ADVERTISEMENT

So looking forward to deer hunting!!

How do y’all find land to hunt at? I have a spot that I like but its a little drive....but it seems like all the land around me is either being hunted by the locals or paid for from dudes from omaha who come out and pay money for it. Anyone ever actually just go knocking anymore?

Reactions: Lars72
cattle roam and graze for the entirety of their life.. that isn't any different.

I'm not on any high horse, I just think killing for sport is wrong, and question why some people get off on it?

I dunno man.. some old men 2500 years ago said killing is wrong.. they even supposedly put it in stone tablets, but I digress.
This is epic. Not in a good way, but epic.

cattle roam and graze for the entirety of their life.. that isn't any different.

I'm not on any high horse, I just think killing for sport is wrong, and question why some people get off on it?

I dunno man.. some old men 2500 years ago said killing is wrong.. they even supposedly put it in stone tablets, but I digress.

So lets go over "You shall not kill", which is the 5th commandment.

God told us not to murder. You see there are two words that each have their own meaning, kill and murder are two different things. One is the justifiable ending of a HUMAN BEINGS life and the other is the unjust ending of a HUMAN,BEINGS life. God does not consider animals on the same level as human beings, they do not have a soul and are not made in His image.

The Hebrew language also has two words that are similar one being to kill and the other for murder. When you translate the Bible the word for murder is what is present, not the word for kill. But the English translators back in the time of King James had not that knowledge or assumed people were generally smarter than today....obviously.

In biblical Hebrew, as in English, killing (harag) and murder (ratzah) are two different words with two very different moral connotations, and the commandment uses the Hebrew word ratzah, which means that the proper translation of the commandment from Hebrew into English is, "Thou shalt not murder."

Last edited:
How do y’all find land to hunt at? I have a spot that I like but its a little drive....but it seems like all the land around me is either being hunted by the locals or paid for from dudes from omaha who come out and pay money for it. Anyone ever actually just go knocking anymore?
Great question. I have tried quite a bit to find places with an hour of Adams county. Never really have much luck.

So lets go over "You shall not kill", which is the 5th commandment.

God told us not to murder. You see there are two words that each have their own meaning, kill and murder are two different things. One is the justifiable ending of a HUMAN BEINGS life and the other is the unjust ending of a HUMAN,BEINGS life. God does not consider animals on the same level as human beings, they do not have a soul and are not made in His image.

The Hebrew language also has two words that are similar one being to kill and the other for murder. When you translate the Bible the word for murder is what is present, not the word for kill. But the English translators back in the time of King James had not that knowledge or assumed people were generally smarter than today....obviously.

In biblical Hebrew, as in English, killing (harag) and murder (ratzah) are two different words with two very different moral connotations, and the commandment uses the Hebrew word ratzah, which means that the proper translation of the commandment from Hebrew into English is, "Thou shalt not murder."
You don't think animals have souls? or is that just something you learned in church?

You should probably get a hold of all the bibles and have the commandments rewritten correctly, since according to you, they were not translated correctly.

You don't think animals have souls? or is that just something you learned in church?

You should probably get a hold of all the bibles and have the commandments rewritten correctly, since according to you, they were not translated correctly.

Not sure if you're much into theology but most, and by most I mean nearly all of them, do not consider animals to bear souls. Spirits, but not souls. And since you brought up the Biblical reference to the 5th commandment, that's what we're discussing now, your misunderstanding of God's word.

As to gathering up all the Bibles, if you just take the time to shut off popular culture and get down to studying and trying to get to know what God has to say, you would find that the King James version is good in that the translators were faithful in their attempt to translate it into English but not perfect because they just lacked some understanding of the Hebrew language or they didn't think people would be so dense in theit understanding of what God was talking about.

Last edited:
dang you can really reach trying to make your point. Tablets?? Really. Did you even read the book? It’s ok if you don’t like hunting, nobody is trying to make you do it. Different strokes for different folks. There have been hunters since time began. Hunting and fishing monies do so much good for wildlife and the future of wildlife. Hunting and fishing is a huge economic benefit to many parts of our great country, and around the globe. Best of all, it is an activity that can include your whole family, along with many great friends. So you enjoy your hobbies and I will enjoy mine.
you at least owned it. I don't agree with it, but you did own up to it, so I can respect that.

these other guys that want to give excuses of food or conservation or what have you, are just trying to wriggle out of owning up to it, that's all.

and for the religious guys, they can just ask for forgiveness and they're good..

anyway, thanks for owning it.. I'm done on the subject.

I think Most Hunters and Fishermen are some of the best stewards of our environment. They may or may not support climate change. but they generally care for the environment.

Leave only footprints....

if you compare fishermen vs leisure boaters...I'm guessing that the people who fish are most likely to not pollute other than leaving an occasional lure between two rocks at the bottom of the lake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT