ADVERTISEMENT

Smothers Transferring?

He threw 1 TD (on a glorified handoff) and threw 6 INT's. That is sucking. If he hadn't, he could be the starting QB, as he was given the opportunity.
So do you question Frost since he said a guy who threw 0 touchdowns with 6 picks is the future of our program. And a 5 foot 9 average receiver was the face of the program before he transferred?

It’s almost as if some of you guys have never heard of coach speak… Some of you guys don’t realize that Frost does this all the time… Some of you guys pick and choose when to believe Frost and when to think he’s full of it. Why is that?

So LM should get 20 games? He got a chance and wasn't good. If someone else shows a pulse and AM struggles, I'm sure someone else will get a shot. The idea that Frost is married to AM at QB is stupid, as he benched the guy last year.
it's beyond clear Frost is married to him.

for all LM's struggles, he won half his games and committed the same exact amount of turnovers as Stockholm Syndrome inducing AM. LM 'sucked' and 'blew his shot' last year according to you, while AM put up identical numbers and somehow gives us the 'best chance to win'.

I'd rather we had no quarterback than see his washed up loser ass trotted out there yet again.

for all LM's struggles, he won half his games and committed the same exact amount of turnovers as Stockholm Syndrome inducing AM. LM 'sucked' and 'blew his shot' last year according to you, while AM put up identical numbers and somehow gives us the 'best chance to win'.

I'd rather we had no quarterback than see his washed up loser ass trotted out there yet again.
You need to quit pretending like was better than he was. He could have gotten there maybe, but the same number of turnovers in half as many passes and fewer games is not a good platform to argue he was better.

Go ahead and say AM isn’t the answer, I’m fine with that. But don’t use Luke as you’re argument of a better player.

You need to quit pretending like was better than he was. He could have gotten there maybe, but the same number of turnovers in half as many passes and fewer games is not a good platform to argue he was better.

Go ahead and say AM isn’t the answer, I’m fine with that. But don’t use Luke as you’re argument of a better player.
I've never said LM or AM is anything more or less than their statistics say they are.

statistically, they were nearly identical in every measure last season.

people acting like one is atrocious while the other isn't are pathetically grasping at straws.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I think the kid if from overseas. Asian maybe? His dad does business in the US and is some Ag business.
Probably Kyle Wusan Kubota, son of the Kubota C.E.O. He's a 5'5", 130-lb. QB currently playing at the Taiwan Prep School for Small but Athletic Asian Boys.

It’s almost as if some of you guys have never heard of coach speak… Some of you guys don’t realize that Frost does this all the time… Some of you guys pick and choose when to believe Frost and when to think he’s full of it. Why is that?
So when he said we will be dangerous by year 2 he meant what exactly? Or when he bashed previous staffs but has actually performed worse he meant what? And when he said Luke was the future of the program he meant what?

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I think a 1/6 ratio this year... 3/6 overall proves plenty.. No matter how much people hate Mario, there is no justifying that td/int ratio

Has Mario and Frost developed anybody? Think about this. Is AMart any better? Maybe a little, but not much. Did Luke improve? Not in my opinion. Did Vedral really show much? No. So the issue is either recruiting or development or both. I tend to lean to both.

Has Mario and Frost developed anybody? Think about this. Is AMart any better? Maybe a little, but not much. Did Luke improve? Not in my opinion. Did Vedral really show much? No. So the issue is either recruiting or development or both. I tend to lean to both.
No qb should ever have that ratio, no matter the coach. I'm not defending the coaches, I'm saying Luke sucked as a drop back QB. Great as a bootleg trickplay QB, but so were Rex Burkhead and Marlon Lucky. We know what position those two played

Not even close to identical numbers. And you know it, LM was way worse in every stat. He got a chance and sucked.

Exactly.

And you can’t elaborate more on this?
I would but why does it matter? Until it’s a done deal there is no reason to scare a kid off. If I post it and somebody from his current school that mattered actually reads it, it could be catastrophic.

Everybody thinks Frost is whistling in the graveyard at QB yet we’ve brought in very good transfer players at positions of need this off-season. Do you really think he is going to ignore the top spot (QB) when we already know that McCaffrey was a whiff?
Additionally, we had a poor showing across the board at QB last year. Any transfer worth anything would be licking their chops right now.

I've never said LM or AM is anything more or less than their statistics say they are.

statistically, they were nearly identical in every measure last season.

people acting like one is atrocious while the other isn't are pathetically grasping at straws.

Why do you repeatedly say this? They were not anywhere close. LM turned the ball over at 2X the rate. And had much, much worse passing statistics across the board. He did start one game in which the rest of the team showed up and won, despite his play, so there is that.

I would but why does it matter? Until it’s a done deal there is no reason to scare a kid off. If I post it and somebody from his current school that mattered actually reads it, it could be catastrophic.

Everybody thinks Frost is whistling in the graveyard at QB yet we’ve brought in very good transfer players at positions of need this off-season. Do you really think he is going to ignore the top spot (QB) when we already know that McCaffrey was a whiff?
Additionally, we had a poor showing across the board at QB last year. Any transfer worth anything would be licking their chops right now.

Wish this was true, but I’m having a hard time believing it.

I think the quarterbacks/team get the vibe that Frost is sticking with Adrian no matter how terrible he gets. Why would you ever stay in that situation as a young quarterback? Not only do you not get a real chance to win the job, but the coach is arrogant about it and the quarterback that gets the nod struggles season after season and seems pretty indifferent about it. It would be difficult to sit behind someone that the entire country can see is not the right guy. You can have a couple soft/mentally weak guys on a team, but the coach appointed leader can't be lacking fire, or the will to win. Adrian has shown that football isn't that big of a deal to him. He doesn't want it bad enough to win at a place like Nebraska, that demands fire, leadership and competitive edge. We are at a point in the offense where we need a leader to pull guys along, this kid is quiet, hardly competitive and doesn't have any ground to stand on when he has been as bad as anyone. It is a mess. Sticking with Adrian has been providing diminishing returns for too long. If Smothers is even shopping around, I would be looking for a Transfer and focus recruiting on a real quarterback next time instead of athletes that all have major flaws in the quarterback game, making it difficult to decide who is even close to being a real quarterback.

Maybe Scott has to stick with Adrian because that is all he has. If so it is his own fault. I question the talent of the quarterbacks that have recruited. Luke certainly doesn't look like a Big Ten Qb. I have asked in the past on this Board about Smothers abilities and have been told he needs to work on his passing? Why are we even going after these guys? Adrian may have all the fire in the world, but he sure doesn't show it. There is no sense of urgency with him. That may come from his coaches because most of the time they show no urgency either. I don't how well Adrian processes his reads, both on run and pass plays. I notice often times on run plays that are designed to hand off to the back he hands off even when it is obvious the play has no chance. Then on passing plays he tends to pick out his favorite and zeros in on them all day. Stanley, JD and Wan'Dale would be just getting killed and Adrian would not look at another receiver. Who is he going to force it into this year?

I think the quarterbacks/team get the vibe that Frost is sticking with Adrian no matter how terrible he gets. Why would you ever stay in that situation as a young quarterback? Not only do you not get a real chance to win the job, but the coach is arrogant about it and the quarterback that gets the nod struggles season after season and seems pretty indifferent about it. It would be difficult to sit behind someone that the entire country can see is not the right guy. You can have a couple soft/mentally weak guys on a team, but the coach appointed leader can't be lacking fire, or the will to win. Adrian has shown that football isn't that big of a deal to him. He doesn't want it bad enough to win at a place like Nebraska, that demands fire, leadership and competitive edge. We are at a point in the offense where we need a leader to pull guys along, this kid is quiet, hardly competitive and doesn't have any ground to stand on when he has been as bad as anyone. It is a mess. Sticking with Adrian has been providing diminishing returns for too long. If Smothers is even shopping around, I would be looking for a Transfer and focus recruiting on a real quarterback next time instead of athletes that all have major flaws in the quarterback game, making it difficult to decide who is even close to being a real quarterback.
Good point. Except for that annoying fact AM was better than LM across the board at actually playing QB.

So why spew your $&it with a post yourself thinking it isn’t true..🤧
Because others heard the same and was seeing if anyone else heard it. I also didn’t believe Luke was transferring but look how that turned out. No one knew Jd was transferring but there were many posts on him. Same with wandale. All rumors. So it’s relevant

Good point. Except for that annoying fact AM was better than LM across the board at actually playing QB.
I would agree with that. I was speaking to how it would feel as Smothers, an unproven prospect. If you are a real competitor, it would be nearly impossible to stomach sitting behind a proven loser. I think the staff is leaning too far in the direction of a runner and forgetting that a threat in the passing game is crucial to gashing people with a QB run. You have got to have balls to be the type of quarterback that a team leans on to CREATE tough yards when the team needs them, Adrian still struggles to just run plays with zip and urgency. He is a great athlete, maybe suited better for basketball or baseball. Real competitive quarterbacks don't have to be asked to get after teammates that aren't giving it their all. It just takes a mentality first and foremost to be a successful QB, unless you are surrounded by NFL teammates, you need a general with the gall to demand nobody lets go of the rope.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Because others heard the same and was seeing if anyone else heard it. I also didn’t believe Luke was transferring but look how that turned out. No one knew Jd was transferring but there were many posts on him. Same with wandale. All rumors. So it’s relevant

No it was unnecessary $&it stirring at it’s finest.. I’d almost think your not a true Husker fan with posting stuff if you were jbi does with his negative posts..

So when he said we will be dangerous by year 2 he meant what exactly? Or when he bashed previous staffs but has actually performed worse he meant what? And when he said Luke was the future of the program he meant what?
I think you are just confirming my point… Frost has shown that when he speaks, it’s always going to be hyperbole… Why are you believing it and using it as an argument that he doesn’t know what he’s doing? It’s all fluff…

Reactions: headcard
I think you are just confirming my point… Frost has shown that when he speaks, it’s always going to be hyperbole… Why are you believing it and using it as an argument that he doesn’t know what he’s doing? It’s all fluff…
So don’t listen to him and just judge him off results?

Reactions: blackbones
at the end of the glorious, almost there 2020 season i thought and said on here that we needed 2 qb's from the portal. I apologize to everyone here, we needed THREE!!!!!!!!!! RollingLaugh

Ok, I'll bite even though it's nothisng more than a BS rumor. Say we have a huge name coming in. Would that be the other QB that Frost recruited to UCF and played after Milton went down?

Frost didn’t recruit UCF’s current QB, that was all Heupel

which transfer QB worth anything would agree to come in and be the backup QB? i dont see many starting QBs transferring which means it will be someone else's backup and why would they transfer programs to stay in the same position? Martinez knowledge of the system and experience will make him very difficult to knock off. now i have no doubt that Frost can smooth talk some QB into coming but i dont think this player will be the starter next year which means he will not impact the program much

Still, iowa sucks

Me likey.

I hope it’s the case where Frost is playing chess and the rest are playing checkers. I really hope he’s ahead of the game this time. By when will we know something? This week?
I am actually surprised it is not finished or announced yet. It is not from lack of effort on our end. Truth is they are trying really hard. Given the recent transfers, the gloves are off from Frost. No more coddling these kids when everybody with even a decent football IQ can see the problems. Look at what we really lost versus what we gained in the transfer market. Truth is we lost two great athletes in McCaffrey and Wandale but they were far from irreplaceable in the positions they want to play. Will the new guys do better? Who knows but we couldn’t ignore the problems anymore. Time for something new. We just need the QB transfer to happen and happen yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT