ADVERTISEMENT

So lets talk tunnel walk

I couldn't really hear the song they played over the fans. Anyone have the name of it or a link?

Anyway, the video was cool and the lights were badass. I'm not sure how I feel about the song. (I've heard a lot of people didn't like it, but that's not surprising.)

One critique over the years has been too much talking because it quiets the crowd. Not an issue last night as fans were going to be jacked up regardless.

I am in the camp of wanting less talking in the tunnel walk video, so I hope that part is minimized in the future. But for last night being the start of a new era, I'm fine with it.

I couldn't really hear the song they played over the fans. Anyone have the name of it or a link?

Anyway, the video was cool and the lights were badass. I'm not sure how I feel about the song. (I've heard a lot of people didn't like it, but that's not surprising.)

Not a fan of the new song. Hard to upgrade from Sirius.

Reactions: oldjar07
I just don't get the new song choice as the problem with picking anything "new" is you're risking a one-hit wonder, and the video is basically homeless people and antifa supporters? Two things Nebraska has little of, I'm sure. At least Sirius was a "classic" so you're not really expecting to pit it up against anything current. Might as well have been Limp Bizkit at that point...not impressed.

Not a fan of the new song. Hard to upgrade from Sirius.
There's only so many songs that you can use for a tunnel walk. You need something that has a great intro that pumps the fans up. It needs to appeal to all age groups and all musical genres. It needs to sound good over the stadium speakers. There's very few songs that match all those criteria, but Sirius did.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
There's only so many songs that you can use for a tunnel walk. You need something that has a great intro that pumps the fans up. It needs to appeal to all age groups and all musical genres. There's very few songs that match all those criteria, but Sirius did.
exactly there are only about a dozen or so songs that fit the billing for the tunnel walk
Welcome to the Jungle - Gun's N Roses
Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Eye of The Tiger - Survivor
Jump - Van Halen
Battle Without Honor or Humanity - Hotei
We Will Rock You - Queen
Sirius - Alan Parson's Project

If they were going to go with something "New" they should have picked someone like Avicii or Imagine Dragons who have mass appeal for being new artists.

Since it was the only thing that happened....

best one...2009

Love the countdown

Thought?
Let me tell you, I have not been a huge fan of the tunnel walk for a long long time. This one was different. What an amazing atmosphere. Everything was timed perfectly last night from the flyover, fireworks to the music. Perfect. Great music. Great atmosphere. I spent a bunch of money to get to this game and I was not as disappointed as some would think. The game would have been anti-climactic compared to all the pregame stuff. I got my money's worth and I was right on the tails of the team as they left the field.

Let me tell you, I have not been a huge fan of the tunnel walk for a long long time. This one was different. What an amazing atmosphere. Everything was timed perfectly last night from the flyover, fireworks to the music. Perfect. Great music. Great atmosphere. I spent a bunch of money to get to this game and I was not as disappointed as some would think. The game would have been anti-climactic compared to all the pregame stuff. I got my money's worth and I was right on the tails of the team as they left the field.

Fritz, people need to hit that "clap" with a huge footstomp/clap until Memorial Stadium comes crashing down...

exactly there are only about a dozen or so songs that fit the billing for the tunnel walk
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Jump - Van Halen
We Will Rock You - Queen

If they were going to go with something "New" they should have picked someone like Avicii or Imagine Dragons who have mass appeal for being new artists.

I would have went with the beginning of "All of the Lights" by Kanye. Has a great "pump up" intro, and Frost is known for wearing Yeezys. Would also fit with the new lights in the tunnel.

Last edited:
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Jump - Van Halen
We Will Rock You - Queen

"Start Me Up"? Makes me nauseous when it's played before kickoffs. Such an overplayed song in that situation. Actually, maybe use "Right Now" by Van Halen as a kickoff song.

I could go for a couple Imagine Dragons songs.

I'll throw a couple more older ones out there...

All Along the Watchtower - Jimmy Hendrix (Maybe too slow)
Everybody Wants Some!! - Van Halen, hits the crescendo about 1:15 in

Reactions: ThrowBones92
"Start Me Up"? Makes me nauseous when it's played before kickoffs. Such an overplayed song in that situation. Actually, maybe use "Right Now" by Van Halen as a kickoff song.

I could go for a couple Imagine Dragons songs.

I'll throw a couple more older ones out there...

All Along the Watchtower - Jimmy Hendrix (Maybe too slow)
Everybody Wants Some!! - Van Halen, hits the crescendo about 1:15 in
If you're gonna go with Hendrix you gotta go with Voodoo Child

Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Jump - Van Halen
We Will Rock You - Queen

Back in black by AC/DC might be kind of cool

OMG please not 7 Nation Army. That song has been over played at every soccer stadium and esp. during the World Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
I thought the one last night was boring...too much talking, and no offense, but Frost and Osborne are not pump up guys..they are vanilla nebraskans...I liked the 2009 one because the countdown has no words but only text and heavy base explosions...it points out all the great things that NU has done, gives opportunities to show big hits, big scores, 5 national titles, 3 heismans, 2 great coaches, and 1 Nebraska...it is supposed to be a pump up video...show big hits, big scores, hall o famers playing, iconic moments...not some people talking.

Sirius. No to very little talking. Radio calls of 3 quick snippets of highlights.
Thhe problem with the tunnel walk, as ive said numerous times, is the extreme length its gotten to.

We've got a dozen different suggestions and therein lies the conundrum. You're never going to please everybody. I liked the music for the tunnel walk. I thought the whole deal was as well done as I've ever seen. I wasn't wild about some of the stuff during warmups but then I'm normally not in the stadium that early. I'm just happy that I was able to be there to see the new staff lead the team out. Great fun.

Sirius. No to very little talking. Radio calls of 3 quick snippets of highlights.
Thhe problem with the tunnel walk, as ive said numerous times, is the extreme length its gotten to.
Which is strange because there hasn't been many noteworthy highlights to warrant adding them to the tunnel walk.

Which is strange because there hasn't been many noteworthy highlights to warrant adding them to the tunnel walk.
The whole idea is to add to the fan experience, with the how good the television broadcasts have gotten it's getting more and more difficult to get butts in the seats, even in Nebraska. That's why we've seen the fireworks, the extended tunnel walk, more video screens, better wifi, added bathrooms, now they are adding the light shows etc. people pay good money to come watch the team play and the university has a lot more to compete with now that people have 80 inch 4k televisions. It isn't about just seeing the game anymore, it's gotta be an experience.

Didn't read any prior posts. I am a traditionalist. Attended every year from '94, as a 6 year old, to this past Saturday. I am 30 years old. I absolutely love our history. But, I am more than accepting that our Big Red needed an update. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE SIRIUS!!! IT IS US!!!!! But, as much as we all knew, myself included, we needed pizzazz again. That is likely what this movement is all about

There's only so many songs that you can use for a tunnel walk. You need something that has a great intro that pumps the fans up. It needs to appeal to all age groups and all musical genres. It needs to sound good over the stadium speakers. There's very few songs that match all those criteria, but Sirius did.
I love the old tunnel walk..but it doesn’t need to pump anyone up unless they’re the ones playing the game. The beauty of the tunnel walk, for the players and the fans in the tunnel, is greeting the players. Not hearing the music. It’s way deeper than a song.

Reactions: saluno22
I love the old tunnel walk..but it doesn’t need to pump anyone up unless they’re the ones playing the game. The beauty of the tunnel walk, for the players and the fans in the tunnel, is greeting the players. Not hearing the music. It’s way deeper than a song.
It reminds me of watching old university-produced games, pre-Husker Vision. Bought the DVD set a few years ago, and was watching the 1992 and 1993 games thinking "The actual tunnel walk didn't change in 1994, just the rest of the stadium got to see it and they put music to it to make it a production.

My favorite was 5'7 Frankie Solich stoically walking in front of the team going absolutely berserk behind him. It was simply, exciting, and hilarious at the same time.

The waterfall/paratroopers under Steve Pederson can never see the light of day again for all I care. Sick

Reactions: huskerfan66
It reminds me of watching old university-produced games, pre-Husker Vision. Bought the DVD set a few years ago, and was watching the 1992 and 1993 games thinking "The actual tunnel walk didn't change in 1994, just the rest of the stadium got to see it and they put music to it to make it a production.

My favorite was 5'7 Frankie Solich stoically walking in front of the team going absolutely berserk behind him. It was simply, exciting, and hilarious at the same time.

The waterfall/paratroopers under Steve Pederson can never see the light of day again for all I care. Sick

Sometimes we have to learn from the mistakes from our past...please forgive me. Winking

The first game of the 98 season? Mike Rucker and Tony Ortiz in the front going nuts was great. Right before they came out of the tunnel you see Matt Davidson flipping out..it’s awesome

Geez thanks for bringing up a bad memory. Like a belch from a bad onion.

Loved it! Always like the husker power chant, and then the lights cut out! You knew something cool was going down! Loudest I’ve heard a tunnel walk... ever. The gate opening was cool, and liked seeing former Huskers talking during the intro. It was flawless! It also helped that the crowd was blitzed!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT