ADVERTISEMENT

So I'm Surprised ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
with all the earlier discussions of the Mickey Joseph situation there hasn't been any recent update on his court appearance. I understood he was scheduled to appear in Lancaster court sometime in January unless it got delayed. Not judging the situation one way or the other - that's up to the court to decide.

with all the earlier discussions of the Mickey Joseph situation there hasn't been any recent update on his court appearance. I understood he was scheduled to appear in Lancaster court sometime in January unless it got delayed. Not judging the situation one way or the other - that's up to the court to decide.
His next court date was scheduled for Jan 30, no idea if it has been extended.

Let's move on!
Think almost everyone has moved on!

If you're the family golden goose, you may get to keep laying them golden eggs.

might be a blessing in disguise that Mickey is out

So McGuire going to produce a 1,000 yard receiver first year too? Sweet

I’ll remember you said that McGuire might be a blessing here. I fully expect him to produce a Trey Palmer, Chase, and Justin Jefferson type now that you stated that.

I’ll remember you said that McGuire might be a blessing here.
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

You have problems comprehending your own thoughts? Since that’s difficult for you, let me break it down for you. Tell me if you need me to slow down. You stated

might be a blessing in disguise that Mickey is out

What would be a blessing? Someone to do Better or worse than Mickey? Mickey brought in and coached a 1,000 yard receiver year 1. So surely McGuire being the blessing in disguise you are pointing to, he can surely do that right?

I mean they couldn’t even get DJ Moore 1,000 yards in 17 games. An extremely talented WR in the NFL extremely underutilized. Everyone had slated for a big year. Soooo…

I don’t mean to knock McGuire, but let’s not pretend Mickey was a bad coach ok. Cause he was a good coach. Very good.

Maybe. But I'll settle for him not choking is significant other.
So your take is as long as someone’s a good guy, don’t care if they produce. So a big Mike Riley fan.

PS I’ll settle for sticking to the topic vs moving to a straw man approach

Last edited:
Whatever happened to the days when Lt Tragg made the bust on a Monday, the case went to the preliminary hearing on Wednesday and by Friday Perry Mason got his client off without having to go to a jury trial???

Reactions: Baxter48
Whatever happened to the days when Lt Tragg made the bust on a Monday, the case went to the preliminary hearing on Wednesday and by Friday Perry Mason got his client off without having to go to a jury trial???
law firms came to quickly realize that that chump Perry was flushing thousands of dollars when he could have been billing for hundreds of hours of fictional time he pretended to spend on the case

it would be best if mickey got a job as a hc for the largest high school in houston...
then just give rhule a call when need be with a recruit

Reactions: dinglefritz

I’ll remember you said that McGuire might be a blessing here. I fully expect him to produce a Trey Palmer, Chase, and Justin Jefferson type now that you stated that.
I think he means that the MJ situation settled the debate as to whether or not we were hiring from outside or promoting HJ to head coach. Which brought in Rhule.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I think he means that the MJ situation settled the debate as to whether or not we were hiring from outside or promoting HJ to head coach. Which brought in Rhule.
I get what you’re saying, and this is a little nitpicking, but it was past the point of Mickey getting the HC spot. He would’ve more than likely been retained as WR Coach had the DD not happened, but not HC.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You have problems comprehending your own thoughts? Since that’s difficult for you, let me break it down for you. Tell me if you need me to slow down. You stated

What would be a blessing? Someone to do Better or worse than Mickey? Mickey brought in and coached a 1,000 yard receiver year 1. So surely McGuire being the blessing in disguise you are pointing to, he can surely do that right?

I mean they couldn’t even get DJ Moore 1,000 yards in 17 games. An extremely talented WR in the NFL extremely underutilized. Everyone had slated for a big year. Soooo…

I don’t mean to knock McGuire, but let’s not pretend Mickey was a bad coach ok. Cause he was a good coach. Very good.
Jesus guy, go beat your dog or something to relieve your internet anger, my comment was strictly based on having a new head coach who may or may not been forced to keep on a coach he possibly did not want in the first place. I did not express once that I would rather have the kid coach over Mickey, simply stating it could be a blessing in disguise.

The kid from Tennessee that just committed could be that guy. He’s going to have to step up though to get targets because we’ve got more options in that room this year

Reactions: BleedRed78
The kid from Tennessee that just committed could be that guy. He’s going to have to step up though to get targets because we’ve got more options in that room this year
I could see him producing that eventually but it definitely won’t be this year. This year will be Washington, Kemp, Betts, Fleeks and Brown if he stays.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT