ADVERTISEMENT

So let me get this straight...

.... KU puts Les Miles on admin leave for something he did at LSU.... and yet Curtis Townsend who is on tape talking about money to Zion Williamson walks free....
Crazy world....
Are you, OP, equating "buying recruits" to "sexually harassing" college aged girls as a 50 year old person in a leadership position?

I don't care, just want to know your price.

Reactions: shine003
.... KU puts Les Miles on admin leave for something he did at LSU.... and yet Curtis Townsend who is on tape talking about money to Zion Williamson walks free....
Crazy world....

The Townsend tapes were pretty vague (and there is still a possible penalty). Miles behavior won’t fly in this environment. He’ll be leaving KU for sure, IMO.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Are you, OP, equating "buying recruits" to "sexually harassing" college aged girls as a 50 year old person in a leadership position?

I don't care, just want to know your price.
No, Miles was very wrong.... but even in his wrongness there is some vagueness.... a degree of he said she said.... but there is a tape of Townsend.... and I’m not sure how it can be construed as vague

No, Miles was very wrong.... but even in his wrongness there is some vagueness.... a degree of he said she said.... but there is a tape of Townsend.... and I’m not sure how it can be construed as vague
This day and age vague sexual harrassment claims outweigh any amount of evidence on cheating to win....you know this, mang.

Crazy world....
What is even more upside down is that they do this to Miles while the past and sitting President are on video touching and harassing young women. It's a strange world we live in where a football coach can get crucified for something that allegedly happened over a decade ago and we give a complete pass to our politicians.

What is even more upside down is that they do this to Miles while the past and sitting President are on video touching and harassing young women. It's a strange world we live in where a football coach can get crucified for something that allegedly happened over a decade ago and we give a complete pass to our politicians.
there aren't really any good alternatives to current politicians. there are very few that are likable to begin with. let alone studying their past behavior for inappropriate moments. We are not attracting very good candidates to our political offices. That, or, those good candidates are transforming themselves into disgusting people as a way to get office. unfortunately, our country is so obsessed with someone being a republican or democrat we really dont care about anything else about them. we will support them no matter what. we , the people, are at fault.
we are just like LSU and others. cover it all up because we dont want to lose.
lindsey graham as example called out trump for a lot of bad shit and behavior but then said he wouldn't even hesitate to vote for him. well, if thats our mentality, then we deserve all the shitty politicians we get.

Reactions: RedLegion
Crazy world....
Kansas cheats their ass off in basketball and gets away with it for yrs n yrs.
What a joke.

It's almost like people carefully tailor their selective outrage along party lines, and think everyone is dying to hear their red-hot political takes regardless of the topic at hand. Don't you hate it when that happens?

Reactions: dinglefritz
there aren't really any good alternatives to current politicians. there are very few that are likable to begin with. let alone studying their past behavior for inappropriate moments. We are not attracting very good candidates to our political offices. That, or, those good candidates are transforming themselves into disgusting people as a way to get office. unfortunately, our country is so obsessed with someone being a republican or democrat we really dont care about anything else about them. we will support them no matter what. we , the people, are at fault.
lindsey graham as example called out trump for a lot of bad shit and behavior but then said he wouldn't even hesitate to vote for him. well, if thats our mentality, then we deserve all the shitty politicians we get.
Sort of a chicken and egg thing. (My advanced apologies to the poultry and all animal and human communities in the event this expression offends or has unknown racial undertones).

how many good people stay out of politics because of the prying eye of the public?

Yes, it's a sad thing to say the least.

It's called voting on policy, not personality, which is what every single person should do, because 98% of politicians will at the very least bend the truth, if not completely lie through their teeth. Words mean very little, especially coming from a politician. Being "likable" should have very little do with it. You use Lindsey Graham as an example of what is wrong, but he is the perfect example of how mature and educated people should handle it. He doesn't like Trump the person (which I think is the majority of republicans), but he knows that his policies are better for the Country, which is why he wouldn't hesitate to vote for him. It makes perfect sense.

Sort of a chicken and egg thing. (My advanced apologies to the poultry and all animal and human communities in the event this expression offends or has unknown racial undertones).

how many good people stay out of politics because of the prying eye of the public?
I've been asked to run for state office several times and I've always said no way. I'm afraid somebody will dig up a few of the stupid things I did when I was in high school and college 40+ years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT