ADVERTISEMENT

So games are over.. OC?

rushmorehusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Nov 1, 2009
So we are posting about everybody else’s jobs... What’s going on with ours? Was told we had to wait until the games were over this weekend. So what’s the plan? I find it hard to believe no one has any insight on this.

The Army OC would make no sense. He‘s only run the triple option his entire career. You can’t tell me Frost brought in Mickey Joseph to coach receivers in an offense where they just block most of the time. Manning, Betts, Fidone would all transfer.

If Frost wants to run a spread offense, then bring in a coordinator who runs a spread offense. If he’s going to try to hodge-podge a new offense together in one season, it’s going to be a disaster.

Who do you think usually hires assistant cosches?
who do you think hired the last batch? buddy hires have really worked out well for nebraska over the last 20 years haven't they? i'm guessing trev and his circle will have a major influence in this round of coaching hires. probable considerable input from current coaches but not overriding.

MJ didnt hire himself..or was that not a good enough assitant hire for you?
trouble in comprehension? buddy hires good enough for you over the last 20 years? do you think joseph was picked by a hc who has been underwater for 4 years with his picks?

who do you think hired the last batch? buddy hires have really worked out well for nebraska over the last 20 years haven't they? i'm guessing trev and his circle will have a major influence in this round of coaching hires. probable considerable input from current coaches but not overriding.
Makes no sense to keep a coach if you don't let him do his job. This is Frosts job to fix, it's Trevs job to tell him to fix it. I can see adding his input but other than that we may as well just start over from scratch.

So far as anyone knows, we already have an OC who is busy completing his obligations to his current school.

Would not be shocked to see frost make himself the offensive coordinator. Open positions are QB, running backs, o line, special teams and o coordinator. That’s 5 positions open and only 3 hires available. Somebody’s going to have to do multiple duty. Also would not be shocked to see special teams get overlooked again.

Would not be shocked to see frost make himself the offensive coordinator. Open positions are QB, running backs, o line, special teams and o coordinator. That’s 5 positions open and only 3 hires available. Somebody’s going to have to do multiple duty. Also would not be shocked to see special teams get overlooked again.

OC would also be a position coach. So really it’s 4 spots for 3 openings. So something has to give for us to add a full-time ST coach. Either Frost coaching QB’s or a LB coach moving on and Chin coaching ILB or OLB.

sounds like we are going back to the run with army's oc
he will teach the oline how to pancake block instead of passively block.
mickey is mostly recruiting and teaching receivers how to pass block.
opposed to dropping passes.

One thing that has improved under frost is the receivers don’t drop passes anymore. That use to be a terrible problem. Now maybe the reason for improvement is that the pass needs to be somewhere close to you before you have a chance to drop it. With 2AM airmailing passes all the time there were less opportunities for drops.

Reactions: huntered
Makes no sense to keep a coach if you don't let him do his job. This is Frosts job to fix, it's Trevs job to tell him to fix it. I can see adding his input but other than that we may as well just start over from scratch.
20 years of the buddy system of our hc's. just think. maybe the number one reason for our demise. if frost were winning on a regular basis then sure let him run the show. he has not even been close. keeping assistants that fail over and over is a major problem. no brainer this time.

trouble in comprehension? buddy hires good enough for you over the last 20 years? do you think joseph was picked by a hc who has been underwater for 4 years with his picks?
No some have actually not been good enough for me but id rather not bitch and moan about every single one like others..... you probably were one of the many that wanted TO gone before 94 huh stud

throw in some discipline and developement. how many 4 star olinemen has army had to develope in the last 50 years? dont know but guessing close to zero?

We are already a run team, but fixing the running back and OL part of the running game is what is needed.

Reactions: Laner2
Davis could be the O-line coach. The military academies don't pay real well. If we paid him 500K that would be a substantial raise even if he is an Offensive Coordinator at Army.

We are already a run team, but fixing the running back and OL part of the running game is what is needed.
I meant a real run team..not pro pass patty cake stuff...where there' a short dance & they just run round you..like where you put them on their back

I'm not your pal, buddy.
😅
I'm not your dude, pal.

9086d3cd-ce8f-45b3-8e3d-4f6667e8fe86_text.gif

Army doesn't pancake block, they cut block. Their offensive line is undersized so they have to cut block.

Army doesn't pancake block, they cut block. Their offensive line is undersized so they have to cut block.
that too, I'm just saying we have went on a 30 year downward trajectory...from a real run game...and some of the brighter people at NU has recognised this after 3-9...we did the:
solich hand off to the qb, one dimensional stuff
the callahan pass stuff with a lil success with porkchop
the bo martinez qb passing affair with a lil success with ahmed
the frost martinez passing affair with really no run game.

that's all coming to a end because the losing pass systems is bringing it to a end..
the numbers don't lie...

so we will be going back to the power I
the I back, full back, run/pass qb, tight end, ect..

there's just been too many games getting left on the table, if martinez isn't throwing 4 pick against purdue,
he fumbles against mich...that all ends... the I-back will be doing most the running here on out.

don't shoot the messenger...sometimes in life folks need time to change the error of their ways..
and we should be happy them ways are coming to a end.

Reactions: Slantsflood7
that too, I'm just saying we have went on a 30 year downward trajectory...from a real run game...and some of the brighter people at NU has recognised this after 3-9...we did the:
solich hand off to the qb, one dimensional stuff
the callahan pass stuff with a lil success with porkchop
the bo martinez qb passing affair with a lil success with ahmed
the frost martinez passing affair with really no run game.

that's all coming to a end because the losing pass systems is bringing it to a end..
the numbers don't lie...

so we will be going back to the power I
the I back, full back, run/pass qb, tight end, ect..

there's just been too many games getting left on the table, if martinez isn't throwing 4 pick against purdue,
he fumbles against mich...that all ends... the I-back will be doing most the running here on out.

don't shoot the messenger...sometimes in life folks need time to change the error of their ways..
and we should be happy them ways are coming to a end.

Yep. We need to get back to when players like Ameer and Burkhead could take over games and then strike the defenses with the passing game. Then we would still have the QB run game.

Davis could be the O-line coach. The military academies don't pay real well. If we paid him 500K that would be a substantial raise even if he is an Offensive Coordinator at Army.
Oline and a dumb title like running game coordinator.

I call it dumb, because why do you need a passing vs running coordinator, other than to throw more money at someone.

ADVERTISEMENT