ADVERTISEMENT

So could Rhonda Rousey kick your butt

King Korn

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 21, 2001
Long debate on sports radio last night. The host contended that she would whip 99% of American males. Many male callers agreed with him. I have never watched much of the sport but I am sure she knows her sport and is good. I think most males would win the fight if they could get a good punch in their strength would win out. Now maybe she is so good you would never get a punch thrown. A lot of the callers were good size guys with some fighting experience and even they thought she would win. Just cant believe a woman could beat most men.

Pretty sure she could and I`m ok with that. I`m sure the guys here that run the 4.4 forties and bench 400 could take her though.

You serious OP? Her ability to whoop your ass or my ass really has nothing to do with size orvstrength. It's about skill.

Back in my younger days in the late 70's and early 80's I was big into karate and self defense. It was nothing like it is now. I went around the midwest fighting in mostly points tournaments and full contact was just getting started. I fought several matches which is really nothing compared to what we are seeing today with their combination of strength, speed, boxing, judo, wrestling, and overall fitness. I trained with 3 or 4 ladies that could very easily hold their own against even some of the biggest guys. Given how Rhonda works out and her skill level, I would not even want to get close to her. I would be in that group that would say she can probably handle a majority of American males. I have many broken ribs from females. On top of that, she is an absolute freak of strength and quickness. Some can be good punchers, some good kickers, some good wrestlers, some really strong but the entire package......she has it. I will watch from afar. I am not too macho to admit that and any guy who thinks he can handle her is dreaming or very skilled.

Come on now, some of you wouldn't mind a little ground and pound from her, right?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

e9d44681c9e46a3bc0a27c21a26ee084.jpg

Been saying it for years. I'm a lover, not a fighter. She would kick my ass,& I'm ok with that.. Like I always say. There's a fine line between pain & pleasure my friend. BTW, when we're done in the ring, lets put on an airpack, bunkergear, go through the box of wire, then though the confined space maze. I have a feeling that she would be one fantastic Firefighter. Looks like she has that mentality.

She's a world class judo champion that would love nothing more than to snap your arm off.

Most definitely would kick my ass and take my arm home as a back scratcher!

This post was edited on 3/1 12:17 PM by red rover 70

Double post

This post was edited on 3/1 11:10 AM by red rover 70

Originally posted by sparky62:
Been saying it for years. I'm a lover, not a fighter. She would kick my ass,& I'm ok with that.. Like I always say. There's a fine line between pain & pleasure my friend. BTW, when we're done in the ring, lets put on an airpack, bunkergear, go through the box of wire, then though the confined space maze. I have a feeling that she would be one fantastic Firefighter. Looks like she has that mentality.
No need wasting her on hose dragging. Lets give her a gun and badge and she can be my backup any day. She can do the fighting, and I will do the talking. We would be like Riggs and Murtaugh.

Unless she can run a sub 4.4, she'd never be able to catch me. And if for some reason she walked in the weight room, I'd drop the bar I'm repping 30 times with 525 pounds on it.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Unless she can run a sub 4.4, she'd never be able to catch me. And if for some reason she walked in the weight room, I'd drop the bar I'm repping 30 times with 525 pounds on it.
All this assuming she isn't paralyzed by your male super model good looks.

She could do anything she wants to my butt...within reason..
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/3 4:26 PM by hamneggs53

Originally posted by Charlie Marlow:
Maybe we should crowd-fund a match between RR and OP? The real money would be if OP could last 14 seconds.
This is a great idea. I wouldn't mind seeing her spending an hour on a Saturday afternoon beating the crap out of the whose who of E-badasses

Originally posted by ssmith84:

I retired from super modeling, strictly focused on my forty and lifting weights.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Originally posted by ssmith84:

I retired from super modeling, strictly focused on my forty and lifting weights.
But what if she had some kryptonite nearby which would neutralize your super powers?

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:

Give me some head gear and a ring, I'm in. I think it would be fun to say you got pounded by Rousey.
I train MMA 2-3 days a week and have been doing so for close to a year. I would not last 30 seconds against her. The cardio would be the downfall for most of us. After 30-60 sec of fighting, we'd all be tapping out or blacked out. Also, not just against her, but the entire top 10 of that division.

But I agree, it's be fun to spar with her.
This post was edited on 3/1 8:58 PM by Husk10

i bet i could defend against her for over a minute or 2. but really .......her judo experience would choke any or most of out or arm bar out. if we are talking about survival then weapons can and does level the playing field when talking about self defense----vive 2nd amendment.

Originally posted by King Korn:
Long debate on sports radio last night. The host contended that she would whip 99% of American males. Many male callers agreed with him. I have never watched much of the sport but I am sure she knows her sport and is good. I think most males would win the fight if they could get a good punch in their strength would win out. Now maybe she is so good you would never get a punch thrown. A lot of the callers were good size guys with some fighting experience and even they thought she would win. Just cant believe a woman could beat most men.
99% sounds a little high, but I would not argue with 95%. There's probably not many out there-- 2%?-- that have the wrestling or martial arts background to compete with her, stay out of trouble and use the size and strength advantage. There's got to be another group of men who would just be too big-- either very strong, street tough, very fat but still young enough to move around quickly, former football and basketball players too-- that would have a fighting chance against her. But even those guys would have to be super careful not to make a mistake and try to get her down.

This post was edited on 3/2 5:13 AM by Dean Pope

Yes she probably could, or would at least do a lot of damage. Size doesn't matter much against a good boxer. Size is only going to provide more punching force (if the size comes from muscle), but won't make up for the speed and training of a boxer, and in her case being an UFC star she would also be able to wrestle.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/12/ronda-rousey-beat-up-two-guys-movie-theater

Originally posted by klemman:

But what if she had some kryptonite nearby which would neutralize your super powers?
Depends if I was done with my 3 1/2 hour morning workout or my 4 hour evening workout.

Charlie has a solid idea. I know the idea of a charity event like a toughman competition has been floated before. Imagine the kind of money that could be raised with ex Huskers and others involved.

99% is too high. It would depend on what age ranges we're dealing with, too. Younger guys tend to be in better shape, you have a better chance of running into some kid who is about 5'8 and 210 lbs of solid muscle. I did judo a little bit and let me tell you, it's no problem to throw a 6'0 guy who is 180, but when that dude lines up on the other side who is just square, good luck getting him up off his feet if you're not just a brute.

She'd destroy me and it wouldn't take 14 seconds because she's just so technically superior, it wouldn't even matter whether she's stronger or not. No question she's hundreds of times better conditioned than I am, and if I had to bet on it I'd give her the edge in raw strength right now, too. I am certainly not strong any more.

It's the WORST having to hit the mat with somebody like that because no matter how you move your body, they submit you and it's so fast that you don't even have time to think about what you did wrong or how you would change it next time.

Keep in mind too that she spars with men sometimes. Not ust any men but men who are professional fighters. Some of whom are the best among the men's divisions.

I had this discussion with my wife and some people in her family. Although she could beat me at my current state, I don't believe she could take me if I were fit again. I wrestled from 3rd grade all through high school, the way she throws the other ladies would not happen to a full size male 180+ with muscle. If I could take her down, I win. If she would catch me before that with a knee or a kick... I lose.

Remember she weighs 135 pounds. In physical sports size does matter.

I would have to train for about a half a year as well.

I won't post it, but if you want to see what one of her arm bars looks like when you don't tap out, Google the first fight between her and Miesha Tate.

Tate refuses to tap and Rousey makes her arm "floppy" from the elbow down. Pretty gruesome.

Also, let it be known that Tate is the #3 ranked women in the world and the only person to go longer than round 1 with Rousey.

I dislocated someone's knee once by applying the figure 4 leglock.
I perfected this move by watching Greg "the Hammer" Valentine in my youth.
I can take this chick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT