ADVERTISEMENT

So... How many football players/staff died this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please provide link to a RCT study that confirms that masks are effective in preventing the spread of a respiratory virus.

Okay, I'll save you some time. There isn't one.

Provide a link to a RCT study that shows it isn’t effective? RCT studies are great, but not realistic for everything.

If there’s no link then go inject yourself with HIV, refuse treatment and see what happens.

The entire basis was taking a model of controlled lab tests in Petri dishes and then saying that’s what happens in a complex human environment. Much like the early (and even recent) COVID projections use incomplete or faulty data.
You really don't know how to read very well, do you? They are not the same, but one can arise if you have the other, or did you just float over what was right in front of you?

Reactions: bshirt73
Widely discredited...

Your bias is showing. Doesn't it give you pause as an allegedly discerning individual that there is such inconclusive consensus among the medical professionals and it significantly correlates to political leanings.

And on top of it the people who are apolitical like the Stanford professors who have called it right the entire time have said it's a massive overreaction.

Very few things come to a consensus anymore, and it’s not like viruses are static, they mutate, we learn treatments and improve. I said months ago models were proven flawed and misused, taking info from high density areas and applying it to rural low density areas is not going to go well. But at the same time using numbers for low density areas and claiming that it isn’t an issue is equally stupid.

Regarding the BIG, they shouldn’t have outright cancelled, they should have postponed, said we have members who can’t play yet and we want time to make sure we work with schools and players to ensure that we can proceed at the right time with the right controls in place.

If there’s no link then go inject yourself with HIV, refuse treatment and see what happens.

The entire basis was taking a model of controlled lab tests in Petri dishes and then saying that’s what happens in a complex human environment. Much like the early (and even recent) COVID projections use incomplete or faulty data.

Dude. Stop while ur ahead.

Provide a link to a RCT study that shows it isn’t effective? RCT studies are great, but not realistic for everything.

There are tons of them that show masks do not work in operating rooms to stop infection. That's with people trained on how to use them in sterile environments. How well do you think they work in the wild?

There are tons of them that show masks do not work in operating rooms to stop infection. That's with people trained on how to use them in sterile environments. How well do you think they work in the wild?
Like this wild Tiger? :D

TigerWoodsMask.jpg

Here is a wild one for you RE: Covid.

Apparently all the coaches at Goodland (Kansas) High School were quarantined for their first game of the year against Liberal. Goodland is 3A and Liberal is 5A. The superintendent took over coaching the team for the game and they won. The supe and I go way back to when he was a teacher, AD and coach.

Friday night we ventured to watch a couple of 3A teams play close by. One of coaches is a great guy I hired many years ago and his son is a 6'3" MLB and guard. Each player could only have four tickets, no bands, and the stands were sparse. I thought it was interesting that they could tackle each other all night long but couldn't shake hands at the end of the game.

That's not how this works.

We've lived our entire lives without masks. You want to change it? Provide proof it makes a difference.

You're hitting the divide squarely on the head. The segment of society who agree with Cuomo that it is worth it to destroy millions of lives and decades of economic growth "if it saves one life". The irony is Cuomo hasn't saved any lives. If anything he has the blood of many people on his hands from the nursing-home scandal.

Ask our leftist friends this question,

Did George Floyd die from:

1) A knee on his neck

2) Being a drug addict
3) Covid-19

We all know the classification of his death will always be related to which political narrative gives the left the most amount of power. Our society can't survive with an ethic like that.

Here is a wild one for you RE: Covid.

Apparently all the coaches at Goodland (Kansas) High School were quarantined for their first game of the year against Liberal. Goodland is 3A and Liberal is 5A. The superintendent took over coaching the team for the game and they won. The supe and I go way back to when he was a teacher, AD and coach.

Friday night we ventured to watch a couple of 3A teams play close by. One of coaches is a great guy I hired many years ago and his son is a 6'3" MLB and guard. Each player could only have four tickets, no bands, and the stands were sparse. I thought it was interesting that they could tackle each other all night long but couldn't shake hands at the end of the game.
I just watched the Twins and the Tigers. A rookie made his first start and they wouldn't even let HIS WIFE in the stands to see it. Good heavens. The stadium would easily hold several thousand with 12 feet between them AND ITS OUTDOORS. I just don't get it. Why not let them admit 20% of the capacity. It's ridiculous. We're not limiting capacity in the HyVees or Walmarts in Minnesota. Why not let some fans in the freaking stadiums.

I just watched the Twins and the Tigers. A rookie made his first start and they wouldn't even let HIS WIFE in the stands to see it. Good heavens. The stadium would easily hold several thousand with 12 feet between them AND ITS OUTDOORS. I just don't get it. Why not let them admit 20% of the capacity. It's ridiculous. We're not limiting capacity in the HyVees or Walmarts in Minnesota. Why not let some fans in the freaking stadiums.

Where and whenever there is a game with limited seating that is supposed to spread people out, they always end up in small groups all over the place totally blowing the idea of distancing. Human nature is to want to be with other humans, not apart from them.

geez dude. every country in the world decided to respond in a similar way. its not a charade. and i know the smart people will never convince you of any other opinion so we get it. we got it. we heard it. we wrote it down. we memorized it. and we moved on. again
What if it is? Iam still uncertain about the moon landing.

Where and whenever there is a game with limited seating that is supposed to spread people out, they always end up in small groups all over the place totally blowing the idea of distancing. Human nature is to want to be with other humans, not apart from them.
And they leave the stadium and go have dinner together. My favorite story was the couple in Michigan who was ticketed for being out in public without social distancing. When people sit next to each other at ballgames it's because they're family, coworkers, etc. The LAST thing anybody does is purposely go sit right next to a stranger at a ballgame.

The stats of this shit are so freaking stupid it is beyond dumb.

Nearly Day 1 back in March I said it would be .3% to .5% and here we are.

Doesn't take much to crunch numbers and understand.

Play some football.

Just to check your math...

Let’s say we go for 80% for the herd immunity that some said early on.

330 million start, 264 million need infected for the 80% to get to the herd. So .3 to .5 % of infected Americans is your estimate, so 792K to 1.32 million dead.

80% seems a bit outlandish, so maybe we can get herd immunity from 40% of the population so we take those numbers and halve them to 396K to 660K dead.

And for the record, I want them to play, but I understand some areas will definitely struggle and teams may end up with outbreaks and missing games. I think crowds are probably not super realistic right now and trying to get clearance to bring a group of 100+ into the northeast or the west coast right now is probably going to have a lot of red tape.

And for the record, I want them to play, but I understand some areas will definitely struggle and teams may end up with outbreaks and missing games. I think crowds are probably not super realistic right now and trying to get clearance to bring a group of 100+ into the northeast or the west coast right now is probably going to have a lot of red tape.

Has nothing to do with Herd immunity.

Has everything to do with math. Very very simple math.

The CDC says that 10xs more people are 'infected' with Covid than their own numbers

Hence, divide by 10.

330 million start, 264 million need infected for the 80% to get to the herd. So .3 to .5 % of infected Americans is your estimate, so 792K to 1.32 million dead.

80% seems a bit outlandish, so maybe we can get herd immunity from 40% of the population so we take those numbers and halve them to 396K to 660K dead.

Quit while you are behind.

You one of those that still believes in the 2 to 3 million lives lost?

Has nothing to do with Herd immunity.

Has everything to do with math. Very very simple math.

The CDC says that 10xs more people are 'infected' with Covid than their own numbers

Hence, divide by 10.

It's actually worse than that. The constitution does not give the executive branch at the federal - state - local level the power to order laws into existence. Especially laws that harm personal and property freedom. The legislatures have to pass bill(s) that are signed into law.
Nothing that has happened with regard to this plandemic is LEGAL. I don't care if it is the Andromeda Strain. The gov't can ask for voluntary cooperation, but it cannot create laws (especially ones that violate the constitution) from the executive branch that are enforced at the point of a gun.
We are under Martial Law. The population has willingly given up their freedom to a totalitarian gov't. (and corporations that are insanely woke)
Yes, DJT gets some of the blame. But the federal gov't has mostly made recommendations. The majority of the jack-boots are coming from areas controlled by the left or woke corporations.

Quit while you are behind.

You one of those that still believes in the 2 to 3 million lives lost?

You are the one who said the math was simple and said .3 to .5 percent, so I threw that against some things that had been thrown out there over time regarding how this virus will die out. Early on 80% for herd immunity was thrown around, was it not?

Now you say divide by 10? So you really meant that it should be .03 to .05%?

How many cases will we have? Show us the math and numbers that are so easy, in your own words.

CFR is always a guessing game during pandemics, but I have watched the COVID deniers go from blaming China for fudging numbers, to saying that it was just a flu, to saying it would go away in the summer, to claiming Americans are lying about numbers, to realizing that people who die of viruses often have contributing factors (which was known since March with COVID, and decades with other viruses), and then decided that despite that common knowledge and it being how ILI related deaths have been counted for a long time, that it’s now some ploy to throw an election and a global conspiracy that will go away in November after the election, unless Trump wins, and then who knows what it will morph in to.

No, I didn’t believe it in the Spring either that millions would die, millions definitely could have died if precautions weren’t taken. Was each precaution necessary? Definitely not. Does avoiding large crowds, especially indoors, social distancing and masking help slow virus transmission? Absolutely.

It's actually worse than that. The constitution does not give the executive branch at the federal - state - local level the power to order laws into existence. Especially laws that harm personal and property freedom. The legislatures have to pass bill(s) that are signed into law.
Nothing that has happened with regard to this plandemic is LEGAL. I don't care if it is the Andromeda Strain. The gov't can ask for voluntary cooperation, but it cannot create laws (especially ones that violate the constitution) from the executive branch that are enforced at the point of a gun.
We are under Martial Law. The population has willingly given up their freedom to a totalitarian gov't. (and corporations that are insanely woke)
Yes, DJT gets some of the blame. But the federal gov't has mostly made recommendations. The majority of the jack-boots are coming from areas controlled by the left or woke corporations.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

And there’s only a hundred plus years of case law affirming states rights in relation to managing public health, but that’s just all irrelevant right?

Definitely agree they aren't always realistic. For instance, the RCT studies that show masks aren't effective preventing the spread of viruses was done on people WHO KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY WEAR A MASK.

Reactions: Bugeater
Very few things come to a consensus anymore, and it’s not like viruses are static, they mutate, we learn treatments and improve. I said months ago models were proven flawed and misused, taking info from high density areas and applying it to rural low density areas is not going to go well. But at the same time using numbers for low density areas and claiming that it isn’t an issue is equally stupid.

Regarding the BIG, they shouldn’t have outright cancelled, they should have postponed, said we have members who can’t play yet and we want time to make sure we work with schools and players to ensure that we can proceed at the right time with the right controls in place.

You were also the 1st one on the panic bus saying how you were going to stay home forever.

And there’s only a hundred plus years of case law affirming states rights in relation to managing public health, but that’s just all irrelevant right?

Yes the federal and state legislatures have given law-making powers to the executive in an unconstitutional way.. And the judicial branch at all levels has usurped power from the other 2 branches to make itself an unequal preeminent branch.

But the founders tried to put guardrails in place to prevent those things from happening. We've had pandemics before and NEVER have executives tried to tell people they must stay at home, or wear masks. The CDCs own records show less than 10,000 people have died from covid-19 alone. The other 150,000+ people have had an avg of 2.6 comorbidities. That's from a gov't body that supported medical partisans putting out a paper saying people should observe social distancing, with one exception: protests.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/past-seasons.html

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/how-many-people-die-of-the-flu-every-year

(from the article linked above)
This year's flu season is shaping up to be possibly less severe than the 2017-2018 season, when 61,000 deaths were linked to the virus. However, it could equal or surpass the 2018-2019 season's 34,200 flu-related deaths.

Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year.

*************************​

This situation has been turned into a power-grab. And the courts (controlled by the left) have not put a stop to it, when in fact it is their job to stop this type of over-reach. This is the societal rot that comes with over 50 years of left-wing activism at all levels.

#WARNING

The above post is disingenuous garbage.

Misrepresenting CFR for an IFR. So honest of you.

Every time you do this is another 2 months in your basement for you.

I routinely find young people coughing super loudly on the Call of Duty Warzone mic.. but I think they are mostly just smoking pot.

That's not how this works.

We've lived our entire lives without masks. You want to change it? Provide proof it makes a difference.
You would not accept proof if Christ himself delivered it to you, so why bother?

Of course, the Right has put Trump above God so in a way I’m kind of wrong right out of the gate...

Reactions: Wordyginters
#WARNING

The above post is disingenuous garbage.

Misrepresenting CFR for an IFR. So honest of you.

Every time you do this is another 2 months in your basement for you.

I wasn’t the one claiming .3 to .5, but was doing the math of someone who did claim that, and said that math was easy.

Feel free to correct my math if it’s wrong. Or keep trying to twist the intent of the post and live in fear of a piece of fabric and that evil deep state and media. Just remember, BLM is coming for you!

I wasn’t the one claiming .3 to .5, but was doing the math of someone who did claim that, and said that math was easy.

Feel free to correct my math if it’s wrong. Or keep trying to twist the intent of the post and live in fear of a piece of fabric and that evil deep state and media. Just remember, BLM is coming for you!

I'm twisting... says the guy who misrepresents CFR and IFR.

I understand your misrepresentations just fine. Reality says hello, your math is clearly wrong.

Let them come.
Custom-AR15.jpg

Reactions: bshirt73
I'm twisting... says the guy who misrepresents CFR and IFR.

I understand your misrepresentations just fine. Reality says hello, your math is clearly wrong.

Let them come.
Custom-AR15.jpg

If my math is so wrong, it should be easy to prove otherwise right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT