ADVERTISEMENT

So, how successful was that recruiting weekend for the Fordham game?

Speaking of recruiting. Has the season started in Texas? What has Torres done if they have started.

I do find it interesting there isn't much said about Husker recruiting. crickets

Last edited:
if espn is more worried about the sec and aac, then the big 12
things should be good

It’s a bit concerning.
With a small class we may have to depend on the transfer market (which may not be a bad thing).
How the class finishes is most important, but lack of any momentum is still alarming.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I believe it was more about getting another game played more than anything.. Last year we played a game and than had to seat out a week…
What? We didn’t add a game we just moved one. We moved it because we wanted a home game at the beginning of the season when the weather is nicer.
It wasnt about anything else.

Last edited:
It was all a bunch of Nebraska kids plus Victor Jones. Vince Genatone (0 stars) was the only real unsigned 2022 prospect.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Speaking of recruiting. Has the season started in Texas? What has Torres done if they have started.

I do find it interesting there isn't much said about Husker recruiting. crickets
He had a big first game, but the opponent was suspect. His second game was a bust. 2 picks and the offense only scored 6 points, but he did have 46 yards rushing and a rushing TD.

Week 1 he went 13/17 for 302 yards and threw for 8 TD’s in 1 half and only 1 series in the second half and was named POTW

Week 2 he struggled being held to 163 yards and 2 picks in a loss, he did have a 3 yard rushing TD.

Torres team lost to Somerset 10-6, I can't find the exact stats, but Torres had 1 rushing td, ran for about 50 yards on 7 carries, they didn't list the attempts but I believe he had about 15 completions for 150 or so yards. No TD and at least 2 INT.

Somerset was 2-7 last year and lost to Southside 33-0. They were 3-7 the year before. For reference. Although they are 2-0 this year.

I believe it was more about getting another game played more than anything.. Last year we played a game and than had to seat out a week…
True. But I'm under the impression that we've cooled on taking any more commitments until we can put some W's in the win column. That said, I hope to hell we save some spots for more transfers like Toure. Holy cow he's a good player. Time to bring one of Ohio States back up QBs to town now that it's obvious that their freshmen will be playing for the next 3 years.

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
True. But I'm under the impression that we've cooled on taking any more commitments until we can put some W's in the win column. That said, I hope to hell we save some spots for more transfers like Toure. Holy cow he's a good player. Time to bring one of Ohio States back up QBs to town now that it's obvious that their freshmen will be playing for the next 3 years.
I'm not saying that we're going to get the Ws. What I'm saying is that we aren't going to take 4 more low 3 stars just to fill the class. At this point we're better off waiting for portal guys or saving the spots for the next coach if things continue to suck.

More important than recruiting...did we make bank?? Need those home games to pad a bank account none of us will ever see. Screw recruiting, it's all about the greenbacks.
that 20 million buyout just for Frost's contract has to come from somewhere. I'm sure there's another 3-5 million needed for the rest of the staff in addition if we can Frost..... Sure could have used that 8-10 million we're giving up by not buying out the OU game.

Torres team lost to Somerset 10-6, I can't find the exact stats, but Torres had 1 rushing td, ran for about 50 yards on 7 carries, they didn't list the attempts but I believe he had about 15 completions for 150 or so yards. No TD and at least 2 INT.

Somerset was 2-7 last year and lost to Southside 33-0. They were 3-7 the year before. For reference. Although they are 2-0 this year.
The problem with taking QBs from small schools and bad programs is that you often really don't know what you're getting until you see them compete in college. Damn I hope he's an accurate passer. It starts there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT