ADVERTISEMENT

So Far Scott Frost has not been a very good coach-

onechase

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2005
Very poor clock management in many games, Very poor play calling especially today, Poor use of time outs. (who calls a time out at the very start of the 2nd half - never seen that before) His teams do not look ready to play- ( look at last week) He has been out coached almost every game even by a new Colorado Head Coach. His QB looks like he has regressed big time from last year. We are a mess and it is ultimately the Head Coaches Fault. Scott looks like he is in over his head unfortunately. Something needs to change soon or we are looking at another 4 win season.

Very poor clock management in many games, Very poor play calling especially today, Poor use of time outs. (who calls a time out at the very start of the 2nd half - never seen that before) His teams do not look ready to play- ( look at last week) He has been out coached almost every game even by a new Colorado Head Coach. His QB looks like he has regressed big time from last year. We are a mess and it is ultimately the Head Coaches Fault. Scott looks like he is in over his head unfortunately. Something needs to change soon or we are looking at another 4 win season.
Uhhh. You nailed it and weren't afraid to say it. Kudos. Finally someone who sees this after 2 games.

You better hope not, he isn't getting fired for the forseeable future. It's interesting to see if UCF made Frost, or Frost made UCF.. I think Scott did a very good job, but he was in an ideal situation. UCF has talent all around, plays a much less testing schedule. In the B1G you need your teams to be tough up front to start out.. If not Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State and Iowa are going to have their way.

Scott did very well with a loaded , very disciplined George O'Leary team with a couple of Scott additions. N is a bigger challenge, I do not think he is over his head. I wish you much`luck.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. You ARE a moron! The two most important players at UCF were brought in by Frost. And they were so loaded under O'Leary that they went 0-12. Keep being stupid. You seem to have found your niche.

Reactions: footnfan1
Frost and his staff either learn and get better, or they will be sent packing after his contract is up, or sooner.

Reactions: jeans15
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. You ARE a moron! The two most important players at UCF were brought in by Frost. And they were so loaded under O'Leary that they went 0-12. Keep being stupid. You seem to have found your niche.
Shaquem Griffin, Jordan Akins, Tre'Quan Smith, Matt Wright, Jamiys Pittman, all signed by GOL, who played for Scott, who are now in the NFL, say hello. Yes, SF made some great signings, but he took over a great group of players whom had given up on George.

There are others, but I don't have time to do your research for you.14-1 since Scott left. UCF is fine. UCF traded Randy Shannon for Chinander, that worked for me.

Scott needs fast, disciplined, tough players. He hasn't got that, but the potential felon can play well, for now.

That’s not true. By the way, UCF was 12-1 in 2013. That team was better than Nebraska has been in the last 20 years as well

Shaquem Griffin, Jordan Akins, Tre'Quan Smith, Matt Wright, Jamiys Pittman, all signed by GOL, who played for Scott, who are now in the NFL, say hello. Yes, SF made some great signings, but he took over a great group of players whom had given up on George.

There are others, but I don't have time to do your research for you.14-1 since Scott left. UCF is fine. UCF traded Randy Shannon for Chinander, that worked for me.

Scott needs fast, disciplined, tough players. He hasn't got that, but the potential felon can play well, for now.
Washington is good. Imagine what the running back situation would be without HIM
He will be the difference possibly in 1-2 wins vs losses

Unfortunately Frost has been what I expected & not what I hoped for.

And that’s a very bad thing.

Reactions: cubsker
What scott did is similar to what Bo did with a bunch of Billy C recruits.

Reactions: TheNewNU

Ummm...isn't everyone a "potential" felon?

That’s not true. By the way, UCF was 12-1 in 2013. That team was better than Nebraska has been in the last 20 years as well

Who cares, you were 0-12 in 2015 and heading nowhere. Frost saved your program, and your fanbase is a bunch of ungrateful bitches. He will be fine at Nebraska. He may have to get rid of his DC, but he will be fine.

BTW, a number of our teams in the last 20 years would beat that 2013 team soundly.

Who cares, you were 0-12 in 2015 and heading nowhere. Frost saved your program, and your fanbase is a bunch of ungrateful bitches. He will be fine at Nebraska. He may have to get rid of his DC, but he will be fine.

BTW, a number of our teams in the last 20 years would beat that 2013 team soundly.

He didn’t save anything. UCF was a top 10 team in 2013 before Frost. George OLeary was just 71 years old and quit in his final season when our starting QB got hurt. It was a fluke ONE season. UCF fans explained this to you multiple times when you took Frost.

It was mostly UCF talent, not Frost.

We are 14-1 since Frost left with our one loss an 8 point loss to LSU with our backup QB.

and not have much discipline as a team.
I’m not too sure about this. However, Scott Frost is a much better motivator, recruiter, program builder, and OC, then he is a gameday coach when it comes to decision making

Additionally, the jury is still out on his offensive style in the Big-10. He can get the the types of kids that he needs, but can he get enough of them?

Additionally, he will HAVE to fire Chinander eventually to save himself

Maybe you should listen sometimes. You don’t know enough about UCF as UCF fans do

Who cares anyway? Right?

Reactions: heat4410
I guess if you're going to go back 20 years, the Husker teams of 1999, 2000, and 2001 would have knocked the 2013 UCF teams dicks in the dirt.

They can't do that today, of course, but don't try and say that your 2013 squad was better than those near 20 years ago.

Scott Frost is an elite OC, average head coach, and his DC is terrible.

UCF fans told you this.

Expect to score 30 points, give up 30 points, and not have much discipline as a team.

UCF is an ideal place for their style and Program. They destroyed FAU, which is the type of team they play in the AAC. With the guys they can pull from the surrounding areas, I might be able to coach that team to a Championship.

So the jury is out on Frost.

What bothers me the most is losing winnable games. Great coaches tend to win those. And we need a big season to recruit because guys don't think of Nebraska like they used to, and Frost is here to resurrect that.

Reactions: footnfan1
I guess if you're going to go back 20 years, the Husker teams of 1999, 2000, and 2001 would have knocked the 2013 UCF teams dicks in the dirt.

They can't do that today, of course, but don't try and say that your 2013 squad was better than those near 20 years ago.
I’m saying it. Those team were good, but how far did they ultimately get?

A lot of people have said that only FSU and probably South Carolina were better that year, since Bortles improved throughout the year.

Ok.., Howabout since 2002? That’s still a damn long time ago

The point is that 2015 was sort of an anomaly for UCF. A large portion of those players were there in 2017

UCF is an ideal place for their style and Program. They destroyed FAU, which is the type of team they play in the AAC. With the guys they can pull from the surrounding areas, I might be able to coach that team to a Championship.

So the jury is out on Frost.

What bothers me the most is losing winnable games. Great coaches tend to win those. And we need a big season to recruit because guys don't think of Nebraska like they used to, and Frost is here to resurrect that.
Maybe we play teams like FAU, but we would have beaten CU

I’m saying it. Those team were good, but how far did they ultimately get?

Ok.., Howabout since 2002? That’s still a damn long time ago
How good has UCF been since 2002? Three years ago a losing season, right? It's not like UCF has been lighting it up every year since 2002. And I have a news flash for you, UCF will get about as far as they ever do in college football, but they're not going to win the big prize anytime soon, just like Nebraska.

How good has UCF been since 2002? Three years ago a losing season, right? It's not like UCF has been lighting it up every year since 2002. And I have a news flash for you, UCF will get about as far as they ever do in college football, but they're not going to win the big prize anytime soon, just like Nebraska.
The point of this whole argument is that many of the key players of the 2015 UCF team were on the 2017 team

So..., CSF isn’t 100% proven as a head coach

Is he?

Exactly. Heupel has brought SEC style recruiting to our trenches at both DL and OL.....something Frost didn’t do (Frost only recruited skill position players well)......I believe we are 4th in the country at OL in lbs with all 300 pounders up front.

We would beat Colorado by 20 and are a legit Top 10 program.

26-1 the last 3 years with only loss by 8 points to a VERY legit LSU/Joe Burrow team with our backup QB.

That wasn't my point. I agree (mostly) with what you guys are saying, but the fact is UCF is an ideal place for that style of football.

Orlando is a dump IMO, Strip Mall City lifted by Disney, but a lot of good football going on from Tampa thru Lakeland into Jax and Tallahassee down into Daytona and Central FL up through the Panhandle. The SE and SoFL are closeby.

I don't attribute anything other than that to the success of UCF right now. All of these guys won big there. None of them have won big anywhere else.

The point of this whole argument is that many of the key players of the 2015 UCF team were on the 2017 team

So..., CSF isn’t 100% proven as a head coach
Yes they were. Frost has a lot of learning to do, as well as the staff, but I'll give UCF credit, I think Heupel has a better group of coaches than does Frost.

Exactly. Heupel has brought SEC style recruiting to our trenches at both DL and OL.....something Frost didn’t do (Frost only recruited skill position players well)......I believe we are 4th in the country at OL in lbs with all 300 pounders up front.

26-1 the last 3 years with only loss by 8 points to a VERY legit LSU/Joe Burrow team with our backup QB.
Yep. Frost recruits too heavily on the skilled positions, because his offense is an easy sell to THOSE kids

Looks like Joe Burrow decided to turn great playing us

Was it the hit on the head?? Ha

Yes they were. Frost has a lot of learning to do, as well as the staff, but I'll give UCF credit, I think Heupel has a better group of coaches than does Frost.
Ok cool.

Frost’s coaches are his “friends.”

That is not good

All you need to know is UCF started playing Division 3 Football in 1978. Let that sink in. It’s the fastest growing program in America.

We only started playing D1 football in 1995 as an independent and then moved from MAC to Conference USA to The American Conference in just 25 years.

Since 2013 (6 years), we have 3 top 11 finishes. We have won our conference 5x in last 6 years.

We sold out our entire season worth of tix, looking to expand our stadium, will eventually get into P5 as the #1 market in America (Orlando) without an NFL team.

UCF has the #1 or #2 student enrollment in America depending on the day (with Arizona State) and Orlando is the #1 fastest growing city in America in terms of population.

Our future is bright.

Ok cool.

Frost’s coaches are his “friends.”

That is not good
Well, Heupel hired some of his friends, if they weren't in some capacity, they might not be there. That's the circle of life in coaching, so to speak, that doesn't mean they're not good coaches.

Now Heupel is the 2nd coming of Christ? O'Leary, Frost and Heupel are good coaches with no real success outside of Orlando. That's my point. Not taking anything away from UCF, that team is loaded with speed and talent. But I also live in SoFL so don't think you can throw your BS around this board. I've been to High School games in Ft. Lauderdale and the talent edge UCF has in recruiting is simply sensational, all things considered.

Well, Heupel hired some of his friends, if they weren't in some capacity, they might not be there. That's the circle of life in coaching, so to speak, that doesn't mean they're not good coaches.
Elarbee yes, but Frost is over the top with it IMO. Time will tell

Now Heupel is the 2nd coming of Christ? O'Leary, Frost and Heupel are good coaches with no real success outside of Orlando. That's my point. Not taking anything away from UCF, that team is loaded with speed and talent. But I also live in SoFL so don't think you can throw your BS around this board. I've been to High School games in Ft. Lauderdale and the talent edge UCF has in recruiting is simply sensational, all things considered.

Huh? George OLeary was National Coach of the Year BEFORE coming to UCF. At the time he was hired by Notre Dame, Notre Dame was the #1 job in America. Sounds like you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Nah. I don’t live in dump cities. Neither did
Frost In Winter Park

Dude, it's a gated community with a few parks in the hell hole that is Central FL. And greater Orlando sucks, unless you want to to go to a strip club or Chuck E Cheese your whole life.

Wait a minute...does anybody have change for a $100?

Reactions: Huskred01
ADVERTISEMENT