ADVERTISEMENT

So here you have it about Mickey ...

rhule hc, mickey oc, houston/nc state/san diego state/ dc (hopefully)
I was hearing when rhule rebuilt baylor he hired high school coaches as assistants
probably understanding a foot in recruiting areas...which mickey has
Matt Rhule hired Joey McGuire, a very popular and successful Texas high school coach, as his tight end coach. McGuire is now the head coach at Texas Tech.

I wonder if wins and loses are the main goals Mickey had to reach. This team plays hard and let’s be honest not one of our O lineman would make mich second string. Mickey was ask to polish a dog turd when he took over. Also an R.P. O. Offense will work better than Whipples west coast offense. Mickey has done an excellent job considering

I wonder if wins and loses are the main goals Mickey had to reach. This team plays hard and let’s be honest not one of our O lineman would make mich second string. Mickey was ask to polish a dog turd when he took over. Also an R.P. O. Offense will work better than Whipples west coast offense. Mickey has done an excellent job considering
Mickey didn't need to beat Michigan but he did need to beat some of the other teams along the way and at least have the team look better than under Frost.

Mickey told the OWH that he has NOT had an interview for the head coach but that he'd love to stay on at Nebraska as an assistant IF the job was right. Not a surprise but I think that likely means he's out of the running but may well continue at Nebraska depending on who the new head coach is. Not earth shattering news but something straight from Mickey.

LINK
No shit!

Mickey was never a serious candidate. It would have been a colossal risk that Nebraska can't afford to take right now. It was pretty weird so many wanted him and then got super triggered when called out. Unfortunately Nebraska has a losing culture right now and that includes many fans who would choose feel good stories over winning football

Mickey was never a serious candidate. It would have been a colossal risk that Nebraska can't afford to take right now. It was pretty weird so many wanted him and then got super triggered when called out. Unfortunately Nebraska has a losing culture right now and that includes many fans who would choose feel good stories over winning football
That’s a really funny way of framing the backlash you received after calling Mickey retarded.

You can & should go f*ck yourself, human shitstain

I love Mickey. But, this won't be a popular opinion. He's NOT HC material. At least he is not yet. Did anybody watch the cams on him?? He was a panic-fest. Most games he looks "panicky"

Reactions: TheNewNU
This has been the situation from day 1. Confused, red koolaid fans tried to make him a thing. That said, he could’ve won his way into the conversation. He has not. Hope he is afforded the opportunity to stay on board.

Mickey Joseph was handed an impossible task when he asked to step in as interim HC so there was no way he was going to win much or any games. Please just stop with the disparaging remarks about Joseph's coaching, this team was not assembled by Joseph it was the last guy who had the failed blueprint.

I think Mickey has the PR part of being a Head Coach down pat and he's obviously a good recruiter. Where I haven't seen head coaching skills is in play calling or in second half game adjustments.
This team is a Scott Frost train wreck. There isn't a coach in the country who can take a team with this skill level on the lines and win games against teams like Michigan, Iowa, Wisc., Minn., etc. Add to the fact Whipple doesn't know how to coach against B1G defenses, and is stubborn to a fault, and you have a recipe for disaster. He had no chance of succeeding. I feel bad for Mickey because he is a great guy, and this was a hopeless case.

Fun fact, the guy who Rhule hired to coach WRs at Carolina this year is....Joe Dailey, the former Nebraska QB (who later transferred to UNC).

The question is, will Dailey get retained by the next Carolina coach? Does Rhule want to bring him here? Does Dailey want to stay in the NFL? He was WR Coach at Boston College before this season. Rhule and Dailey only worked together for a few games, so it's not like they have a long relationship with each other.

Rhule's former longtime WR coach at Carolina, Baylor, and Temple, is now coaching WRs with the Steelers. But if Tomlin gets fired, he might be looking for a job too.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Nobody wants our WR’s running out of bounds on 4th down 5 yards short of the marker.

This team is a Scott Frost train wreck. There isn't a coach in the country who can take a team with this skill level on the lines and win games against teams like Michigan, Iowa, Wisc., Minn., etc. Add to the fact Whipple doesn't know how to coach against B1G defenses, and is stubborn to a fault, and you have a recipe for disaster. He had no chance of succeeding. I feel bad for Mickey because he is a great guy, and this was a hopeless case.
Feel bad for him? Sweet lord, he was afforded the opportunity of a lifetime. Well above his station. It just didn’t work out in the win column, but Mickey has been professional and didn’t do anything to embarrass hisself or the program. Outside of Michigan, every opponent has been average at best, and we just haven’t won enough games.

Feel bad for him? Sweet lord, he was afforded the opportunity of a lifetime. Well above his station. It just didn’t work out in the win column, but Mickey has been professional and didn’t do anything to embarrass hisself or the program. Outside of Michigan, every opponent has been average at best, and we just haven’t won enough games.
Yes, I feel bad for him. He should have just turned the IHC position down instead of trying to win with our inferior talent, and now he has the NU curse hanging over him as if he was a failure. No win situation. He had Chinander who couldn't keep Georgia Southern under 40+ and made the OU game a track meet. How soon people forget!

Reactions: blackshirts
I love Mickey. But, it's hard to go from WR coach to HC
60f72f4a03955.image.jpg

Yes, I feel bad for him. He should have just turned the IHC position down instead of trying to win with our inferior talent, and now he has the NU curse hanging over him as if he was a failure. No win situation. He had Chinander who couldn't keep Georgia Southern under 40+ and made the OU game a track meet. How soon people forget!
He made an extra 30K per game for his suffering

Mickey told the OWH that he has NOT had an interview for the head coach but that he'd love to stay on at Nebraska as an assistant IF the job was right. Not a surprise but I think that likely means he's out of the running but may well continue at Nebraska depending on who the new head coach is. Not earth shattering news but something straight from Mickey.

LINK
Gee - @Bigtimebooster didn't know what they were talking about? I’m shocked!!!

Reactions: TheNewNU
If this year was his interview, the criteria for him to get the job was to work a miracle. The other candidates have more experience as head coaches, but none of them have worked the kind of miracle that was required of Mickey. I'm not saying it is unfair, in fact I'm sure he knew it was a longshot he was mainly getting because he was a former player. And kudos to him for taking it on. For a second it seemed like it was going to happen. With what that would have meant for everyone, it was well worth it to everyone, including Mickey.

If this year was his interview, the criteria for him to get the job was to work a miracle. The other candidates have more experience as head coaches, but none of them have worked the kind of miracle that was required of Mickey. I'm not saying it is unfair, in fact I'm sure he knew it was a longshot he was mainly getting because he was a former player. And kudos to him for taking it on. For a second it seemed like it was going to happen. With what that would have meant for everyone, it was well worth it to everyone, including Mickey.
It was worth a shot. Otherwise he's done exactly what he was hired to do: be the guy in case we fired the HC which we did. Stabilize and keep it all from going off the rails. Which I think he's done an admirable job all things considered.

Glad he wants to stay if the next coach wants him. Legit recruiter and position coach!

Yes sir. With an OLine that can't block anybody it makes good results almost impossible.

ADVERTISEMENT