ADVERTISEMENT

So Far Scott Frost has not been a very good coach-

Very poor clock management in many games, Very poor play calling especially today, Poor use of time outs. (who calls a time out at the very start of the 2nd half - never seen that before) His teams do not look ready to play- ( look at last week) He has been out coached almost every game even by a new Colorado Head Coach. His QB looks like he has regressed big time from last year. We are a mess and it is ultimately the Head Coaches Fault. Scott looks like he is in over his head unfortunately. Something needs to change soon or we are looking at another 4 win season.
At this point of his tenure, we could say the same for Matt Campbell at Iowa State. Patience is a virtue. He’s already proven he knows how to coach when he has player. BTW, keep him out of Iowa recruiting. That I have no patience for! :mad:

Now Heupel is the 2nd coming of Christ? O'Leary, Frost and Heupel are good coaches with no real success outside of Orlando. That's my point. Not taking anything away from UCF, that team is loaded with speed and talent. But I also live in SoFL so don't think you can throw your BS around this board. I've been to High School games in Ft. Lauderdale and the talent edge UCF has in recruiting is simply sensational, all things considered.

UCF has averaged #67 in Rivals recruiting the past 6 seasons and averaged #11 in National Polls. What talent edge is UCF getting again? Lol

Huh? George OLeary was National Coach of the Year BEFORE coming to UCF. At the time he was hired by Notre Dame, Notre Dame was the #1 job in America. Sounds like you don’t know what you’re talking about.

He was 133-101 lifetime and 5-6 in bowls, INCLUDING AT UCF. Shit, given your current state I would say UCF would have been BETTER OFF moving on sooner from that old crusty crab apple. Gimme a break.

Dude, it's a gated community with a few parks in the hell hole that is Central FL. And greater Orlando sucks, unless you want to to go to a strip club or Chuck E Cheese your whole life.

Wait a minute...does anybody have change for a $100?
So now Lincoln is better than Orlando?

I live in Lake Nona. So does Lou Holtz and Golfer Graeme McDowell. Thats then greater
Orlando that you are talking about

Just stop such BS

Reactions: USFSucks
UCF has averaged #67 in Rivals recruiting the past 6 seasons and averaged #11 in National Polls. What talent edge is UCF getting again? Lol

Speed kills.

Where is Sad? He's the only measured fan you guys have. Do you honestly think coaching is what keeps UCF at the top of the heap? It aint the X's and O'x, it's the Jimmys and Joes.

He was 133-101 lifetime and 5-6 in bowls, INCLUDING AT UCF. Shit, given your current state I would say UCF would have been BETTER OFF moving on sooner from that old crusty crab apple. Gimme a break.

You don’t judge coaches off ONLY wins and losses. No wonder why you guys have no clue. George OLeary took a George Tech school and made them National contenders. He made Joe Hamilton a Heisman contender.

You judge coaches off OVERachiving or UNDERachiving. OLeary took over an average Georgia Tech program and made them Top 15. He was hired by Notre Dame. OLeary then took over an 0-12 UCF team and made them #11.

O’Leary overachieved at EVERY stop, making him a great coach.

Dude, it's a gated community with a few parks in the hell hole that is Central FL. And greater Orlando sucks, unless you want to to go to a strip club or Chuck E Cheese your whole life.

Wait a minute...does anybody have change for a $100?
Ok got it. You’re from South Florida. Figures. I’m there right now and would NEVER LIVE HERE.

I guess it’s not Boca Raton

However, have you seen some neighborhoods in Palm Beach, Miami and Fort Lauderdale

But somebody just said you have 5 guys in the League? Which is it?

I would argue it's the 5 guys in the League.

Speed kills.

Where is Sad? He's the only measured fan you guys have. Do you honestly think coaching is what keeps UCF at the top of the heap? It aint the X's and O'x, it's the Jimmys and Joes.

Yes. Coaching has been ELITE at UCF. South Florida has the same if not MORE resources as UCF has (same with Miami, UF and FSU) and all 4 haven’t enjoyed our success the past 7 years.

You don’t judge coaches off ONLY wins and losses. No wonder why you guys have no clue. George OLeary took a George Tech school and made them National contenders. He made Joe Hamilton a Heisman contender.

You judge coaches off OVERachiving or UNDERachiving. OLeary took over an average Georgia Tech program and made them Top 15. He was hired by Notre Dame. OLeary then took over an 0-12 UCF team and made them #11.

O’Leary overachieved at EVERY stop, making him a great coach.

GT won a National Title in 1990 under who?

They continue to have success under who?

GT is in a recruiting hotbed as well.

Get lost, you lose.

George O'Leary? Lol

Yes. Coaching has been ELITE at UCF. South Florida has the same if not MORE resources as UCF has (same with Miami, UF and FSU) and all 4 haven’t enjoyed our success the past 7 years.

Read my post about their recruiting footprint hotshot.

Equating UCF's schedule to a P5 is a tough needle to thread, but I will admit, all that talent at UCF is doing just fine.

Reactions: footnfan1
GT won a National Title in 1990 under who?

They continue to have success under who?

GT is in a recruiting hotbed as well.

Get lost, you lose.

George O'Leary? Lol

GT recruiting hotbed? Thanks for the laugh. Have they EVER been Top 30 recruiting? Doubt it.

1995-2001, 6 years and George OLeary was a 2 time ACC Coach of the Year.

You losers would KILL for that production today.

Exactly. Heupel has brought SEC style recruiting to our trenches at both DL and OL.....something Frost didn’t do (Frost only recruited skill position players well)......I believe we are 4th in the country at OL in lbs with all 300 pounders up front.

We would beat Colorado by 20 and are a legit Top 10 program.

26-1 the last 3 years with only loss by 8 points to a VERY legit LSU/Joe Burrow team with our backup QB.
Oh, I don't know, Nebraska averages 305lbs on the O line and near 300 on their front three, so they have good size.

Looking at Heupel's first two classes, they didn't out recruit at least 9 SEC teams, so there would be quite a wake up call for UCF if your team suddenly had to play a full SEC slate, that's the reality of things.

Not saying that UCF isn't getting better, but when your classes finish 67th and 55th the last two cycles, while currently standing at 59th for 2020 (all Rivals rankings) you would have a hard time finishing better than .500 if UCF was in the SEC.

Read my post about their recruiting footprint hotshot.

Equating UCF's schedule to a P5 is a tough needle to thread, but I will admit, all that talent at UCF is doing just fine.

You didn’t enlighten me on why USF is always ranked ahead of us recruiting yet has ZERO conference championships and we have SEVEN. Probably coaching.....

Reactions: Sir Galahad
Oh, I don't know, Nebraska averages 305lbs on the O line and near 300 on their front three, so they have good size.

Looking at Heupel's first two classes, they didn't out recruit at least 9 SEC teams, so there would be quite a wake up call for UCF if your team suddenly had to play a full SEC slate, that's the reality of things.

Not saying that UCF isn't getting better, but when your classes finish 67th and 55th the last two cycles, while currently standing at 59th for 2020 (all Rivals rankings) you would have a hard time finishing better than .500 if UCF was in the SEC.

UCF would be 9-3 minimum with a full SEC schedule. Recruiting rankings.......follow the money. They are to appease fan bases, they don’t actually analyze talent.

Look at Tennessee and Nebraska........their rankings are a joke compared to UCF and Boise State. Both schools would destroy them.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Recruiting rankings are way overrated

FSU is a perfect example of that and so is Nebraska and Tennessee. There are others

Too heavy on offensive skilled players

Reactions: MitchLL
Scott Frost is a 5-9 power 5 coach with an asterisk for year one results given the transition. After year one - a coach owns his record.

It remains to be seen if the 13-0 season at a nonpower 5 school was a reflection of having an elite coach or an average coach at a mid major program that happened to have an elite season. There is only a single season of success to make any judgments so time will tell.

The grave yard of college football coaches is filled with headstones of successful midmajor coaches who got swallowed up when they tried to apply their craft in the major leagues.

As I said time will tell - the sample size indicating that we are going to have elite coaching is quite small - a single season

UCF would be 9-3 minimum with a full SEC schedule. Recruiting rankings.......follow the money. They are to appease fan bases, they don’t actually analyze talent.

Look at Tennessee and Nebraska........their rankings are a joke compared to UCF and Boise State. Both schools would destroy them.
No, UCF would be more like 7-5, but you keep thinking that. Boise beat a lousy team yesterday by what, a td? Talk to me when UCF goes on the road to Alabama, or out west to USC or Washington some day. UCF hasn't played any good teams this year, and most of the teams last year on your schedule were a joke. But you keep believing all your talk, it's funny as hell.

Recruiting rankings are way overrated

FSU is a perfect example of that and so is Nebraska and Tennessee. There are others

Too heavy on offensive skilled players
^^^^ This. The type of players Frost recruited before he got to Nebraska aren't the type of talent that will consistently win in the B1G. You win on Line play and good defense in November. Offense sells better, but defense wins titles when it matters.

The only question to me is which asst coach is the first sacrificial lamb in a few years?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
^^^^ This. The type of players Frost recruited before he got to Nebraska aren't the type of talent that will consistently win in the B1G. You win on Line play and good defense in November. Offense sells better, but defense wins titles when it matters.

The only question to me is which asst coach is the first sacrificial lamb in a few years?

OK, so switch recruiting classes the last 6 years and give Bama all the UCF classes and tell me they would be as good as they are now. No way in hell they'd be.

Reactions: MitchLL
OK, so switch recruiting classes the last 6 years and give Bama all the UCF classes and tell me they would be as good as they are now. No way in hell they'd be.
Thanks for making my point. You have to recruit better, defensively, to win when you're playing against better competition.

Nebraska simply doesn't have a good defense right now and that will cost them a few games later. At this point... the last three games of the season look like sure losses.

Thanks for making my point. You have to recruit better, defensively, to win when you're playing against better competition.

Nebraska simply doesn't have a good defense right now and that will cost them a few games later. At this point... the last three games of the season look like sure losses.
Oh, I don't know, the first half and a good deal of the third quarter Nebraska's defense was pretty good. When you get a bunch of three and outs by your offense, most teams are going to have trouble. But player upgrades are always a good thing.

I guess if you're going to go back 20 years, the Husker teams of 1999, 2000, and 2001 would have knocked the 2013 UCF teams dicks in the dirt.

They can't do that today, of course, but don't try and say that your 2013 squad was better than those near 20 years ago.

That 01 offense sure looked great against Florida talent lol

UCF would get bitchslapped on a regular basis playing a full SEC slate, the delusion is strong with your fan base...

You know what? I don't care about UCF, I don't want to talk or read about them. Go start your own board.

You know what? I don't care about UCF, I don't want to talk or read about them. Go start your own board.
It's funny how those pecker heads come around, isn't it? They act like they've been good since they started a program, and some of their dorks think that they'd be 9-3 in a full SEC schedule. Hilarious.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Maybe you should listen sometimes. You don’t know enough about UCF as UCF fans do

Who cares anyway? Right?

Maybe you should Go F Yourself, and take your conversation back to your NAIA D3 program's board. Your would have a losing season EVERY SINGLE YEAR if you played a Power 5 schedule.

Hey dumbass, think your team would have done any better? Oh wait, your team has never even played for anything of substance. Hilarious.

True. Why? Because the old guard is filled with elitist oligarchs who don't actually believe in fair competition. The system is rigged against new programs like UCF and Boise and such.

I have no ill will towards Nebraska or Frost. You guys have a good coach and a storied program. I imagine though if Nebraska was filled with 5 other D1 programs your storied program would not be so storied. Least you forget, UCF was established in 1963. Our doors opened in 68. We have a very young alumni base compared to your alumni who fill the nursing homes in Omaha and Fort Meyers. We started football in 79 and back when Frost was your QB in our transition year to 1-A we gave you all you could handle with 1-AA talent with an elite QB in Culpepper.

So , given we recruit in a state with 5 other Division 1 programs, we have built a great fan base and yes, Scott Frost did help us make a big step forward. However, make no mistake about it, give UCF a P5 moniker, P5 ESPN money and without a doubt UCF would be a P5 force to reckon with and as it is , we are a force in college football today. No, we have not played for the mythical BCS title and after 2 years of going undefeated the committee has screwed us.

Your Glory days are behind you. Ours is ahead of us. The landscape of college football is changing and like it or not , UCF is part of that change if not the catalyst for it. The system you hold dear is a bunch of of bull crap and it will change . Soon, we will be playing for something.

Oh, by the way, you guys rag on our schedule. Go for it. You barely beat a team we would curb stomp this year in South Alabama. Northern Illinois is no give me team. Per your own words, I guess that's a high school team too.

I wish you all the best of the season. I liked Frost's offense but many of my fellow Knight's saw the weakness in Chins defense strategy. As long as we scored 40 points we would win. Y'all can rag on UCF, what ever. My Alma matter is now the largest university in the US and things are only ahead of UCF both academics and in football. Charge On.

Last edited:
GT recruiting hotbed? Thanks for the laugh. Have they EVER been Top 30 recruiting? Doubt it.

1995-2001, 6 years and George OLeary was a 2 time ACC Coach of the Year.

You losers would KILL for that production today.

You crack me up. Yes Nebraska is bad but you act like UCF is some type of elite program... They are not. Nothing more than a curiosity to most CFB fans. And most CFB fans hate to see UCF in a bowl because it's a lose-lose situation. Win and you beat a sorry ass school with literally zero tradition that beats up on a shit conference.

And UCF is at their absolute pinnacle right now, enjoy it while it lasts because I seriously doubt Heupel or any other decent coach has ANY plan to stick around that shithole long term. UCF is a stepping stone at best and 99.9% of coaches would much rather be coaching at Nebraska or Georgia Tech. Or any Power 5 school. I promise you no matter what UCF does they will NEVER make it to a playoff game. They basically might as well not be eligible for a National Championship. 5 years from now guys like you will have abandoned the football at UCF. Boise St is literally a better program and place to be.

Yep, I am crazy.

You must be so proud of MW repping your University.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/footb...cle_5457fc74-cc4a-5785-ad9b-e93d339a0c39.html

Thank you for admitting that you are crazy. That is a big step.

And I don't care at all who reps my school. Shoot, didn't Ted Bundy go to U of Washington? If I went to UW it would not bother me one bit that he also went there.

I could not imagine living in the fantasy world that you live in where you get pride and shame from stuff that is not under your control and stuff that doesn't impact you or your family.

Your world must be one where you are constantly offended and shamed. I bet that at least one worker at the car company that your car is from has done something bad...Do you feel constant shame from that? I imagine that one of the employees at the supermarket you shop at has had run ins with the law...are you totally embarrassed that you purchase your groceries at that store?

ADVERTISEMENT