ADVERTISEMENT

So. Harbaugh gets an apology.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
I kind of enjoyed his tirade about the roughing call and thought he was right. Apparently the B1G agrees. Some guys can lose their mind and still come off not too badly as it pertains to how he accosted the officials. I never was able to see or hear that he said any of the "magic words". That one is going to be shown probably for years to come with the whole kicking motion thing. Bo just had such horrible facial expressions and such a demonstrative pronunciation of unbelievably foul language coupled with the physical intimidation that he could never pull something like that off. There was never any doubt what words were coming out of Bo's lips. Harbaugh? Meh. Though it was funny but glad it wasn't on our sideline.

Reactions: SDhusker12
Harbaugh.
Whew.. Thanks. I posted a few weeks ago after watching the Niners play that I thought they might be a better team this year without Harbaugh. They kicked the crap out of my Vikes last night just physically manhandling them. Having a sane coach that players respect helps a bunch. Actually I guess I didn't see the final score but they were in control and just slobberknocking the Vikes when I fell asleep. Score wasn't bad at that time, but unless Teddy pulled out a late miracle, the NINERS were dominating no matter what the score was.

I kind of enjoyed his tirade about the roughing call and thought he was right. Apparently the B1G agrees. Some guys can lose their mind and still come off not too badly as it pertains to how he accosted the officials. I never was able to see or hear that he said any of the "magic words". That one is going to be shown probably for years to come with the whole kicking motion thing. Bo just had such horrible facial expressions and such a demonstrative pronunciation of unbelievably foul language coupled with the physical intimidation that he could never pull something like that off. There was never any doubt what words were coming out of Bo's lips. Harbaugh? Meh. Though it was funny but glad it wasn't on our sideline.
I wouldn't give Harbaugh that kind of pass. I don't think Bo should get it either. Sometimes calls go against you and you say something and move on. (Unless it was the A&M game. That screw job could have been met with the fury and spittle of Bo, Harbaugh, Kelly, Saban, and McElwain and it still would have been too small of a response.)

Reactions: cubsker and timnsun
At what point did coaches reactions to bad calls flip?

It wasn't long ago in basketball, coaches who rode officials, ripped off their jackets and ties were celebrated. Coaches used to rip refs much harder than basketball coaches because they didn't have the equivalent of a technical foul.

Now Harbaugh does a kick in the air, lowers his cap and it's worthy of message board fodder.

I'm not defending the old way or the new way - just an observation and question about the fairly sudden shift in what is and is not acceptable from a coaching staff.

I wouldn't give Harbaugh that kind of pass. I don't think Bo should get it either. Sometimes calls go against you and you say something and move on. (Unless it was the A&M game. That screw job could have been met with the fury and spittle of Bo, Harbaugh, Kelly, Saban, and McElwain and it still would have been too small of a response.)
Don't disagree with much you said there but Bo was still out of line at A&M. I would have fired him the next day after seeing the whole thing and what went on after the game. Harbaugh was funny largely because he isn't our coach. Thank God for that oh and maybe Eichorst too.

At what point did coaches reactions to bad calls flip?

It wasn't long ago in basketball, coaches who rode officials, ripped off their jackets and ties were celebrated. Coaches used to rip refs much harder than basketball coaches because they didn't have the equivalent of a technical foul.

Now Harbaugh does a kick in the air, lowers his cap and it's worthy of message board fodder.

I'm not defending the old way or the new way - just an observation and question about the fairly sudden shift in what is and is not acceptable from a coaching staff.
Harbaugh never uttered the magic words as far as I can tell AND while he was certainly demonstrative he wasn't physcially threatening that I saw. It was just more comical than anything and the look on the ref's face was one of trying to not bust out laughing at times.

Reactions: studed
Don't disagree with much you said there but Bo was still out of line at A&M. I would have fired him the next day after seeing the whole thing and what went on after the game.
I called for Bo's head a lot. But that A&M game was not about Bo or the events on the field. It was the Big XII giving us the finger in the worst possible way. There was no way we were ever going to be allowed to win that game.

I called for Bo's head a lot. But that A&M game was not about Bo or the events on the field. It was the Big XII giving us the finger in the worst possible way. There was no way we were ever going to be allowed to win that game.
Don't disagree with that and it was despicable. That said, Bo AND Carl were both WAY over the line both during and after the game and should have been fired the next day. They would have been if not for Tom. NU got screwed BUT Bo and Carl's behavior passed the point of no return. I already knew that Tom had a little bit of convenient morality as it pertained to coach and player behavior. That episode didn't help that view. Tom was going to stick by his hire no matter what he did.

harb.jpg

He made CNN...

Yelling is now forbidden in our society (even instructional yelling). It's very comical to me that some people feel football is a nice game: where everyone plays by the rules, no one gets hurt, everyone is wanting the other team to do well, and they hand out orange slices to everyone at the conclusion. Those people obviously never played a real down in a real game ever....

I'll said it before and I'll say it again, the mainstream media could care less about Nebraska football. It's strictly a numbers thing as we don't have a large population. But if it's going to care, it'd rather be an anti type article than a supportive one since that'll draw more attention...hence why they always ran with the "Bo is a lunatic" stories and seem to be overlooking the "Jim Harbaugh is a lunatic" stories.

We got so hosed in that aTm game. That was the beginning of the end on Tmart (he secured his job for yrs after that a legally challenged national tv finger poke in the pads that Bo gave him for violating team policy on calling his dad from the locker room). Bo would've been fine if he tried to improve his weaknesses (Public relations, recruiting, and in game adjustments) but instead he couldn't even point the finger at himself when he needed to and delibrately alienated himself from the fans and school.

GBR

30 years ago, there weren't any message boards so who knows what would or wouldn't be discussed. I've always appreciated the way Tom Osborne roamed the sidelines. You can remain calm (TO) and when a call goes wrong show emotion, which he did plenty of times. How Harbaugh acted is exactly how I'd expect a 4-year old to act when told no. There's a difference on how it's done, and how often it's done. Based on history, we will see more childish tantrums from Harbaugh.

He may be a great coach but he's an embarrassment on the sideline...

5228952830617106_d9b1cc20fd29156c15b5df30e8e231805a3c177d1d9ac32a4a2d0f13cceb77ea_:original

HarbaughRageCandlestickFinale.gif

jim-harbaugh-was-not-happy-with-the-49ers-defense.gif

jim-harbaugh-mad-face-against-carolina.gif

cm-46114-1050ff506cc1f1a.gif

HarbaughRage.gif

18dk6b8na4r06gif.gif

18dk85zuu4qmlgif.gif

harlfip.0.gif

64.gif

harbaughinfant.gif

Props to this official for throwing the flag
badjim_medium.0.gif

Awesome! Link???
Sorry. Word of mouth from a friend that heard a rant from Bo about the lack of fan support hurting the program. I thought he said that somebody brought it up on 590 radio yesterday. Just passing on the rumor.

Sorry. Word of mouth from a friend that heard a rant from Bo about the lack of fan support hurting the program. I thought he said that somebody brought it up on 590 radio yesterday. Just passing on the rumor.
Lol. So freaking hilarious if true. Someone should ask him the exact amount of fans and support he needs.

Alright so Ive been following the Penguins with Bo and watched his press conference after watching their game last week. (Yes guys I love my Nebraska and also like Bo, it IS possible) This was taken waayyy out of context IMO. First there were like 10 people at the game (okay maybe a couple thousand.) He was asked a question something about building the program or something and he essentially just asked for fan support and said "if you want a winner you will have to come support us"...now proceed with the bashing of anyone who still respects Bo and is still a Nebraska fan

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Alright so Ive been following the Penguins with Bo and watched his press conference after watching their game last week. (Yes guys I love my Nebraska and also like Bo, it IS possible) This was taken waayyy out of context IMO. First there were like 10 people at the game (okay maybe a couple thousand.) He was asked a question something about building the program or something and he essentially just asked for fan support and said "if you want a winner you will have to come support us"...now proceed with the bashing of anyone who still respects Bo and is still a Nebraska fan

I listened to the first 4-5 minutes or so and was left wondering if I missed something because I sure didn't hear anything worth getting my panties in a bunch for.

Harbaugh is such a colossal jackass. I almost feel bad for Michigan. Almost.

Harbaugh never uttered the magic words as far as I can tell AND while he was certainly demonstrative he wasn't physcially threatening that I saw. It was just more comical than anything and the look on the ref's face was one of trying to not bust out laughing at times.
yep. it was avery bad call. it was a call a high school official should not get wrong. like you said it was just funny

sounds like Bo is already blaming the YSU FANS for the program's problems.
I find that interesting if that's true. Because that's one of the first things I thought of when I heard he was going to YSU. Will he accept the low fan turnout at games, and will he alienate himself on accout of it. Because you knew sure enough there'd be few of them there.

I said this on the Rutgers board a couple weeks ago and so here goes again, neither Harbaugh or Michigan fans worry or care about what other fan bases think about JH. Michiganders, including msu, know that Mi was able to pick up one of the 3 more desireable hires for their head coaches and the constant attention paid to JH is constant acknowledgement of the other fans being aware of it.

Do you follow Callahan closely?

Do you follow Callahan closely?

That is a negative ghost rider haha! As many bad things Bo said, he never talked trash on osborne and called him a "crusty old..." Also, while he never turned the corner he did consistently ein 9 games a year. I find it funny we put Bo in the same category as Callahan, but I am not going to start down that argument with anyone so we will just leave it at I like Bo, not so much Callahan White Collar attitude.

That is a negative ghost rider haha! As many bad things Bo said, he never talked trash on osborne and called him a "crusty old..." Also, while he never turned the corner he did consistently ein 9 games a year. I find it funny we put Bo in the same category as Callahan, but I am not going to start down that argument with anyone so we will just leave it at I like Bo, not so much Callahan White Collar attitude.
Did Callahan ever tell the fans to f-off? Did he try to get.a bunch of jobs he felt were better? Did he try to push for 2 years trying to get fired? I could go on and on, but I will just leave you to your agenda and hypocrisy.

He told the fans that left early that game to f off and deservedly so. What kind of fans give up at half? I to this day do not believe he was referring to the fans as a whole. You do realize our god TO tried to get other jobs too because he couldnt handle our fanbase at first, right? Not sure how he spent two years trying to get fired? To me he was just being his blue collar self (sometimes to a fault). Not sure how i am a hypocrite just because I have different thoughts than you? But go right on ahead and bash anyone who believes different from you because, quite frankly, that is the exact same thing you say Bo did?

He told the fans that left early that game to f off and deservedly so. What kind of fans give up at half? I to this day do not believe he was referring to the fans as a whole. You do realize our god TO tried to get other jobs too because he couldnt handle our fanbase at first, right? Not sure how he spent two years trying to get fired? To me he was just being his blue collar self (sometimes to a fault). Not sure how i am a hypocrite just because I have different thoughts than you? But go right on ahead and bash anyone who believes different from you because, quite frankly, that is the exact same thing you say Bo did?
No, he didn't. He never referred to anyone leaving early. Try using facts

Reactions: 94husker
No, he didn't. He never referred to anyone leaving early. Try using facts

Try listening to the audio again. You specifically hear Greg Sharpe agree that the student section was empty...but nice try on the facts accusation. Look I said in my original post I wasn't looking to argue one way or the other on the Callahan-Bo thing. It was simply a statement that I personally do not see them the same.

Try listening to the audio again. You specifically hear Greg Sharpe agree that the student section was empty...but nice try on the facts accusation. Look I said in my original post I wasn't looking to argue one way or the other on the Callahan-Bo thing. It was simply a statement that I personally do not see them the same.
I don't need to. Blo's idiotic blow-up had nothing to do with Greg sackless Sharpe trying to kiss his ass.

ADVERTISEMENT