ADVERTISEMENT

So does Diaco still say...

Toms Wife

Sophomore
Jan 7, 2017
It's about having one more point than the other team? Or does he discuss playing well in the 2nd half. Hmmmmmmmmm...

BTW...Moral victories are for losers.

Reactions: Blackshirt30
Yeah, I'm sure the staff will sell this as a moral victory. Oregon may not be much better than a .500 football team. Pac-12 offenses will destroy that Oregon defense.

Well.... iaco improved but that was ugly first half. He earned some brownie points holding OU to zero 2nd half

I don't think anyone is calling this a moral victory. Personally I expected to win. The D was put in some difficult positions in the first half. As I stated in another thread, Oregon got 2 turnovers in the 1st half and we had a first down negated off of a stupid penalty. Oregon scored on all three offensive mistakes. In the second half, we got 2 turnovers and had a drive extended on a stupid Oregon penalty and only scored twice. The offense gave this one away. The bottom line is that Oregon capitalized on our mistakes, and we did not capitalize on theirs. The defense gave us the opportunity to win, the offense didn't finish.

whats moral victories mean?
Per wikipedia: A moral victory occurs when a person, team, army or other group loses a confrontation, and yet achieves some other moral gain. This gain might be unrelated to the confrontation in question, and the gain is often considerably less than what would have been accomplished if an actual victory had been achieved.

Per wikipedia: A moral victory occurs when a person, team, army or other group loses a confrontation, and yet achieves some other moral gain. This gain might be unrelated to the confrontation in question, and the gain is often considerably less than what would have been accomplished if an actual victory had been achieved.
This is well stated.

seems like we lost to a better team on game day. maybe we learned some things. Im not sure how thats a moral victory?

I may not understand the difference between trolling and griping. Are they different? It's OK to gripe on the board isn't it?

Stupid post is stupid. The goal was to have more points, didn't happen. Kids still battled and played their tails off.

Yeah, I'm sure the staff will sell this as a moral victory. Oregon may not be much better than a .500 football team. Pac-12 offenses will destroy that Oregon defense.

Exactly.

It was two marginal fluff-ball programs fighting it out. That's all.

It's about having one more point than the other team? Or does he discuss playing well in the 2nd half. Hmmmmmmmmm...

BTW...Moral victories are for losers.
You have no credibility in anything you post until you admit you are a dude.

ADVERTISEMENT