ADVERTISEMENT

So is EVERY player on campus now?

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
I have not read or heard updates that confirms all members of the team are now or soon will be in Lincoln. The Marcus Fleming post info would be worrisome from self isolation requirements, etc.. It will be interesting to learn 1 week from today if it has been observed that there are notable absences.
GBR!

Glad he's here. We got a character.

The sports talk shows alluded to the coaches needing to "do some recruiting" with the current team. And we may see some attrition soon. Hope this puts it all to rest.

Losing Fleming would be bad for an already thin playmaker group

I’m not sure I’d say a thin group. Young group Yes, but definitely not thin. When you figure in this years recruiting class on top of what the Huskers have now at WR, the Huskers will have almost 11 4 star WRs on roster.

D Houston, J Nance, C Hickman, W Robinson, O Manning, Z Betts, M Fleming, A Brown, O Martin, K Grimes, and L Neville. Then we have a couple high 3 stars WRs as well (one or two being borderline 4 star ratings). 8 of those 4 star WRs will be Sophomores and under.

I’m not sure I’d say a thin group. Young group Yes, but definitely not thin. When you figure in this years recruiting class on top of what the Huskers have now at WR, the Huskers will have almost 11 4 star WRs on roster.

D Houston, J Nance, C Hickman, W Robinson, O Manning, Z Betts, M Fleming, A Brown, O Martin, K Grimes, and L Neville. Then we have a couple high 3 stars WRs as well (one or two being borderline 4 star ratings). 8 of those 4 star WRs will be Sophomores and under.

Do you think it's fair to count guys who are still in high school?

Reactions: Wichita Husker
your such a grumpy old man. Why do you even bother anymore. Go play bingo with the rest of the 60-90 year old men. But you are right, that’s EXACTLY WHAT I SAID. Not a thin group but a young group. So thanks you for helping me out.

I am not grumpy in the least. Just grown tired of the last 20 years of all potential teams. Guys like you pump up these young players as if they are all cant miss dudes. Yet, I would bet an significant amount of money that 1/3 of them never see meaningful reps, and a couple more will transfer out because they were beat out by a walk on.

But if it makes you feel better to push potential to actual results, who am I to say you can't.

Reactions: oldjar07
Then do what I normally do with your whiney BS and ignore it and stick with your type of stuff. I see plenty of BS you post and I don’t say word. I move onto the next topics and posts because we all have our views and takes.

But then you go pulling your normal grumpy BS and start crap with me AGAIN. Even when I’m trying to stop arguing with some of you guys, you come hunting me down starting crap.

BTW, I didn’t even claim freaking potential, I just said we had a young WR group. That’s it. End of story.

Then don't reply back Salts. Just continue to follow every high school and Nebraska player's social media accounts and report back to the board and ignore me.

Or reply to my BS stuff and prove me wrong. It's a discussion board, if you just want everyone to agree with you, then you are in the wrong place.

then don’t reply back, I’m supposed to let you just come up, and basically attack me because I said we had a young WR group and then let you spin it off like I’m claiming these guys to be the next all American WRs?

What, is that hard for you to show some self control too? No one needed to see your crap either, it’s literally a two way door. Maybe I’m wrong, I called you an old man. Maybe your a young 12 year old instead?

Attack? Your skin is that thin that when I write "it's the all potential team, just wait until they get their chance" that you deem that as an attack?

C'mon Tuco & Huskerssalts, you're "both" as sharp as a whip. Why not just buy each other a beer and everything will be ok.

I’d honestly be fine with that (buying Tuco a beer) I moved on from the BS him and I had months ago but apparently someone holds a grudge. That or he’s got a thing for me. I have heard I’m handsome guy....so who knows. ;)

But your right, enough of the elementary and middle school crap. There is nothing wrong with being excited about the Huskers future...GBR

I’d honestly be fine with that. I moved on from the BS him and I had months ago but apparently someone holds a grudge. That or he’s got a thing for me. I have heard I’m handsome guy....so who knows. ;)

But your right, enough of the elementary and middle school crap. There is nothing wrong with being excited about the Huskers future...GBR

Good job Huskerssalts! Yes, you can bet the ranch that there's nothing wrong about seeing the Huskers come back to where they absolutely belong. Again, you "both" post damn good NU insights that I enjoy.

So everything is ok...have fun!!

Reactions: huskerssalts
Good job Huskerssalts! Yes, you can bet the ranch that there's nothing wrong about seeing the Huskers come back to where they absolutely belong. Again, you "both" post damn good NU insights that I enjoy.

So everything is ok...have fun!!

That’s easy to do when you see Frost bringing in back to back Top 15 and Top 17-19 range recruiting classes and currently working on another Top 20 class. He’s absolutely bringing in talent we haven’t seen in Lincoln since the Callahan years.

Then you see what Frost and this staff did at UCF and having a Top 5 offense and scoring almost every time they have the ball. They beat 4 Top 25 teams and one Top 10 team in the bowl game.

It’s just a matter of time before Frost has the talent he needs for the Huskers and then it’s on like Donkey Kong biotch!!! The last 3 years have sucked and bad, I get it. But it’s only a matter of time before we turn that corner and never look back. GBR

Last edited:
That’s easy to do when you see Frost bringing in back to back Top 15 and Top 17-19 range recruiting classes and currently working on another Top 20 class. He’s absolutely bringing in talent we haven’t seen in Lincoln since the Callahan years.

Then you see what Frost and this staff did at UCF and having a Top 5 offense and scoring almost every time they have the ball. They beat 4 Top 25 teams and one Top 10 team in the bowl game.

It’s just a matter of time before Frost has the talent he needs for the Huskers and then it’s on like Donkey Kong. The last 3 years have sucked and bad, I get it. But it’s only a matter of time before we turn that corner and never look back. GBR

You betcha sir! I too think/hope he's on the right road. What helps me a lot was seeing last year how our Oline turned around being marginal (at best) to fairly good. Now that we're returning them all "and" have some other big uglies ready to roll.....well, that gives me boatloads of hope. I think HCSF knows damn well we "must" have a good running game. Without that, we'll just have more Clownahan & Smiling Mike results.

Oh God, I just can't wait..... :)

Couldn't agree more about the WR group. It's NOT thin, but yes it's INEXPERIENCED. It will only be "thin" if there are defections, injuries or Covid-19 gets us. That could happen but right now we are not thin at the position. And don't forget there are some TE's.

I’d honestly be fine with that (buying Tuco a beer) I moved on from the BS him and I had months ago but apparently someone holds a grudge. That or he’s got a thing for me. I have heard I’m handsome guy....so who knows. ;)

Come on guys, your stupid bickering is ruining a good discussion, one is an old fart and the other a young punk but both acting like babies

Omar Manning should see 5+ targets 25yds downfield or more every single game.

unless the quarterback can't throw it that far, there is quite literally zero reason for him not to.

more vertical, less horizontal this year and beyond. please.

Omar Manning should see 5+ targets 25yds downfield or more every single game.

unless the quarterback can't throw it that far, there is quite literally zero reason for him not to.

more vertical, less horizontal this year and beyond. please.

Our lack of vertical game, not just in completions but attempts, was pathetic last year.
It was obvious all year, but I think the Iowa game had a stat where AM threw only one completion that went over 10 yds.

Is Martin eligible?

yes, on Huskers.com it even shows him as a grad transfer so he definitely eligible.
Come on guys, your stupid bickering is ruining a good discussion, one is an old fart and the other a young punk but both acting like babies

A few hours late my man and it’s definitely over with. I even went back and deleted some of that mess. Good luck getting Tuco do that though. Btw, I’m in my 30s...mid/late 30s at that...;)

Last edited:
When I was in school at UNL in the 70s there were several players walking around with big wads of cash. I think they called in summer employment. wink wink
Same thing in the 90s...work at Big Red Auto consisted of sitting in dorms rooms and playing video games in between sessions of a syringe in each buttocks. But hey, Nebraska morality mythology contends everybody was doing it.

I am not grumpy in the least. Just grown tired of the last 20 years of all potential teams. Guys like you pump up these young players as if they are all cant miss dudes. Yet, I would bet an significant amount of money that 1/3 of them never see meaningful reps, and a couple more will transfer out because they were beat out by a walk on.

But if it makes you feel better to push potential to actual results, who am I to say you can't.

Curt Dukes! Harrison Beck!

No more backwards swing passes

or maybe not as much anyways. I get why they call the play. Getting Wandale Robinson the ball as fast as possible and getting it to him out in space....that’s a home run waiting to happen. But I get, I think we definitely tried to do it to often. We need to back down some and be more strategic about it.

Reactions: bshirt73
or maybe not as much anyways. I get why they call the play. Getting Wandale Robinson the ball as fast as possible and getting it to him out in space....that’s a home run waiting to happen. But I get, I think we definitely tried to do it to often. We need to back down some and be more strategic about it.
Just throw it up and make the other team guard us if we actually have the athletes we think we do.

...or maybe backward swing pass to Luke McCaffrey with Vokolek and Warner or Hickman blocking and Luke throws deep to Manning or Wandale for a TD and Huskers Win and everyone’s happy and we drink beer.

...or maybe backward swing pass to Luke McCaffrey with Vokolek and Warner or Hickman blocking and Luke throws deep to Manning or Wandale for a TD and Huskers Win and everyone’s happy and we drink beer.

I almost guarantee Frost has some plays like that and with a guy like Luke and Logan, those type of plays will definitely be an option. GBR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT