ADVERTISEMENT

So games are over.. OC?

someone said "kline" was in lincoln to talk to martinez? is there a coach named kline? is he green bay?

Oline and a dumb title like running game coordinator.

I call it dumb, because why do you need a passing vs running coordinator, other than to throw more money at someone.
Clemsons best year on offense weren’t under Chad Morris. They were under Scott (basically the passing coordinator) and Elliot (basically the running coordinator).

Nothing wrong with going toward that with Joseph and Davis. It reduces responsibility from one person for everything and helps the two coaches focus more . Mickey is a fantastic part of the vision because he understand option football and if someone is going to modernize that style of football and incorporate a legit passing attack to go with it, Frost and Joseph would be good people to bet on to do it.

i think it’s easy to think “oh no triple option!!!”
But it wouldn’t be “I run six plays, split veer…It's like Novacaine.” We won’t be doing that. I see it being way more balanced. I see it being way more complex

if this thing does happen, we are going to see a nightmare for opposing coaches to scheme for. We are going to see a true identity even if it’s not like one anyone has seen

I could see Davis also taking on RBs. It’s what he originally did and would be a good job for a “run game coordinator”.

i see innovation with Davis in the room with Mickey and Frost.

Clemsons best year on offense weren’t under Chad Morris. They were under Scott (basically the passing coordinator) and Elliot (basically the running coordinator).

Nothing wrong with going toward that with Joseph and Davis. It reduces responsibility from one person for everything and helps the two coaches focus more . Mickey is a fantastic part of the vision because he understand option football and if someone is going to modernize that style of football and incorporate a legit passing attack to go with it, Frost and Joseph would be good people to bet on to do it.

i think it’s easy to think “oh no triple option!!!”
But it wouldn’t be “I run six plays, split veer…It's like Novacaine.” We won’t be doing that. I see it being way more balanced. I see it being way more complex

if this thing does happen, we are going to see a nightmare for opposing coaches to scheme for. We are going to see a true identity even if it’s not like one anyone has seen

I could see Davis also taking on RBs. It’s what he originally did and would be a good job for a “run game coordinator”.

i see innovation with Davis in the room with Mickey and Frost.
Nice spin. It sounds to me like trying to re-invent the wheel. I think it will mean disaster for Frost next fall if that is what happens. Maybe that's what Trev really wants so that he can fire Frost with no objection from fans.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Nice spin. It sounds to me like trying to re-invent the wheel. I think it will mean disaster for Frost next fall if that is what happens. Maybe that's what Trev really wants so that he can fire Frost with no objection from fans.
Dinglefritz since you got Gibbons in your picture and as a classic rock fan, you may enjoy this story. (You probably already know it)

When Page, Plant, Bohnam, and Paul Jones all came together to form a band Keith Moon mocked them and told them they’d work together like a led ballon. Hence that’s how they came up with the name

everyone knew the guys in the group. Page has obviously played with the yardbirds and Paul Jones with Donovan. Plant and Bonham were known at least around England. At the time, their music styles seemed to make no sense to anyone to come together. Thank god they didn’t listen to advice.

Michelin sure as hell hasn’t reinvented the wheel over their 100+ years of making tires, but they sure have improved it. And Maybe what Scott’s trying to do is going to go over like a Led ballon or maybe it’s going to rock college football world by storm. It’s either genius or dumb. But for the first time in a really long time I’m excited

Dinglefritz since you got Gibbons in your picture and as a classic rock fan, you may enjoy this story. (You probably already know it)

When Page, Plant, Bohnam, and Paul Jones all came together to form a band Keith Moon mocked them and told them they’d work together like a led ballon. Hence that’s how they came up with the name

everyone knew the guys in the group. Page has obviously played with the yardbirds and Paul Jones with Donovan. Plant and Bonham were known at least around England. At the time, their music styles seemed to make no sense to anyone to come together. Thank god they didn’t listen to advice.

Michelin sure as hell hasn’t reinvented the wheel over their 100+ years of making tires, but they sure have improved it. And Maybe what Scott’s trying to do is going to go over like a Led ballon or maybe it’s going to rock college football world by storm. It’s either genius or dumb. But for the first time in a really long time I’m excited
I'm skeptical that a guy who has been at a service academy as long as Davis is an offensive innovator.

I'm not that in to music history. I just loved me some ZZ Top. Wish I had parents who had pushed me to learn piano or guitar as a kid. I now know I was an ADD kid. Couldn't sit still for a minute and the piano teacher told my mom she was wasting her money.

Last edited:
Clay Helton took the Southern job.
Yeah. I saw an article from Football Scoop but didn't read the date on it. Georgia Southern paid Helton 800K/year. That's why I deleted my sentence that said he was a candidate for a head coaching job. I guess it's encouraging that he didn't land a head coaching job????

Reactions: Yantzeee
If it's the USC guy, I'm not even going to waste my time following things this off-season and next season. That guy is awful. And the roster doen't fit a heavy passing attack.

I've been saying the entire time, if he makes a good coordinator hire, he can save his job. If he failes at this hire, then he essentially just fired himself. Hiring the USC guy will end up Frost getting fired next season.

I wonder if Willy Korn is waiting to see if the Clemson Offensive Coordinator position will come open, and that is holding things up? Clemson's current O.C. just interviewed for head coaching positions at UVA and Duke. Korn played at Clemson under Dabo briefly, so I'd have to think there would be mutual interest there.

• Sad
Oline and a dumb title like running game coordinator.

I call it dumb, because why do you need a passing vs running coordinator, other than to throw more money at someone.
If we have a pass coordinator and a run coordinator, that means neither of them is fully in charge. Scott Frost would be running the offense and neglecting everything else a HC should be doing. So nothing would really change.

• Haha
Reactions: pharvey0829

I do love a good Led Zep reference.

Reactions: Yantzeee
I wonder if Willy Korn is waiting to see if the Clemson Offensive Coordinator position will come open, and that is holding things up? Clemson's current O.C. just interviewed for head coaching positions at UVA and Duke. Korn played at Clemson under Dabo briefly, so I'd have to think there would be mutual interest there.
There's a lot of moving parts right now to the coaching situation. It would be tough I imagine to get guys like Herman, Mullen or Harrell to sign a deal with all of the potential job openings for an OC or head coach even. Virginia doesn't have their guy yet right? That could open up a G5 or lower tier P5 head coaching job. It could also affect some of the guys we've named for our OC position.

So far Texas Tech, Indiana, & Georgia Southern have all hired OCs and we still have nothing? That tells me 1. Ours is in place but can’t be announced yet or 2. We have no stinkin idea who it’s going to be and are scrambling to find anyone to take the job. I hope that’s not the case!

If we have a pass coordinator and a run coordinator, that means neither of them is fully in charge. Scott Frost would be running the offense and neglecting everything else a HC should be doing. So nothing would really change.
you'd still need an overall OC. That person would double as a position coach as well. (QB?)

Feels like an episode of Oprah. You get a coordinator title, you get a coordinator title, you... well you get the point.

So far Texas Tech, Indiana, & Georgia Southern have all hired OCs and we still have nothing? That tells me 1. Ours is in place but can’t be announced yet or 2. We have no stinkin idea who it’s going to be and are scrambling to find anyone to take the job. I hope that’s not the case!
I guess then we’ll know more when the announcement been made….

If it is Morris or Davis or someone else still coaching it’s #1..

Reactions: headcard
And Oklahoma is going to hire the OC from Ole Miss, I’m just impatient and I hope Frost gets this one right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT