ADVERTISEMENT

So if a player tests positive during the season

Among younger people, yes. Over half of all recent cases in Minnesota are people under age 40. The majority of the state's cases are those aged 20-29, which is also the age range of the majority of protestors.
https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html#case2

You will find similar data for almost every other area that had protests. It's mostly people in their 20s and 30s that are testing positive now, whereas it was mostly older people before the protests.
Stop it, and I mean stop it. You know this direct correlation doesn’t fit the narrative. Not yet anyway, they haven’t figured out how to blame Trump for the protests yet. Give em time and it will happen.

Some Dr.s I've listened to say there's a much stronger correlation to the protests than bar opening as shown by statistics. When the Wisconsin supreme court slapped down their governor and allowed bars to open, what happened to their case numbers? Virtually nothing. The areas in Houston, LA and Florida where they're having surges in positive cases in young people were also areas which had large protests. Most of the other areas in their states....not so much of an increase in cases. When bars in our area opened up fully 3-4 weeks ago we've not seen any spike in cases.

Almost all of the cases we're getting are from work related exposure (packing plants) and LARGE FAMILY GATHERINGS.
I know that they had large amounts of I fections based on bars in st. Cloud and i believe mankato. Around 2 dozen cases from 1 night for each bar I think. The numbers have been steadily rising in MN all spring and summer. Theres no way I can look at the MN daily numbers and correlate it with protests when their are so many other factors. Maybe its different in Florida, I don't know, I don't live there. My rural, white county has roughly mirrored the state graph but I suppose all these farmers got it protesting down in Minneapolis.

Among younger people, yes. Over half of all recent cases in Minnesota are people under age 40. The majority of the state's cases are those aged 20-29, which is also the age range of the majority of protestors.
https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html#case2

You will find similar data for almost every other area that had protests. It's mostly people in their 20s and 30s that are testing positive now, whereas it was mostly older people before the protests.
What a shocker. Young people are getting infected. The same young people I see almost daily drinking and partying in large groups all summer around my area. But yeah it's the protests.

The only factor missing is the heat. As I recall, the protests coincided with a pretty big heatwave in Florida so people were probably spending much more time indoors. The protests probably had an effect on cases, but not a majority effect.

Was there an uptick in Minneapolis at the same time?
Too many variables to say. In MN when it gets hot some people head inside but alot of other people go to the lake and drink, tube down the river, etc.

I know that they had large amounts of I fections based on bars in st. Cloud and i believe mankato. Around 2 dozen cases from 1 night for each bar I think. The numbers have been steadily rising in MN all spring and summer. Theres no way I can look at the MN daily numbers and correlate it with protests when their are so many other factors. Maybe its different in Florida, I don't know, I don't live there. My rural, white county has roughly mirrored the state graph but I suppose all these farmers got it protesting down in Minneapolis.
I've said for months that I wasn't in favor of opening bars fully. That said, the areas that everyone is screaming about as having spikes, correlate MOST closely with the protests and not the opening of bars. No doubt bars are a good spot to get COVID. Some of that could possibly be the spit swapping that goes on after a few drinks gets that honey home for the evening.

I've said for months that I wasn't in favor of opening bars fully. That said, the areas that everyone is screaming about as having spikes, correlate MOST closely with the protests and not the opening of bars. No doubt bars are a good spot to get COVID. Some of that could possibly be the spit swapping that goes on after a few drinks gets that honey home for the evening.
That could very well be. I'm just saying we had some very large protests in MN but I don't think it's that cut and dried. A lot of things happened at the end of may/early june that I think led to cases to keep rising. Most notably i think people were fine with hunkering inside during a cold spring. But memorial day weekend was kind of the onset of summer and a lot of people just said f it, I'm going on with life.

I agree that bars are a tough one. Hate to see bars go under but all it takes is one infected drunk guy blabbering to everyone that gets a drink to infect the whole bar. I just know it's been game on with regard to partying around my house. The amount of people drinking and tubing in large crowds over the 4th might have gave some people heart attacks if I would have recorded it.

What a shocker. Young people are getting infected. The same young people I see almost daily drinking and partying in large groups all summer around my area. But yeah it's the protests.

31 cops in Miami who worked the protests there got Covid, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence. Several states (GA, CO, TN) have had bars and restaurants open since April, and had no increase in Covid cases for two months, until after the protests started. Europe opened bars, restaurants, and schools in April and have had no increase in cases.

I'm not saying all of the new cases are from the protests, but when these cities encourage people to crowd together in large groups for protests, they can't be surprised when other people get together to socialize. If Covid is a crisis then you need to ban all large gatherings, not make exceptions because of politics. When so-called "Health Experts" encourage these mass gatherings, don't be surprised when people start to tune them out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT