ADVERTISEMENT

So, if NU wins tomorrow and Iowa stays undefeated...

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
who is favored for the IU/NU game? One would think that Iowa would be favored by at least a field goal. But then again....

who is favored for the IU/NU game? One would think that Iowa would be favored by at least a field goal. But then again....
Iowa is a pretty good road team this season...I wouldn't bet against them. I said this game will be tough but Iowa has a lot to play for and Nebraska will be playing for a bowl game. This game comes down to how healthy Beathard is and what Tommy will show up... the PlayMaker Tommy or Turnover Tommy... Iowa by 3 ;)

Iowa is a pretty good road team this season...I wouldn't bet against them. I said this game will be tough but Iowa has a lot to play for and Nebraska will be playing for a bowl game. This game comes down to how healthy Beathard is and what Tommy will show up... the PlayMaker Tommy or Turnover Tommy... Iowa by 3 ;)
Agree. As much as Armstrong can help you he can hurt you. Way too much boom or bust with T.A. jr. If my scenario plays out it should be a great game.

Agree. As much as Armstrong can help you he can hurt you. Way too much boom or bust with T.A. jr. If my scenario plays out it should be a great game.

Is this a trick question? Undefeated Iowa would be favored.

I think they will be favored by about as much as MSU was. I'll say Iowa -4.

Too hard to say really. I see match up problems for both teams, and it will depend on the health of both QB's. I'll wait until the week before before I judge it

Is this a trick question? Undefeated Iowa would be favored.
No this isn't a trick. I asked this because since the game is in Lincoln and the fact that Nebraska has a bye week prior to the game and Iowa does not, NU could be favored. If things pan-out, this could be a great game.

That seems low. I can't see two miracles happening.

Nebraska could of been right there in the thick of things and people understand that. We are very young with some very talented players coupled with veterans that are being coached by someone who can cultivate their talent. We lost three games we had no reason losing. The other three we just didn't get it done. If we play like i think we can against Rutgers then that final piece will be in place for Riley. We'll beat Iowa and impose our will against our bowl opponent.

No this isn't a trick. I asked this because since the game is in Lincoln and the fact that Nebraska has a bye week prior to the game and Iowa does not, NU could be favored. If things pan-out, this could be a great game.

I am of the belief (and I know there are arguments on both sides) that bye weeks are overrated. I'd say overrated to the same level as homecoming, senior day, etc...

Those games might provide you with a boost of early energy where you're out there and look loose, confident, etc... At the end of the day fundamentals and smart football will even things out IMO.

I am of the belief (and I know there are arguments on both sides) that bye weeks are overrated. I'd say overrated to the same level as homecoming, senior day, etc...

Those games might provide you with a boost of early energy where you're out there and look loose, confident, etc... At the end of the day fundamentals and smart football will even things out IMO.
There are elements of truth to this but NU hasn't had a bye week all year. We're beat up. So this upcoming bye week is just what the doctor ordered.

There are elements of truth to this but NU hasn't had a bye week all year. We're beat up. So this upcoming bye week is just what the doctor ordered.
Actually, today vs Rutgers, Nebraska is the healthiest they've been since week one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT