ADVERTISEMENT

So, about that talent gap

SilentCommit

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2013
Serious questions here, after digesting today's game. I was honestly shocked at what appears to be a wide discrepancy between our talent and Miami's. Where do we lay the blame for that? Is that recruiting, player development, injuries, what? Maybe it's easy to blame Bo's recruiting. I don't know, to be honest. Hey, I think we're still going to have an ok season, and I'm still glad we made the change. I'm just shocked that it seemed like we were at a serious talent disadvantage. Am I off base in thinking we're sub par athletically, after today's contest?

Serious questions here, after digesting today's game. I was honestly shocked at what appears to be a wide discrepancy between our talent and Miami's. Where do we lay the blame for that? Is that recruiting, player development, injuries, what? Maybe it's easy to blame Bo's recruiting. I don't know, to be honest. Hey, I think we're still going to have an ok season, and I'm still glad we made the change. I'm just shocked that it seemed like we were at a serious talent disadvantage. Am I off base in thinking we're sub par athletically, after today's contest?
They do have an edge in pure speed, but so did their '95 Orange Bowl team. That's just one part of the equation. We outscored them 23-0 late in the game so I wouldn't say they have more overall football talent. We just stunk it up early. We got athletes too!

we catch a few passes, line up right a few more times, and get pts at the end of the first half and it wouldn't have seemed like we were so short of talent. teams with far less talent than us look better on defense because their scheme better hides their weaknesses than ours does.

We out gained them by over 100 yards and 17 points in the last three quarters. Are you being serious here?

Yes, we are subpar athletically and talent-wise compared to miami

Bo didn't care about recruiting and his process didn't put the stars on any players.

I always said that Bo had no problem brinning stars into the program (Ameer, Gregory, David, etc). Where I feel he lacked was playing the numbers game and wasnot able to create depth at all/most positions. I feel this staff really failed to capitalize on using the success of players like Suh and Lavonte David as recruiting tools for LB and DL.

Reactions: StrongArm517
best canes team in 13 years. We have a qb who will be in New York in December and we are absolutely loaded. You guys were awesome. Amazing fans. Hottest day ever in the history of that stadium. I am just in awe. Go ole miss

best canes team in 13 years. We have a qb who will be in New York in December and we are absolutely loaded. You guys were awesome. Amazing fans. Hottest day ever in the history of that stadium. I am just in awe. Go ole miss
Canes are definitely getting better but I'd say you're far from being loaded. QB is really good though! Too bad no one shows up to watch him play. What's up with that? Huskers going on that 23-0 roll in 4th gives me hope we'll be a pretty salty team in Nov. New staff........2 steps forward, one step back.

Reactions: SeanTaylorsGhost
Overall, I think Miami has better talent as they have over the past 5 years averaged right at 20th in recruiting according to Rivals. I thought Miami would win by 10 points, looked like they were going to blow the Huskers out and then let their foot off the gas. Nebraska is hardly void of talent, but this team still makes way too many mistakes, hopefully, somehow, that will get better.

I knew Kaaya was going to grow a lot from last year, I think you guys are one year away from having a shot at the national title. You guys have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball, not impressed with your tight end this year generally you have a little more athletic guy at that position.

You were right in predicting a good game but as for that awesome game day atmosphere you told us would happen: On TV at least, it looked like a half empty steam bath. Playing day games in Miami in September is ridiculous.

Reactions: suhnami
Didn't really see much of a talent gap in the end, as the score suggests. Looked bad early as they jumped on our secondary, but we could have had some more first half points if we hadn't been so sloppy.

They do have an edge in pure speed, but so did their '95 Orange Bowl team. That's just one part of the equation. We outscored them 23-0 late in the game so I wouldn't say they have more overall football talent. We just stunk it up early. We got athletes too!
Did you forget the TDs called back? Penalties? Prevent D we scored on? 2 starters out? Wow, moral victory. All time lows here!!

ADVERTISEMENT