ADVERTISEMENT

So is Zac Darlington really in the mix?

I hadn't heard this. That is interesting if there is something to that. Only been hearing about Bush, Stanton and Armstrong. Could be worth watching...

nothing against Darlington but hopefully he never sees the field ....his brain might not be able to take another hit

Originally posted by 500mileRadius:
If he says positives about all the QBs then it won't look so bad when TA ends up #3 on the depth chart
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Won't happen til after the season start. Amy sooner and this team will be in turmoil. Especially if we lose to BYU.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Bump for Tom, a response from 3 hours ago. Quit trolling and read your own thread that you claimed I didn't participate in.
Then why the heck is Darlington out there, getting reps, having the coach say glowing things about him, and acting like he has a shot if it is all a charade? I would have thought your response might have addressed these issues.

There is no possible way Armstrong ends up #3 on the depth chart. Riley was talking about how Darlington improved while TA was hurt. Stanton has not really impressed so it is only up to Bush at this point to take the no.1 spot. I don't care who is taking snaps this fall but I fully believe our coaches will put the best man behind center come opening day.

We'll all know who is 1,2, and 3 when the depth chart is revealed in fall. This may have been the first time I've heard mention of Darlington outside of concussions. Just my opinion, Riley was giving a kudos, nothing more, nothing less.

Originally posted by Tulsa Tom:
Then why the heck is Darlington out there, getting reps, having the coach say glowing things about him, and acting like he has a shot if it is all a charade? I would have thought your response might have addressed these issues.
Its called developing QBs. It's kind of nice to see guys actually get a shot at showing what they can do isn't it? Giving a kid a chance to get reps is good for competition and good for the confidence of the younger guys. Would you rather have Riley telling the media that they all suck? If you haven't gathered it by now, Riley is a very positive guy that teaches and builds.

perhaps you're right but there are a lot of doctors that have cleared him to play both here at Nebraska and his doctors back home. Hard to believe his father would put him at substantial risk.

Is your life so empty that you see it necessary to troll on anonymous message boards to feel better about yourself or have "human interaction"?

Seriously, your charade is played out. Find something better to do, find a positive purpose for you life, or move on from Nebraska football. Better yet, just grow up...

It was one sentence about one practice. I'd take it with at least a couple grains of salt. If you average out all the commentary, it's Armstrong's job to lose, but he doesn't have a ironclad grip on it. I expect A.J. Bush will emerge as the #2 and that the fans are going to be clamoring for him any time T.A. struggles.

Darlington will be the new favorite guy like Fife was and like Broekemerereereiermereirerier was, where every time he gets a good ball off in practice, somebody will try to interpret that to mean he's the next Joe Montana.

I say again: LaTravis Washington.

Originally posted by TheBeav815:
It was one sentence about one practice. I'd take it with at least a couple grains of salt. If you average out all the commentary, it's Armstrong's job to lose, but he doesn't have a ironclad grip on it. I expect A.J. Bush will emerge as the #2 and that the fans are going to be clamoring for him any time T.A. struggles.

Darlington will be the new favorite guy like Fife was and like Broekemerereereiermereirerier was, where every time he gets a good ball off in practice, somebody will try to interpret that to mean he's the next Joe Montana.

I say again: LaTravis Washington.
I disagree with the Washington comparison, but yes, I'm fully aware the #2 QB is usually the most popular guy on the team. We've got 5 scholly QBs right now and our current starter doesn't have the job locked down. Probably the most exciting QB race we've had in some time.

Originally posted by Charlie Marlow:
Trying to remember waay back. who was it that first said TM3 would be starting over Zac Lee, only to be laughed off?
Husker Preacher was the one I remember being so vocal about it. Not sure if he was first but he spoke up a lot and had a lot of people crying on here.

i don't indrstand the Tulsa Tom hate in this thread. Was there something to the OP question that was offensive?

Originally posted by gldnglv165:

Husker Preacher was the one I remember being so vocal about it. Not sure if he was first but he spoke up a lot and had a lot of people crying on here.

i don't indrstand the Tulsa Tom hate in this thread. Was there something to the OP question that was offensive?
Thought it was a fairly legit question since riley had been giving him some props. But there is probably some simmering backstory drama feud going on that spans beyond this thread.

Originally posted by Charlie Marlow:
Trying to remember waay back. who was it that first said TM3 would be starting over Zac Lee, only to be laughed off?
I'm not sure who that was but do remember it. One thing we have not had in a long time is consistency at quarterback. TMart probably rivals Crouch in highlight reel moments but we just have not had consistency at that position. From what I have seen of Riley's offense, consistency is more important than great moments.

It was a newer poster that made the Martinez claim. He claimed to of been at that Saturday scrimmage where TM went ham on everyone, including Hagg and Amukamara a couple times each. Bo never looked back from that point on.

At this point in the spring, everyone is "in the mix", but there are front-runners. Riley is doing what good coaches do--he is simply giving a player credit for showing improvement. It doesn't mean he is a front runner or that he's going to start. If a college player is doing a good job, he deserves credit. And in spring there should be more reps to spread around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT