have it or not. This is totally BS they are gonna pull this C right through November. All lives on hold because of these wackos ,and Faucis power grab. Everyone needs to ignore all commands from this More ONs
It is good to pop in here occasionally to remind myself exactly how tin hat batshit crazy and ignorant the sheeple masses are...

so you would endorse an federal law against large gatherings?
no. But if we are using authoritarian means, we shouldn't stop at requiring masks. The protests/riots seem to have gotten a pass.

no. But if we are using authoritarian means, we shouldn't stop at requiring masks. The protests/riots seem to have gotten a pass.

Its not authoritarian when the SEC does it. They are just playing aggressive defense.

True story.

More numbers inflation.
There's a reason for everything huh. You got all the answers right? I am so sick of hearing that you guys are right and everybody else is wrong.

Nobody is inflating numbers, it's asinine you guys keep talking like this. There is no reason for any of it, other than more people are infected now.

I personally don't think Nebraska is at high risk. That doesn't mean that masks are dumb and stupid. Why is it so difficult to wear a mask when you're at a store? You gonna wear one for 15 damn minutes is it really a big deal?

Like I said I'm not a stickler on masks, but I'm so sick of hearing that masks are not helpful. I am also sick of hearing your guys stories about how everything's a lie. I guess everybody in the world is a liar then huh... except you, Tuco and all the other entrepreneurs on here that are pissed about losing money. Sorry to burst your bubble, but political affiliation has nothing to do with positive covid tests... Hilary and Bill paying the media... to inflate numbers... to get Biden elected. Yep that's it, I honestly feel like my IQ drops 20 points every time I read a new post on here

The world doesn't care about you or me, so it would probably do you some good to stop watching TV

There's a reason for everything huh. You got all the answers right? I am so sick of hearing that you guys are right and everybody else is wrong.

Nobody is inflating numbers, it's asinine you guys keep talking like this. There is no reason for any of it, other than more people are infected now.

I personally don't think Nebraska is at high risk. That doesn't mean that masks are dumb and stupid. Why is it so difficult to wear a mask when you're at a store? You gonna wear one for 15 damn minutes is it really a big deal?

Like I said I'm not a stickler on masks, but I'm so sick of hearing that masks are not helpful. I am also sick of hearing your guys stories about how everything's a lie. I guess everybody in the world is a liar then huh... except you, Tuco and all the other entrepreneurs on here that are pissed about losing money. Sorry to burst your bubble, but political affiliation has nothing to do with positive covid tests... Hilary and Bill paying the media... to inflate numbers... to get Biden elected. Yep that's it, I honestly feel like my IQ drops 20 points every time I read a new post on here

The world doesn't care about you or me, so it would probably do you some good to stop watching TV

I will share you a little anecdote called the Cobra Effect. It is quite simple, a village in India was infested with Cobras. The townspeople went to the Brits, who were ruling India at the time, and demanded action. The Brits sent some people in and came up with a plan. They said, we will offer a bounty for all dead cobras brought in. Sounds logical, right? In the beginning it seemed to work, huge numbers of dead cobras were brought in, the townspeople were paid. But after a while, the government became a bit skeptical, you see, the enterprising townfolk decided to breed themselves some cobras, kill them and bring them to the government to get paid. When the Brits figured this out, they nixed the program. All the smart townspeople had to set the snakes free and the infestation problem was worse than ever.

Same sort of principles work with COVID, the government is paying a premium for patients with COVID, since hospitals are not able to do elective surgeries and such, the only way they can stay afloat is to inflate numbers. If you have COVID when you die, then you died from COVID.

There is a family in Oklahoma fighting this right now. Their father died, in hospice, from Alzheimer's. He went to the hospital at some point before he died and had a cough and was short of breath. The doctors treated him and sent him home, a few weeks later he went back to the hospital because he had stopped eating etc..no signs of COVID, normal breathing and no cough, doctors sent him to hospice where they listed him as COVID patient because he had it in the past. When he died a couple of days later.....cause of death listed as COVID.

Don't tell me this is the only case like this. The numbers are inflated.

I will share you a little anecdote called the Cobra Effect. It is quite simple, a village in India was infested with Cobras. The townspeople went to the Brits, who were ruling India at the time, and demanded action. The Brits sent some people in and came up with a plan. They said, we will offer a bounty for all dead cobras brought in. Sounds logical, right? In the beginning it seemed to work, huge numbers of dead cobras were brought in, the townspeople were paid. But after a while, the government became a bit skeptical, you see, the enterprising townfolk decided to breed themselves some cobras, kill them and bring them to the government to get paid. When the Brits figured this out, they nixed the program. All the smart townspeople had to set the snakes free and the infestation problem was worse than ever.

Same sort of principles work with COVID, the government is paying a premium for patients with COVID, since hospitals are not able to do elective surgeries and such, the only way they can stay afloat is to inflate numbers. If you have COVID when you die, then you died from COVID.

There is a family in Oklahoma fighting this right now. Their father died, in hospice, from Alzheimer's. He went to the hospital at some point before he died and had a cough and was short of breath. The doctors treated him and sent him home, a few weeks later he went back to the hospital because he had stopped eating etc..no signs of COVID, normal breathing and no cough, doctors sent him to hospice where they listed him as COVID patient because he had it in the past. When he died a couple of days later.....cause of death listed as COVID.

Don't tell me this is the only case like this. The numbers are inflated.

Yep!
Every business does this...if you can make more money.

If the COVID numbers are being grossly inflated - ie deaths that aren’t COVID are being labeled as COVID then it is easy to correct for this theory- take cause of death out of the picture and just look at overall mortality regardless of cause

the overall death rate -regardless of cause is markedly elevated across the globe this year - if it isn’t COVID then what is it - unless you think hospitals across the world and nation are manufacturing deaths

coronavirus-death-toll-total-promo-1588123095036-superJumbo-v3.jpg

Last edited:

You mad?

If the COVID numbers are being grossly inflated - ie deaths that aren’t COVID are being labeled as COVID then it is easy to test this - take cause of the death out of the picture and look

the overall death rate -regardless of cause is markedly elevated across the globe this year - if it isn’t COVID then what is it - unless you think hospitals across the world and nation are manufacturing deaths

coronavirus-death-toll-total-promo-1588123095036-superJumbo-v3.jpg

No one said that COVID isn't causing deaths. I truly believe that COVID accelerated the deaths of many people, especially those that were elderly or those with underlying health concerns. Perhaps we should wait until the end of the year and look your little chart. Or maybe since it is now July, we could look at a chart that includes May and June for those cities and see if it may have leveled out a bit.

Edit - Regardless, showing more people died in the first quarter of 2020 doesn't prove that some of those deaths weren't falsely marked as COVID deaths so the hospital could get the federal funds.

Reactions: dinglefritz
No one said that COVID isn't causing deaths. I truly believe that COVID accelerated the deaths of many people, especially those that were elderly or those with underlying health concerns. Perhaps we should wait until the end of the year and look your little chart. Or maybe since it is now July, we could look at a chart that includes May and June for those cities and see if it may have leveled out a bit.

Edit - Regardless, showing more people died in the first quarter of 2020 doesn't prove that some of those deaths weren't falsely marked as COVID deaths so the hospital could get the federal funds.

I think frustration has set in for all sides, but particularly with the conspiracy stuff because we long since wandered from the field of accidental friendly fire into outright fratricide.

Its one thing to think, oh hey soros and whoever is manufacturing a crisis because they don't like so and so. Fair enough, the sides don't like each other.

But clearly the folks who in power who share your world view have sold you a bill of goods or fooled you on how inept they are. While the decisionmakers are aware that none of these numbers are perfect, there's been more or less bipartisan support that this is not treated like "just another illness" and the main difference between states isn't so much attitude as it is degree of encumberance. Even at the Federal level, the POTUS has walked back every position he's had so far, and is restarting the Pandemic office as a latest move.

That's not conspiracy. That's the collective you regretting being sold a bill of goods on how things were going to go.

Edit: As I stated before, I believe folks are going to proceed with with this mindset until a point of inevitability comes. The nation, including decisionmakers and business leaders, are holding out hope for a vaccine in 2021. If it doesn't materialize, then people will look to coexist with this thing in a way that is more "normal" than now because they will have no other choice.

I think frustration has set in for all sides, but particularly with the conspiracy stuff because we long since wandered from the field of accidental friendly fire into outright fratricide.

Its one thing to think, oh hey soros and whoever is manufacturing a crisis because they don't like so and so. Fair enough, the sides don't like each other.

But clearly the folks who in power who share your world view have sold you a bill of goods or fooled you on how inept they are. While the decisionmakers are aware that none of these numbers are perfect, there's been more or less bipartisan support that this is not treated like "just another illness" and the main difference between states isn't so much attitude as it is degree of encumberance. Even at the Federal level, the POTUS has walked back every position he's had so far, and is restarting the Pandemic office as a latest move.

That's not conspiracy. That's the collective you regretting being sold a bill of goods on how things were going to go.

Edit: As I stated before, I believe folks are going to proceed with with this mindset until a point of inevitability comes. The nation, including decisionmakers and business leaders, are holding out hope for a vaccine in 2021. If it doesn't materialize, then people will look to coexist with this thing in a way that is more "normal" than now because they will have no other choice.

Ok then, we see a his chart that shows total deaths for 6 cities for the first quarter of 2020. Show me a chart that breaks down year over year the number of deaths due to heart disease, cancer, accidents, stroke......and then COVID.

If a similar number of people died from heart disease, cancer, stroke, accidents etc in 2019 and then again in 2020, I'll be glad to reassess my opinion.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Ok then, we see a his chart that shows total deaths for 6 cities for the first quarter of 2020. Show me a chart that breaks down year over year the number of deaths due to heart disease, cancer, accidents, stroke......and then COVID.

If a similar number of people died from heart disease, cancer, stroke, accidents etc in 2019 and then again in 2020, I'll be glad to reassess my opinion.

I didn't look at any of the other charts. I don't actually care about the charts. Arguing around the margins is basically unimportant.

Big picture. There's a large portion of the country that feel that this is not being handled well, because its not that dangerous. About the only two leaders I can think of that have "ruled" with that as a fundamental guide post is the Gov of South Dakota and at times, the Gov of Florida.

Pretty much anyone who is in charge of anything from a Fortune 500 to a school district, to a local govt to the Federal govt to college football, is not acting in accordance with how that segment of the population wants it to go.

That's not going to be solved by any chart. Its also probably not being driven by Rachel Maddow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT