ADVERTISEMENT

So... How many football players/staff died this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBRforLife1

Head Coach
Feb 18, 2020
Zero?

How can they keep doing this to themselves. Don't they care about their lives and the lives of others?

In just 5 days the NFL will start. Then we might have like 5 times the deaths. It's all because we didn't wear masks soon enough. Because you want to kill your neighbors grandparents. Well I hope you're happy. Because 5 times 0 will be exponential in no time at all.

Don't forget, now the "models" say 410,000 will be dead by January 1st (models that haven't been right once).

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/04/key...cts-over-410000-total-us-deaths-by-jan-1.html

What will it take to stop this charade?

Zero?

How can they keep doing this to themselves. Don't they care about their lives and the lives of others?

In just 5 days the NFL will start. Then we might have like 5 times the deaths. It's all because we didn't wear masks soon enough. Because you want to kill your neighbors grandparents. Well I hope you're happy. Because 5 times 0 will be exponential in no time at all.

Don't forget, now the "models" say 410,000 will be dead by January 1st (models that haven't been right once).

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/04/key...cts-over-410000-total-us-deaths-by-jan-1.html

I was looking at our local county's statistics for COVID this morning. We've got roughly 3 out 1000 people with active COVID infections. That number has stayed pretty constant for the past 2 months. So out of a thousand people you meet at HyVee the odds are that 3 might have it. Let's say that half are asymptomatic. Then you double that to 6/1000. That said, IF you're positive you stay home so what are the odds of actually coming in contact with somebody who is shedding virus? Very very small. We've had 3 total deaths. One was a friend of mine in hospice care for terminal cancer. He didn't really die of COVID. The other 2 were elderly with other problems.

We've got schools open and sports ongoing. It's going to be interesting to watch what happens, if anything, a couple of weeks from now.

Zero?

I'll listen to and heed the advice of medical doctors, epidemiologists, virologists, long before I listen to you.

Zero?

TCU has "postponed" it's first week game on 9/12 due to covid outbreak and contact tracing. Tennessee has cancelled it's team scrimmage because it has 40 players with Covid or in contact tracing.

TCU has "postponed" it's first week game on 9/12 due to covid outbreak and contact tracing. Tennessee has cancelled it's team scrimmage because it has 40 players with Covid it in contact tracing.

How many of these teams players are going to huge party’s... They have to understand during this pandemic to stay away from huge gathering and just hang out with their teammates if they want to have a football season..

Zero?

Not about serious illness, hospitalization and death, anymore. It's cases! Gotta stop the virus, completely, with nobody testing positive, ever, because that is scary.

Zero?

If they didn’t use apocalyptic projections then the weak minded wouldn’t have complied with the stupid mask thing. Had they said 100K dead, like a normal year, everyone shrugs and continues life.
Remember when they said...just shut down for 2 weeks and we will be good....now look.

Zero?

geez dude. every country in the world decided to respond in a similar way. its not a charade. and i know the smart people will never convince you of any other opinion so we get it. we got it. we heard it. we wrote it down. we memorized it. and we moved on. again

Reactions: Melmc and jmliehr
How many of these teams players are going to huge party’s... They have to understand during this pandemic to stay away from huge gathering and just hang out with their teammates if they want to have a football season..
It's not a perfect world. Stuff happens. I had covid. Person who told me they had it was a 65 year old who thought they were following proper proticall. Had no idea where they got it. College kids will take chances. Not all are perfect like Husker athletes.

Reactions: countrybob
they aren't releasing that information. TCU won't even announce how many players are out. with all the kids back on campus all it takes is 1 girlfriend or 1 buddy outside the team to attend a party then hang out at a football player apartment and you got it started.

Reactions: Red I 73
Not about serious illness, hospitalization and death, anymore. It's cases! Gotta stop the virus, completely, with nobody testing positive, ever, because that is scary.
well the experts are concerned about cases because they have previously led to increases in hospitalizations and deaths. we've seen that in every part of the country so it makes sense to track cases. I will say i dont look at every state but in some the cases are still rising but now the hospitalizations are still flat or declining reflecting the lower age of those being infected. so the association of number of cases with hospitalizations is lower now than previously when the infected were older people. it does appear that if we can keep it isolated to young people those other outcomes may not rise with additional cases.

One of the obstacles is the virus outbreaks occurring on campus that have opened for in class learning. The kids aren't following social distancing guidelines (surprise, surprise) and consequently the virus is raging through some of those campuses. It's not helping make the case for football to resume even though teams are following the protocols.

Maskless protests and rioting have already cured this disease. Can we please move along to the next problem??

I heard there is something called the asteroid belt between Jupiter and Mars, we need to start living under-ground to protect ourselves from the inevitable day the solar system attacks us.

"An astonishingly good idea"

Last edited:
I no longer drive (34,000 deaths a year). I sold my motorcycle (5,000 deaths a year). I live in a plastic bubble drinking only purified water, breathing purified air and eating organic veggies (606,000 cancer deaths per year, 160,000 respiratory deaths per year). Since I don't go out I don't risk getting hit by a car (6000 deaths per year), getting murdered (16,000 deaths per year), having a home accident (30,000 deaths per year), or getting Covid (180,000 supposed deaths so far).

I love living in fear in my bubble because I no longer have to deal with life, and that is really scary.

BTW, I am worried about heart disease (647,000 deaths per year) since I don't move around much.
the-boy-in-the-plastic-bubble-lg.jpg

TCU has "postponed" it's first week game on 9/12 due to covid outbreak and contact tracing. Tennessee has cancelled it's team scrimmage because it has 40 players with Covid or in contact tracing.

With that many getting it I assume unfortunately we will see some deaths?

I was looking at our local county's statistics for COVID this morning. We've got roughly 3 out 1000 people with active COVID infections. That number has stayed pretty constant for the past 2 months. So out of a thousand people you meet at HyVee the odds are that 3 might have it. Let's say that half are asymptomatic. Then you double that to 6/1000. That said, IF you're positive you stay home so what are the odds of actually coming in contact with somebody who is shedding virus? Very very small. We've had 3 total deaths. One was a friend of mine in hospice care for terminal cancer. He didn't really die of COVID. The other 2 were elderly with other problems.

We've got schools open and sports ongoing. It's going to be interesting to watch what happens, if anything, a couple of weeks from now.

This is an significant point. The vast majority of the spread is nosocomial (in the hospital) or in the home.

One of the obstacles is the virus outbreaks occurring on campus that have opened for in class learning. The kids aren't following social distancing guidelines (surprise, surprise) and consequently the virus is raging through some of those campuses. It's not helping make the case for football to resume even though teams are following the protocols.
Again, if "raging" means hospitalizations and death... that's a big deal. If it means rampant asymptomatic situations and 2-day head colds or sore throat, that's a big yawn. Media needs to get specific, at some point. Might happen second week of November.

The virus was never properly isolated and identified and tested to prove it was the cause. The testing is very inaccurate. There are approx. 40,000 base pairs in a virus genome, the PCR test only looks for 18 of them. How accurate can that be? And masks?? The science and testing has been done by the American Association of Physician and Surgeons and MASKS DON'T WORK AGAINST A VIRUS!!! They do however create an environment that OSHA wouldn't allow you to work in, which is less than 19.5% O2. Okay, that's enough for now. Hang in there folks it's a wild ride in the Twilight Zone.

Prove it wrong instead of coming up with a link that has nothing to do with my comment.

Your “source” is a widely discredited conservative political group pretending to be a medical group. They also claimed HIV and AIDS have no relation to each other.

Reactions: Melmc
Your “source” is a widely discredited conservative political group pretending to be a medical group. They also claimed HIV and AIDS have no relation to each other.
Widely discredited by whom? The likes of you and other liberal democrats like you? They have, like many other medical groups, stated that HIV and AIDS are not the same, HIV is a virus, AIDS is a condition, HIV is an infection that you can catch and spread to other people, AIDS is a condition (or syndrome) that develops – usually many years later - in people who have been infected with HIV, but have not had the right, or perhaps any, treatment.

A person can have HIV without it ever developing into AIDS – in fact because the symptoms of HIV are often unnoticeable, estimates have more than a fifth of people with HIV have no idea they have it. Thanks for playing.

Widely discredited by whom? The likes of you and other liberal democrats like you? They have, like many other medical groups, stated that HIV and AIDS are not the same, HIV is a virus, AIDS is a condition, HIV is an infection that you can catch and spread to other people, AIDS is a condition (or syndrome) that develops – usually many years later - in people who have been infected with HIV, but have not had the right, or perhaps any, treatment.

A person can have HIV without it ever developing into AIDS – in fact because the symptoms of HIV are often unnoticeable, estimates have more than a fifth of people with HIV have no idea they have it. Thanks for playing.

If there’s no link then go inject yourself with HIV, refuse treatment and see what happens.

The entire basis was taking a model of controlled lab tests in Petri dishes and then saying that’s what happens in a complex human environment. Much like the early (and even recent) COVID projections use incomplete or faulty data.

Widely discredited...

Your bias is showing. Doesn't it give you pause as an allegedly discerning individual that there is such inconclusive consensus among the medical professionals and it significantly correlates to political leanings.

And on top of it the people who are apolitical like the Stanford professors who have called it right the entire time have said it's a massive overreaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT